Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I'm bartending and I've had one customer since I opened.

I'm getting paid to sit on my rear end, but I really want to mix martinis and make fancy drinks for people :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

I'm I'm a dude that love goofy fancy drink but most bartenders scowl when I order them.
Be my best friend?

My favorite drink is a Hot Tamale, which is just fireball, uv cherry, and ginger ale. :unsmigghh:

Ain't nothing wrong with fruity drinks. Just never order drinks which require a blender. Every bartender hates blender drinks

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I complained about a dead bar and ended up with a full one :)

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

My computer has been installing updates since 12pm, so for the past five hours I've had to use my smart phone to browse SomethingAwful

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I just worked 11 hours and earned tips but it doesn't leave me enough time between night shift to morning shift for me to play games on my computer before going to bed :smith:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

The backlog grows :unsmigghh:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I just got let go from my housekeeping job

i work three jobs and one just offered me full time. Which is good, because it means I get benefits, but I liked working part time and not getting bored by working the same job for forty hours a week

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Malachite_Dragon posted:

"It's all sorted out", he said.
"You'll definitely have those hours you're owed on this paycheck", he said.
Take a guess whether those hours were actually on my paycheck. Go on. :shepspends:

Stop working immediately

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

My 6 hour shift became a 7:30 shift because my coworker is home sick

I wanted to go home earlier and play Fallout 4 :saddowns:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I have 10 gifts to wrap

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

I don't buy into the meme but you need to sever. That is inexcusable.
Failure Bachelor Chow is fine for the times you just need to put calories into your misery engine but Xmas, Festivus, Candle Nights should be respected with food made with some semblance of care.

Tonight my dinner will be greasy chicken strips from a local bar because I'm off work, want to get hosed up and put hot greasy meat in my body.

Sever (from alcohol)

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I bought the digital copy of FO4 and despite being 30 gigs, it downloaded in an hour. I booted it up ready to look for my dead gay son and it turns out it only downloaded the SPECIAL videos that play while it downloads 26 more gigs of game. Because it downloads via FO4 and not the PS downloader, i cant play any other games while waiting because FO4 has to run to download the game. :mad:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I have the house to myself, and far harbor downloading on my PS4, but i can't play it until I get home from my very easy second job.

I'm replacing that job with an even easier and better paying job, but it will be a week until they can confirm i've been hired on because they also ran a print ad in next week's paper. I've been told they'll absolutely give it to me, because they asked for me specifically to apply, but they can't formally start me on the schedule until the ad has run for 24 hours.

I ate too much cheese again :(

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Cowslips Warren posted:

There was a big fight on the online rpg I am on (with about 10 other people) because one dude decided his character, being so smart, is able to rush into a room, grab the two people inside, throw an explosive over his shoulder to level the exit as they are leaving, then rush out and inspect one of the passed out people AND determine what drug she was dosed with. In the space of one line/turn. The other three people in the scene are pretty pissed but he won't back down so now it's all on hold.

Trying to find a new series to binge watch. Game of Thrones got bad in season 5. Have done Mad Men and Breaking Bad. What next?

My mom's job has been bought by a rival company. Hers insists it is a partnership but the owners told her it was a sale.

My Nexus tablet seems to be dying. It is three years old but come on!

House of Cards, if you haven't already. I'm only on Season 1, when things apparently haven't even gotten Cah-ray-zee, and I'm still enthralled.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

HOLY gently caress posted:

That probably would've been easier than going to Ikea on a Saturday, which is what I ended up doing :shepspends:

My friend has recently become a beauty blogger and her eyebrows are getting more and more terrible. Like straight up thick, square Instagram brows that don't suit her at all but i don't know how to tell her. Also maybe they do look good and I'm just bad at things like this? Oh god :negative:

Fashion is subjective and they probably look good unless they're tattooed on. She can shape them for the next brow fashion acceptance, and in the meantime you should accept her side-shave cut for how it is, because it does actually look good, but only for a flash in the pan.

Tell her that her eyebrow game is great, support her through it, and let her hit the next cycle of fashion as far as makeup goes. If she's squaring her brows, she needs that more than a half-assed wakeup call from somebody who isn't on her fashion radar. Work through it, not against it. Eyebrow game is as fluctuating as season colors.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I have seventy SA LP episodes to watch and I work at 4 PM tomorrow

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

BioEnchanted posted:

What was the cartoon? :3:

I can guarantee it was steven universe

A great show, you should watch all of it because it's an emotional rollercoaster at a certain point

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I'm probably going to end an engagement because my fiance is a hardcore berniebro that publicly shames me for ignorance on poo poo that takes five minutes to debunk.

