Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Mu Zeta posted:

Also there are more efficient ways to get drunk than loving budweiser.

Such as drinking it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Look man I have never even touched Budweiser, I was just making a silly joke okay

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
There's some kinda renovation going on in the apartment below me and the drilling and banging noises are driving me up the loving wall.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Well, fortunately the work only lasted for a couple days, and far as I can tell my floor is at the same height as it was before. Though frankly I'd gladly give a few inches of room height if it meant I never have to hear such racket again.

As for another noise related FWP, this morning my sleep was interrupted first by the neighbour's harridan yelling into her telephone outside, a second time by some maintenance van or whatever idling its rickety diesel engine for what seemed like an eternity just a few dozen feet from my bedroom window, and because these two weren't noisy enough, a third time by - I poo poo you not - a loving F-18 literally doing aerobatics right above the neighbourhood.

God I loving hate noise.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I should go buy food, but I'm feeling particularly lazy and can't be bothered, so I'm urging to just order pizza instead. But I just did that a couple weeks ago and should really be more frugal than that. But I waaaant pizzaaaaaa.

Fortunately I still have about three hours to get my poo poo together and adult myself into the store before it closes.

gently caress me that pizza would really hit the spot though.

EDIT: God damnit I just brewed a full pot of coffee before I realised I don't even have any milk. :doh: I guess that settles it though, I'm going to the store right the hell now.

Nordick has a new favorite as of 15:47 on Jul 25, 2018

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Put a tarp over it?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Hanging laundry up to dry is such a tedious loving chore and I hate it.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

aardwolf posted:

Some lady halfway around the world has presumably forgotten how to spell her email address and has started signing mine up for things.

I hope little Ian made his orthodontist appointment on time :ohdear:

I have a similar situation and because I'm a spiteful oval office, I sure hope Melanie gets fined to poo poo for missing the inspections for her stupid old Camaro.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
My secondary monitor is this ancient little LCD, and I have to keep my PC running 24/7 without power saving mode or anything, because if the screen turns off it'll take it like five to ten minutes of flickering to come back on, and it's just a pain in the rear end.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
The cord on my mechanical keyboard broke, so now I'm reduced to using an old generic membrane keyboard like some loving plebian.

Further FWP is that the cord is probably perfectly fixable, I just have zero DIY skills or tools. :saddowns:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I have a whole bunch internet friends from a number of wildly different time zones, and still there is nobody online on anything right now and I'm loving bored

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I have the zit from Hell on my inner thigh, just optimally positioned for maximum chafeage.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Inzombiac posted:

I can never find the right combo of food/caffeine/sleep.
I'm always tired and unfocused, even at my best.

HOLY gently caress posted:

Same, I’ve been dealing with this for about 2 years and it feels like I’m really struggling to put together sentences sometimes. 😕

If you can, get tested for sleep apnea. I have been feeling the same for the last few years, and was finally diagnosed with severe sleep apnea a month ago. Currently in line to get a CPAP machine, and hopefully it won't be too long, because it's just been getting worse lately and I barely remember what it's like to wake up actually feeling rested.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I wanna play Generation Zero but ain't got nobody to play it with. :saddowns: Everyone I played it with before have hosed off into the ether or something and none of my other friends have it.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
My lovely cheap headset gave up the ghost, and I sent an RMA form and it was approved and all, but now I need to package the drat thing properly for a return and schlep to the post office with it, and it's all just so much EFFORT for a 25 € headset :effort:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Star Man posted:

I am always so utterly ashamed of my interests. I am a thirty-three year old man, I should not like things like video games, heavy metal, comics, and other kitsch things.

It's only acceptable to like that stuff because it's been made insanely marketable. The second it's not making money anymore is the day that stuff becomes shameful like it should be.

What the gently caress

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I am so goddamn sick of constantly being out of milk (I drink a lot of it), but I have to do my grocery shopping on foot and there's only so much that I can haul at once with my goony-rear end noodle arms.

I just had a couple real nice tasty sandwiches, and not being able to chug a big glass of cold milk to chase them down is actually making me distraught.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Mzuri posted:

My dude, have you heard of backpacks?

In full honesty, it has been so long since I last used a backpack that they had sort of slipped my mind as a thing that applies to me.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I bought a whole pack of new socks, and the stretch bands on the cuffs are too tight.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
gently caress microwaves with buttons. Give me that good old dial to turn any day.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

HOLY gently caress posted:

Right? Plus it helps when i'm having days that my allergies are worse than usual. And it covers up the parts of my face that i don't really like! :buddy:

Also, I can quietly mouth along to the music I'm listening to while shopping, without looking like a lunatic

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
This isn't exactly a problem as much as just odd and puzzling, but:

My apartment is plagued by butterflies.
I've lived here for over 15 years and can count on one hand the amount of instances of a butterfly ending up inside, despite keeping windows ajar almost constantly. But this summer it's been pretty much a weekly occurrence. Mostly it's been small tortoiseshells (to be expected, they are super common), with a couple red admirals in the mix. Just earlier today I found one tortie on the wall in my bathroom, carefully caught it under a bowl and let it outside, and there's currently one sitting on my living room ceiling which I'm not gonna bother with because I don't fancy teetering on a stool for it.

I mean, this is a welcome change from the wasps that kept butting in the last few years, but.... Why? Why are you all suddenly coming in here I don't even have any flowers or anything else that hasn't been here before :psyduck:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
The light in my bathroom burnt out a few days ago (I forgot to buy a new tube when I went to the store), but my brain adamantly refuses to retain this information, so every time I go to take a leak, I hit the light switch when stepping in and close the door behind me and end up standing there in the darkness feeling like an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Meanwhile my problem with ASMR is that I really appreciate the good stuff (it helps me wind down and get to sleep when my brain's going brrrr), but finding it in the sea of all the weird poo poo is such a huge chore.

More generally, it also peeves me that the originally perfectly innocuous (if quirky) phenomenon has been completely tarnished by loving weirdos.

All it is, is that for some people, certain kinds of sounds or other stimuli trigger a peculiar feeling that is very soothing and relaxing. And "real" ASMR videos merely aim to do that. That is it, that is seriously all there is to it. But no, The Internet had to loving cargo cult the whole thing into an incomprehensible mess and now we have streams of e-girls licking their microphones for three hours.