Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Choco1980 posted:

I got a cpap machine for the first time last weekend, and I swear the drat thing is hindering my sleep ability. Significantly. It's uncomfortable and feels like breathing into a balloon. People always say they take adjusting to, or that they hate them. You would think that would clue people in that the ergonomics need retooling...
If it's been five days and you still can't take it, you should probably get the flow rate checked/tweaked for the "into a balloon" part. Also there are different styles of masks and "pillows".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Thin Privilege posted:

The Amazon app defaults to using gift cards and THERE IS NO WAY TO CHANGE IT TO MY AMAZON POINTS CREDIT CARD. I have the premiere card where I get 5% back in real dollars and so, no, I want to use that card to get the points because its a LOT of dollars, and the app doesn't let me change it. I can't click the button, it won't let me. It's either some bug in the app or they are assholes that make me have to go to my computer to use it to be able to chose the right payment method.
Any device with an Amazon app probably also has a browser.

Then your problem would be ugh, to order this the way I want to I have to use a tiny screen.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Jeff Sichoe posted:

lol that is literally stealing and if this happens as much as you say it does, who is taking the cream off the top?
Richard Pryor, iirc.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
You expect your fingerprint to change if you're unconscious?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

starkebn posted:

what if you want to push a pile of omelette crumbs onto your fork?

e: I know, two forks!
What in the holy hell do you think toast is for?????

No wait, don't answer that.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Walmart here has two or three models, tucked under the jewelry counter. Like in watch band territory.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Mu Zeta posted:

The Google Play store tells me I can get 4 free months of Unlimited music streaming. When I click the link it tells me I can get only 2 months.
Your post ended up in me getting four free months (so thanks, and sorry).

Now because of a couple instances of good fortune, I’m currently subscribed to three unlimited music streaming services and have to pick which one to use. *sigh*

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Mu Zeta posted:

Buying movies and shows on Google Play is infuriating because of weird restrictions. Some of them only allow you to watch in HD if viewed on a phone, laptop, or streamed through something like a Chromecast. If I watch in on my desktop, it's only available in standard def. I have a 4k screen, let me loving watch my paid content in HD!
Have you tried that Movies Anywhere thing? Maybe a different playback app would allow HD.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Malachite_Dragon posted:

My understanding is I basically got Tylenol + Codeine.
Well Vicodin is Tylenol + hydrocodone, so it’s fairly similar. Sucks when it doesn’t work, though.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Would you believe they had seven cats though?
Only if I was on my way to St. Ives.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

DizzyBum posted:

I also keep getting spam calls from my area code and prefix, which of course are spoofed robodialers. Why the gently caress don't cell providers let you block wildcards yet? There's nobody important calling me from that area!
Apps will. Hiya in particular has a filter category for “same area code and exchange”

Kind of sucks when you have legitimate infrequent business contacts that fall under that category, but I generally just apologize in advance for the upcoming voicemail phone tag.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Inebriation Retirement Account.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Just scan the item in your Apple Store app. Boom, paid.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

queserasera posted:

Apparently they're going in through one of the leg veins? I have no idea what heart surgery can be done that way, unless it's injecting something, and then it wouldn't be a surgery.
Could be installing a stent. Not sure if that’s the same as catheterization, or if the cath is part of the stent procedure, or what.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

silence_kit posted:

Production probably isn’t dropping by 50% or whatever—maybe it is something like a few percent.
Not for beef. Beef production in April down 21% year on year.

https://www.ers.usda.gov/webdocs/publications/98463/ldp-m-311.pdf?v=3042

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
https://www.amazon.com/Pepsi-Made-Real-Sugar-Count/dp/B00NU5ZZJI

E: whoops went unavailable in the last few minutes. Target and Walmart have it in stock, though.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Are those two paragraphs related?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
In some jobs, taking time off can make your job more difficult when you return.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

C-Euro posted:

Three years of grad school almost completely ruined my ability to take time off guilt-free, or at least to take time off without a good reason to do so. I'll probably just end up taking every Monday off for the rest of the year or something.
Now's a good time to travel!

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Cowslips Warren posted:

I know kids can get into some drat insane poo poo, but if your four year old is literally eating markers and stamps to the point she swallows them, is that normal?
Once or twice? Eh. Habitually? No.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Swing and a miss on that one, opl. Rest up on the long weekend, buddy,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

HOLY gently caress posted:

the only pair of shorts I can find give a kind of "insane train conductor" vibe that I'm not really sure I can pull off right now.
This requires further information.