Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I have a headcold and need to blow my nose, but I can't get up to get tissues because there is a dog lying with his head in my lap :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

DrBouvenstein posted:

Same here.

She bought a couple packs while we were on vacation a couple weeks because,
'It's a vacation! I should be able to do what I want!'

And then of course she had to finish the second pack she bought after we got home because otherwise it's a waste of money (:rolleyes:). And since then she's bought another pack because she was out drinking with a friend, and she smokes, so of course she had to buy a pack to smoke with her, and then of course finish that pack throughout the week.

And no, OBVIOUSLY, she couldn't just not smoke, because then she'd be all alone in the bar while her friend smoked outside... And no, she couldn't just bum a few cigs because she smokes a different brand (:rolleyes::rolleyes:).

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

My girlfriend started smoking again and it's really annoying me that she did.

Don't you have leverage you can use, being their boyfriends?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Malachite_Dragon posted:

There's only so much you can do even as the boyfriend. Either they want to quit smoking, or they don't.

My sister is the only family member who smokes and she WILL NOT SHUT THE gently caress UP ABOUT THIS :tizzy:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

As mentioned, there's only so much you can do if they don't wanna quit.

It's irritating to me because the reason she gave is "I just don't have any willpower :saddowns:" which is complete horseshit.

She was doing really good with the vaping stuff for months, and while I didn't really like it either, it's leagues healthier above smoking as far as "needing to inhale stuff" goes.

She just doesn't want to quit, and I can understand that, I just hate the stupid loving excuses she gives for it. If she'd just own up to it and go "I WANT TO SMOKE AND GET CANCER BECAUSE IT MAKES ME HAPPY" I'd be like "Well, ok then" but instead she's got a variation of reasons like no willpower, my parents are gone and I don't have anyone keeping me straight (which, bonus points they both died of cancer years ago), my job is stressful, etc,

I'm just the boyfriend, not the husband, so there's only so loud my foot can speak once I have put it down. Plus I don't want to turn this into FWP e/n.

Yeah I get it. I've been the one in your girlfriends' position in the past, and while quitting is something that has to come from within, I always at least smoked less when my girlfriends would shame me for smoking. YMMV obviously.