Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Can't decide if I want to pop my Dragons Maze booster boxes or sell them as-is.

The last local skating rink closed. I can shell out for another pair of wheels specifically for asphalt. Or I can drive an hour to a super-sketchy rink where the music sucks and the derby girls won't loving stop trying to recruit me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I need to inter-library loan a dozen items for the book I'm writing, but the local library only does two ILLs at a time. I offered to pay all the fees up-front, found all the accession numbers, nope, two at a time. I effing WORK at that library and it's two at a time. GRR.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Wedemeyer posted:

Borrow friend's library card? Just be sure not to incur fines!

Hmm. I wonder how many of my friends need to get library cards...

Also, the university library is 24/7 only for students. :saddowns:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Helios Grime posted:

Imagine living in a first world country where literally no shop/convenience store/diner is open 24/7. Is it even allowed to be called a first world country then?

My historic hometown decided to indicate which businesses in historic downtown had nighttime hours by hanging big gaudy yellow OPEN LATE flags over their buildings. C'mon, it's a place trying to be quaint and charming to suck down tourist dollars. The locals know what's open after dark and what's worth visiting after dark.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I wanted to start recording a blind playthrough of Fallout 3 tonight with my boyfriend but he's busy chatting to a mutual acquaintance on Skype. We were going to start it this weekend and everything.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Summer in a college town means, among other things, local restaurants cut their food deliveries because they're not selling meals to hungry college students. The place we picked for dinner tonight was out of several things and made me a Frankensalad. Would've worked if they hadn't used the salty chicken from the sandwich line instead of the unsalted chicken they normally use on salads.

Also, the ice cream place closed early because they were out of ice cream. That's never happened before.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

My girfriend made dinner tonight and it was revolting: fatty, tasteless pot roast and unspiced eggplant cooked like squash. I can't make something edible for myself until she goes to bed.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

My insurance is determined to be a dick about my prescriptions despite the intervention of two doctors and a pharmacist. With Big Pharma seeing the 2016 elections as their last best chance to kill the ACA, I imagine my insurance company will try to slip me the dick as often as possible during the next fourteen months.

I'm also out of cute vegetable Forever Stamps. :sigh:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

My certified birth certificate copy that I've had since I was a tiny que isn't good enough to get a passport. I spent the better part of a week trying to arrange the necessaries by phone with my birth state until I landed on the one clerk who directed me to payments by Internet. Also got pretty well gouged for the fancy piece of paper too. At least when it's all over, I'll have official notarized documentation that I am truly QUE.

Rural record keeping can go blow a goat.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

There's one of those 300+ flavor soda dispensers in this campus pavilion and after experimenting I found out you can't just mix any fruit flavor with any soda, they're pre-calculated. I'm just gonna have half-and-half tea.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I want to refill my water glass but I don't want to wake the sleeping cat on my lap.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

One of my scrips keeps falling off auto-refill so I have to wait to get it filled when I come in to pick up the rest.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I don't have access to a hair dryer and my freshly washed hair's turning into unmanageable ringlets.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I'm out of liquid vitamins till January and now I have to take the big-rear end pills.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I'm sick enough to be in bed and I have a bunch of things I need to get done and now I can't do any of them.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

My boyfriend is singing the only verses of American Pie he knows (the first and last) while cleaning out the house computers. And now he wants requests. :sigh:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Seems like nobody but me knows who Glenn Frey was or the supergroup the Traveling Wilburys.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

The taco place keeps giving me an extra order of chips with the extra cup of queso. I don't want more chips, dammit, just more cheese! I'm staring at these two giant baskets of chips and wondering how I'm going to get them home because I abhor food waste.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

One of the YouTube channels I watch for gameplay tips has run out of tips and the host fills the airtime with random neuron firings instead. If I wanted to listen to strangers attempt humor, I'd tune in to a podcast or something.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Aleph Null posted:

:therapy:

Edit: not joking. It works.

It's entirely possible to be on meds and in therapy and still have bad depression days. Thanks chronic illness!

I'm not sure I have enough orange juice to last me through the snowstorm.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Finally talked to someone at the taco place about the excess tortilla chip situation and now I'm worried I've become THAT customer.

Also eating a taco with a fork. :colbert:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I had to explain to someone who Shel Silverstein was.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I gotta take a shower, and then I gotta go vote.

I'm just annoyed because I know my state is a hardcore red state, and no matter who I vote for, they are going to go red, and I am not red.

So, I gotta go stand in line to cast a vote that ultimately won't matter in the end because of how the political system is set up.

HOWEVER, if I just bust a fuckit and stay home, I'm gonna feel bad even if there's no possible way it's going to be anything close to a "1 vote would have changed the election!" sort of situation.

Kinda the same way I felt on Super Tuesday. Sorry dude.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

The bakery was out of Italian bread so I had French bread with my tomato soup for dinner.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

My meds occasionally give me dry mouth and it keeps me awake.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

There are at least a dozen places around here that offer pizza and not a single drat one of them has green olives as a topping choice.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Why does the sole of one of my shoes make a fart noise when I walk on tile :gonk:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Someone was getting a tow from the lot next to where I buy my pre-work 70-cent slushie, and there was no parking, so there is no slushie. I'm gonna have to make myself a cafe au lait from work coffee instead.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Crow Jane posted:

Thanks, dudes. Unfortunately I know a ton of smokers, so it's been a challenge. I'm tapering off rather than going cold turkey, so it could be worse, but I had a few ciders after work and now I don't know what to do with my hands :smith:

Have you tried one of those grip strengthener devices? The ones that sort of look like tongs. Good resistance and gives your punching hand something to do.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I'm staying at a relative's house for the holiday and I keep tripping over her two small black panthersblack cats who just want to get pets.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I have cleaning I need to do at home but there's nothing to do besides cleaning at work for the rest of the night and gently caress if I'm doing one then the other tonight.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Rare Collectable posted:

It looks like I'll have to get it online some way or another unless I get really lucky. I just have a thing about reading stuff in paperback for some nerdy reason.

Go to worldcat.org, see which library has it and go there, or go to your local library and ask about an interlibrary loan for it. There might be a small fee for postage, but nothing major.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I sent half of my Rimworld colonists offplanet last night and I have to wait till tomorrow to play again and get the remaining colonists into shape.

I also want to do an LP of it but I don't have the time.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

KingColliwog posted:

I bought an "expensive" powerful blender and ate so much raspberries that my whole digestive system is rebelling

A shame tasty berries aren't kind to your colon. Don't put a quart of blueberries in your blender either, causes similar results. It's like Seagram's and 7-Up, good when it's happening but so many regrets later.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

The vet's office keeps misgendering my cat.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I have a week of leave starting tomorrow and I think I'm getting sick.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I get to go to work and serve people who think I am an abomination unto the LORD. Always has been. Just more acceptable today than yesterday.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

My lover is snoring loudly right behind my ear but he's holding me and it's warm and cozy so I'm browsing SA instead of sleeping because snoring.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I'm filling out Xmas cards with someone infatuated with holiday spirit and wants to inflict it on the rest of us. I don't know what's worse, traditional Xmas or hipster Xmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Friend of a friend wrote an opinion piece for WaPo and I read the top comments and now I'm angry but I can't stay angry because I'm at work.