Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
My mom came over and made bourbon butter cake, and it turned out kind of messed up, so now I have a bunch of cake that I'm probably not going to eat.

Leavemywife posted:

This isn't the right thread, but I don't know where else to get this out.

I'm really sorry to hear about your troubles, and I hope I don't sound "gtfo"-y when I say that E/N is the perfect forum to vent about stuff like what you're going through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I woke up one minute before my alarm today.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Because that's one extra minute of blissful oblivion they could have been experiencing.

This.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I have six -- SIX -- free Dunkin Donuts drinks that expire before Christmas, and Starbucks has the glorious seasonal chestnut praline latte UNTIL Christmas. So I'm in the position to either let my hard-earned DD rewards expire or use them & have less room in my schedule/stomach for chestnut praline lattes, the best drink ever made.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
One can of cat food keeps my cat sated for approximately 23 hours & 30 minutes. If I put out an additional can, she will not touch it, so for about a half-hour a day, I have to deal with her alternating between whining like she's on the brink of death & trying to grab attention by messing with the only stuff in this entire apartment that I don't want her to mess with. It doesn't sound like a lot, but it sure feels like it.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
My bonus was taxed way more than I thought it would be and I had to rethink my plans for how to spend it.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

HOLY gently caress posted:

I keep accidentally picking the worst times to do laundry and end up having to wait an extra 20 minutes or whatever for a dryer to be free after the wash cycle is done. I know I just need to do it at like 7 am on a Thursday or something but ugh :sigh:

My first world problem is that I can be exactly on time to wash my clothes but by the time they're done, the vast majority of the dryers are taken up so I have to get one of the ones on the bottom row that don't close right or don't get hot enough.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I'm going to Reykjavik on vacation on Friday and I booked a hotel specifically because it had a spa in it and I wanted to splurge, only to discover that there's a brewery all the way across Iceland that has hot tubs filled with beer. So much better than a NORMAL hot tub. :smith:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Seriously, it's the Popeye's chicken sandwich of consoles.

First world problem here: I'm in Reykjavík, and apparently it is impossible to eat at a restaurant that serves Icelandic food between 2 and 6pm today.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
What the gently caress is that ugly poo poo? :psyduck: I hope I never need a new microwave for as long as I live.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I'm so glad it's not just me who sets times like 4:23 or 5:19.

The lower the time, the weirder the numbers get. 15 seconds is too cold, 20 seconds is burnt, 18 seconds is just right.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

cant cook creole bream posted:

I could sort of see this working, if that slider at the front was a sensitive touchscreen you could scroll like a mobile phone.

I disagree. :colbert:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Alan Smithee posted:

I miss buffets :smith:

Saaaaaaame :negative:

Being able to control the carb-protein-vegetable ratio was the greatest freedom.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I just got back from the Faroe Islands and it was a lovely place filled with lovely people, so now there's YET ANOTHER wonderful place abroad that is on my big rear end "must revisit" list.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I don't start my next job until 28th, and I'm so bored.

HOLY gently caress posted:

Flavored seltzer water is helping a little but ugggghhhhhh

That's another first world problem -- the only free beverage in the fridge at my old office was seltzer water, which is gross. :smith:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I'm no sure which one of us you were addressing (probably not me), but I have yet to encounter a flavor that makes seltzer water good, lemon & lime included.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I just received a laptop and it is fantastic. Couldn't have asked for anything better. EXCEPT...it has one, single dead pixel. :geno:

I have a two-year warranty and everything, it's just...ugh. I procrastinated replacing my cracked-screen, barely responsive keyboard, touchpad that randomly jams & stops registering clicks, 4-hour battery life laptop, so why can't I just wait longer for another laptop? But I don't want to. But I feel like I should.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Inzombiac posted:

I currently have to go to the office two days a week. We just got an email from the boss for a mandatory meeting about "The future of working from home."

They're going to take it away. Those fuckers.

So the future of working from home is NOT working from home then. I swear, people completely lose their ability to be straightforward when they're put in positions of power.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Inzombiac posted:

Yeah, the only people wanting to come back are the ones that hate their kids/spouse.
There's literally nothing we need to do in the office.

They want us back for "team building and water cooler moments" but get mad when we are being social.

WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM US?!

I'm childless & single, and tbh I strongly prefer working in an office. The separation of work & home feels more solid that way. :shrug:

What I DO hate is being used to "prove a point" in absurdly skewed/biased statistics that show that every millennial who likes working from home is actually just a lazy rear end in a top hat who needs to be put in their place or whatever.

Panty Saluter posted:

my job just switched us back to 5 day work weeks from 4 days and I haaaaaaaate iiiiiiiitttt

I know I just mentioned the bias of these work-related statistics, but like...aren't there multiple studies from myriad sources about 4-day workweeks being objectively more productive than 5-day ones?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Ruffian Price posted:

:hai:
it's nice to simply leave the laptop at your desk and leave. during mandatory wfh I'd just keep going forever

My last job was entirely remote, without even the option of working in the office since the office was across the country from me, and when I was learning automation stuff (I do QA) I would go over all the time. A proper first world problem: disliking working from home because one likes one's job so much that accidentally doing too much of it is a real possibility. An EXTREME oversimplication, and I'm definitely not trying to put words in your mouth.

quote:

everybody else should be allowed to stay home tho, keep the offices leased for those three people with brainworms per company and all will be well

Indeed. Pro-choice!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
In an effort to be wholesome on April Fool's Day, I might have accidentally posted something too believable on Facebook for the second year in a row. :smith:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I'm thirsty as hell, but I'm too full of food to drink any water. :smith:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Monday is my "ordering in because everything sucks and that makes everything suck less" day but it's raining very hard so I have to make my own food or get takeout. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Goat milk (at least anywhere near I've ever lived) 1) never goes on sale, and 2) doesn't seem to come in sizes bigger than a quart. It's too versatile (or I drink too much of it) to be sold in such small & expensive portions! :mad: