Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

My FWP is that I was playing Skyrim and Lydia decided to just run in front of me when I was throwing a fireball, so she ate poo poo into a trap (swinging gate), and then the corpse disappeared so all the poo poo I had given her to carry just loving vanished.

This is why I always carry a dead chicken with me during the early game.

Corpse inventories don't count towards your overall weight so you can literally stuff your dead chicken 'suitcase' with thousands of items and still run around at full speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
How is that even legal to sell something so far out of date?

Let's play third world dystopian shithole or the US.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I once had a pair of glasses where the nose piece went over the nose, rather than on either side of it. Turns out, having your glasses sit on top of your nose rather than pressing into the sides of it is not only massively more comfortable, it also stops them sliding down.

But they stopped making them and eventually you couldn't even get replacement nose pieces (they were small and soft and only lasted a year or so) and I had to go back to regular frames.

Never again to know truly comfortable glasses :(

lovely photo of one:

That's the Charmant CH10100 model which looks pretty arse, I had the CH10101 and good luck finding a single photo or mention of that anywhere on the internet.

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 14:59 on Nov 16, 2016

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Inzombiac posted:

I have to either use a mouse that has a hundred years of battery life but stutter in games (even in its performance profile) or one that dies if you even look at it but is as smooth as silk.

Logitech 602 vs. G700. They are both terrible.

The G700s is the most incredible mouse I've ever used and also has the worst battery.

Like, what the hell Logitech?

Why can't I have a kickass mouse with half a dozen easily programmable buttons and a recharging dock like the great MX series?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I use a wallpaper program so that whenever I have my second monitor blank I can still look over at all the pretty images changing every couple of minutes.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

cyberia posted:

I woke up this morning and my ribs are so goddamned sore; it hurts to breathe or move. Did I pull a muscle while I was sleeping? Is this what getting old is like? I just hope the pain goes away so I don't have to cancel my NYE plans.

There's an old saying about ageing that, after middle age, the only time you'll ever wake up without pain is when you're dead.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Also people driving off the road because they're loving idiots.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Mikl posted:

I hate websites that automatically redirect you to their mobile version when you open them on your phone.

Sites which redirect you to their lovely local versions with zero content and, specifically, not the content you went to the drat site to view in the first place.

Most recent example is Huffpo. I wanted to visit their site to see something stupid Trump had done, but they redirected me to the Australian version of their site which didn't even have that article.

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 05:44 on Mar 30, 2017

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
It seems like every time I go into a shop or whatever to buy something, I get stuck behind someone who gets to the counter, is told their total, and then says, "Oh, I just have to transfer some money over," and I have to stand there and wait for them to do their online banking because they're too loving stupid to keep some money on their card.

Goddamn, just keep $50 on your card and you won't have to do this.

Fake edit: Worst is when they actually know their total beforehand, like at a petrol station, and still can't get their poo poo together before reaching the poor schmuck behind the counter.

Okay, you just got $40 in fuel and are now standing in line. You obviously know you don't have enough on your card right at this moment because you're going to say just that to the cashier in a few seconds, so perhaps there's something you could be doing while you wait?

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 15:18 on May 9, 2017

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
My microwave died today, so I've spent the last couple hours going over all the major brands and what they have to offer.

My first world problem is who decided that we no longer needed numbers on the front of the microwave?

(this is the worst offender, with just a stop, start and a useless slider on the front)

Yes, very sleek and stylish, but why did I need to open the goddamn door to program it?

Oh wait, there are still no numbers in here. You literally have to hold + or - until you get to the time you want. Hope you weren't aiming for half an hour, because 10 second increments is all you get.

Even the 'cheap' ones only give you this:

If I wanted 3:50 on my old microwave, it was three button presses. On these, it's eight.

We had numbers on the front for 50 years and now that's too much trouble?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I'm so glad it's not just me who sets times like 4:23 or 5:19.

I was genuinely shocked how horrible microwaves are now. You can buy super cheap ones at Target/Kmart which still have the traditional displays. Everything else has gone 'trendy'.

I just want simple reliable poo poo to heat my dinner :(

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Cowslips Warren posted:

I tried the Diva/June cup and the bitch doesn't sit right so it leaks. Pads feel like wearing half a diaper and horrible when I'm sweating from the summer. I wish I could just cut out all this babymaking gear and be done with it.

Can you get a prescription for the pill without the sugar pills?

I may be horribly misinformed, but I think that stops periods altogether.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
On the topic of songs on the radio, I just spent $130 on a digital radio to keep at work so I never have to hear another loving Drive Time DJ team ever again.

Worth it at twice the price.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
It's been stinking hot here the past few days, so I made sure to set the timer for the drip system that keeps the birdbath full.

Looked out there today and there's a dead crow in it. Been marinating for maybe three days in the summer heat and the bird bath is now a guts and maggot soup, kept topped up every night by my watering system.