They're a paid-for doctorate student from parents' money accusing me of privilege while i juggle three jobs to save for a 2-year :smith:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

My wifi has somehow slowed down to inconsistent levels, to the point that I can't consistently watch 720p video

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I've got a horrid stomach bug that basically means I've been expelling clear water out my rear end and mouth for about 18 hours. It took 2 liters of saline just to get me in the realm of peeing for a piss test.

And I'm mostly upset because I want to play video games to pass the time but physically cannot

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I just got home from a great weekend out of town, but the soonest I can do it again is in a month

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I have sneezed fifteen times in the past minute, not counting the three in the time it took me to type this reply on my phone

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

In IOS10 I have to swipe up for my phone controls, then swipe left for music controls

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

My store is dead and I have two hours until my shift is over and I can eat thanksgiving/drimk with my family

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

My aunt made me some amazing looking olive-walnut bites but she used lovely canned black olives so they taste good until the awful aftertaste

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I only want to play FFXV but I drank with my dad and now I'm too drunk to play FFXV without being awful at combat or bored of waiting for the regalia to autodrive where I need to go

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

My favorite new web series Touch the Skyrim seems to be abandoned for either technical issues or lack of interest

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I ate triscuits with an entire brick of pepper jack cheese because I am a slovenly glutton who loves dairy, and now I'm stuck attempting to take a dump while my rear end in a top hat has turned into a portable, unshitting space heater.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I am about to work a 7 hour shift on 2 hours of sleep after working the same morning shift yesterday on 2 hours of sleep.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

My 18 year old cat was put to sleep today. She had myriad health problems that developed during this last year, with her deafness and heart murmurs being background to kidney and bladder failure. We couldn't afford time and money to make sure she was well kept after because we barely make ends meet without checking in on every possible break just to make sure she wasn't peeing on everything she rested on.

My FWP is that I'm alone in the house for the weekend, and a deaf cat meows twice as hard to get your attention when she's around.

My house has never felt this empty.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Last night I laid down at 4 am, an hour earlier than my normal bedtime, to wake up refreshed and motivated for my 3 PM job.

I tossed and turned all night, zero actual sleep.

I got home two hours ago, popped my sleeping pill, laid down immediately to sleep, and haven't had a wink since

F U C K

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Kelp Me! posted:

I'm stuck in a war of passive-aggressive bullshit like the neighbor who decides the easiest thing to do with the newspaper she repeatedly ran over in her driveway and is now a sludgy wet mass of pulp would be to pick it up and neatly deposit it in a pile on my lawn instead of actually throwing it away.

I really feel like one of those "everyone on the highway is driving the wrong way but me" situations but god drat, whatever happened to basic neighborly courtesy?

The rational human part of me says "toss it in a bag and get on with your drat life, your neighbor is a bitch, so what" but the vindictive rear end in a top hat in my kind of wants to put a camera in the window and make a stink about the bullshit (I'm not actually going to do this because I have a life)

Call in to that paper that that person's household isn't utilizing their subscribing and instead kicking into your lawn

They might get reprieve from their view of junk mail, or else their paper distributor will stop further deliveries

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

They have chipotle ranch flamin hot cheetos in my region now and they're delicious!

--posted from my porcelain hot-tamale maker

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Tiggum posted:

Cutting the food and manipulating it onto the fork. How is this a mystery to you?

:psyduck:

loving Poe's Law in action again

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Usually my neighbors have all kinds of mortars going off for the Fourth of July, but I'm sitting on my patio and can't see any. Just a lot of little multi-shot prepacks that don't shoot high enough for me to see.

One neighbor is firing mortars but it's a street over and I can't see them at all.

Just sounds like a lot of fire crackers and I can't afford my own this year. :smith:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

The firecracker sounds have given way to cats in heat.

My patio time is now just awful.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

The new health craze in my small town is drinking tonic water to help with joint pain, and all the stores are sold out. All of them. So now I'm having Martinis tonight instead of gin and tonics like I wanted :mad:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I drink a lot of V8s because I like the flavor, not for health reasons but because I like them. I recognize it is just sugar water. To make sure you don't end up with a slimy mess at the bottom of the can, you shake them vigorously to make sure its all homogenous.

I just had a can of coke for the first time in a while.

:saddowns:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Manager Hoyden posted:

When I play the sims I super minmax my sim and get them to the top of the career ladder, buy the biggest prebuilt house, then get bored.

I don't think I understand the sims and probably play it wrong

You get to that point, and then the goal of the game is to gently caress the grim reaper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Dr Christmas posted:

Goddamn sports or whatever completely messing up my DVR’d Bob’s Burgers episodes :argh:

If it's a tivo, you can adjust your season pass to always start up to 5 minutes early and keep recording for as long as 3 hours past the end time in the guide