Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
Any website that claims my "experience will be better" if I disable my ad blocker. Who the gently caress do they think they're kidding? I don't understand how insulting their readers intelligence is supposed to help. Should have gone with the old-fashioned guilt trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
...which are?

Dying alone, unloved and unmissed doesn't really sound like an advantage. Please consider the possibility that your therapist is right.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Sunswipe posted:

There are no chip shops that deliver to where I live, so I'll have to eat something else tonight. But I reeeeeeeeeeally want fish and chips.

Y'know, buying your own deep fryer is pretty cheap these days. It might even end up saving you money in the long run.

FWP: mine is tucked away in the basement because it ended up wrecking my waistline :(

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
Some lady halfway around the world has presumably forgotten how to spell her email address and has started signing mine up for things.

I hope little Ian made his orthodontist appointment on time :ohdear:

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Hello inscrutable oriental! You seem to have accidentally searched for and clicked on a western recipe! Wouldn't you rather be in the ghetto we've created for your kind?

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Pyroclastic posted:

My last main computer monitor was a TV and didn't have any buttons accessible from the front; had to go in from above. It died, and I got a 4k monitor...which has its controls in a stupid rocker hat configuration on the back. There is no remote or instant input switching, so whenever I want to switch to consoles, I have to compete with the even going blank from no input with bringing up the OSD so I can change inputs.
I really want a remote-controlled monitor so it'd work with my Harmony.

Are you aware you can buy stand alone HDMI switches with IR remote controls? You plug your computer / consoles in to the switch, its output in to your monitor and Bob is your father's brother. Plenty of them are Harmony compatible (you can check a particular make / model here on the Harmony site)

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
Was the fact that Mortimer McMire isn't dead really that much of a shock?

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
The big new video game releases right now are Jedi Souls and The Postman (auteur edition) and I'm not excited about either.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

Imma see one of them star wars today and I can just feel that someone is gonna spoil it for me in the next 6 hours.

Turns out that Leia and Luke are siblings.

I have to admit I did not see that one coming. Was the franchise sponsored by Folger's or what?

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
I spent half a minute hunting around for my headphones only to realise they were already on my head.

I'm pretty sure nobody saw me but I still feel pretty silly.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Platform-exclusive DLCs. Christ on a bike.

No, the Christ on a bike code is only included with EBgames pre-orders.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
I have been quarantining myself in my room and things have progressed from "I can't bear to move that precious sleeping kitty" to "SHOVE OVER FURBALL THIS IS MY BED" very quickly.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
Love might be a burnin' thing but it shouldn't leave a fiery ring :(

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
I was reading the "Why was your day lovely today?" thread and now I suddenly need to go hug my mum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
I can't help but notice that when I moved back to the city I was born in we had two earthquakes and a mass shooting.

Now that I've left it seems everybody there is doing really well.