I have to clean it all up tomorrow, but I really don't want to.

I really cannot stress enough how much I don't want to.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Manager Hoyden posted:

Dump a bag of cheap kitty litter on it first, or spend a few more bucks and get some vomit absorbent for it

That's a good idea, thanks.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
PicPick can be set to open and take a screenshot when you press the printscreen button.

It's been my go-to for years now.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Why does my shower head have a stream coming out almost sideways no matter what I do? And why does it always aim right at my face?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I know that - but why do the streams always point directly at my face? Nowhere else, just right in my eyes.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
loving ebay just limited my account because "For the safety and security of the PayPal network, we still need you to update your details on your PayPal account to continue using your PayPal account."

And tells me to:
  • Click on the notification icon.
  • Update your details.

This is about the tenth email they've sent one of these and every time I go to the site and check the notification icon and every time there's nothing there. So I just go to my account details and look at all my personal and security options and they're all set, nothing is flagged.

So I contact ebay telling them I'm all set and can they please stop limiting my account. They send back "For the safety and security of the PayPal network, we still need you to update your details on your PayPal account to continue using your PayPal account."

:eng99:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Ruffian Price posted:

Change a random thing to something else and back again to get ticked off in the database? :v:

That was my very first though, too. Went and changed every single entry in my "Personal Information" and "Sign in and Security" one after the other. Nada.

Guess I'll just keep sending emails and harassing their help department.

:sigh:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I managed to fix my PayPal account. I'd gone through every option on eBay and PayPal, changed everything, clicked everywhere. Nothing.

So I went to make a small purchase on eBay and a popup told me my account had been limited. I clicked the option in the popup to go to PayPay update my account. Changed nothing and now everything works.

:pseudo:

edit: wording

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 12:59 on Mar 26, 2022

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Pomme de Terror posted:

Looking for a new TV stand/entertainment center and apparently none of the people who design these things have more than one electronic hooked up to their TVs. I think a grand total of one of these units has had more than one small opening in the back for cables to go through. We have like 6 consoles that I want to hook up (mostly old school ones, but still) :mad:

Can you use a hole saw on any of the centres you've been looking at? It's pretty much exactly what they're made for.

Cut out a hole, slip in a cable grommet and you're all sorted, nice and neat.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I'm left-handed so I'm used to pushing my pen across the page.

I just bought a cheapo new pen and its so insanely smooth that its actually difficult to write with it because now I'm pushing against nothing and my letters are sliding all over the place.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Nearly two entire years ago, I found a small screw on the floor in my office at home. I looked under my tables, under my chair, even inside the light fixture in the ceiling to see where it might have come from.

I said, no, I will NOT throw this out because I know that when I do I will find where it came from. So I held onto that tiny mystery screw for over one and a half years. It sat there in the little organiser on my desk, with my pens and other crap, mocking me.

Finally, I decided to throw it out about two months ago because, if I hadn't found where it had come from by now, it couldn't have been that important.

And, of course, you all know where this is going.

I went to move my panel heater tonight and one set of wheels fell off. And when I moved the heater to one side, I found a loving screw just like the one I threw out, sitting on the floor.

Turns out, each set of wheels has two screws holding them in place. One had fallen out two years ago while the other one held valiantly on until tonight.

:sigh:

At least it's not all bad. I had another screw of the right size in one of my parts bins and ground it to length on the sander, so technically the problem's all fixed.

I'm just very annoyed with the universe right now.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I watched a video on a charming old Japanese barber giving someone a haircut and now I am drowning in ASMR videos.

I have blocked over 50 channels today and cleared my history it's still not stopping. From creepy videos where some lady stares into the camera while pretending to comb your hair and breathing heavily into a microphone, to horrifying chiropractic videos where they go apeshit on someone's spine with a wooden mallet.

I always thought youtube was 90% disgusting right wing influencers and AI abominations for children. I was wrong, it's all ASMR and I hate it.

I just wanted a nice video to have on in the background while I cooked tea.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Thanks, will do.

I think removing the original video from my history didn't work because youtube put in a bunch of ASMR poo poo in the 'shorts' category and even immediately scrolling past them counts as watching.

I think I'm all clear now, though.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Atticus_1354 posted:

Who watches youtube shorts?

They're handy as a quick video to see if it might be worth checking out the channel. Usually, for me anyway, they're people making and fixing cool stuff. Which is what I want.

Only, every video you scroll past counts as watched, as far as I can tell. So, when youtube throws a curveball, you can very quickly end up with your curated feed turned to poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Just when I thought I had gotten out, Easter brought back youtube ASMR horrors beyond the ken of us mere mortals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiLnlL5x6rg&t=777s

If anyone needs me, I'll be deleting my youtube account and screaming in my closet for the next week.