Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Everyone I know is raving about the new Star Wars trailer and how they just bought their tickets and plan to camp out and I....don't care. I mean the movie looks okay and I am a StarWars fan but I am nowhere near hyped about the movie.

My mom has surgery coming up soon, but I bought the wrong things for her recovery and now have to return a goddamn elevated toilet seat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I need to get a bale of straw to help our tortoises winter over, but I have to take my mom's van for it, and I hate driving her car.

I'm taking my kitten Bug in to get spayed this Wednesday and I am insanely paranoid she won't come out of it for some reason.

I found these awesome plastic piranha skeletons at Target, in their Halloween section, and can't find any more anywhere.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I found a pretty cool Olaf stuffed toy a few months back. The thing is over two feet tall and pretty drat soft. I got it for a friend's kid....only for her to tell me today he HATES Frozen.

Do I give the thing anyway because what four year old can resist a giant snowman plush?

Worrying about what a four year old thinks, who I see once a year. Is that peak FWP or what.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I am pretty much done Xmas shopping and want to wrap everything but that would be stupid. But I got so many awesome wrapping papers from last year's clearance, I want to use them now!

I want a new fish tank. I have room for a 55. I have someone who will sell me a 55. But he also has a 110 gallon that is slightly more expensive. I just can't get that extra foot or so of tank space where I have for the new tank so I will have to get the 55.

My mom's physical therapist does not like cursing, and when he was at the house yesterday I said gently caress. The dude refused to speak to me for the rest of the session.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So over the summer ToysRUs clearanced out some 2 foot plush Olafs. Like $5 and under for these huge things. I bought a lot of them, because all the kids I know/babysit for/friend's kids love loving Frozen. And then I find out that one friend's four year old son HATES snowmen, and two pre-teen girls who know the soundtrack back and front are now "too old" for Frozen.

Goddamnit I bought these super soft toys and now I am at a loss. Do I still give them to the girls because two months ago they loved Frozen?

First world problem, being the aunt who gets you something you used to like and now think is for babies.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

drgnwr1 posted:

Getting some amazing sleep only to have it interrupted by one of my two dog vomiting then not being able to fall back asleep.

My mom woke me in a panic about 930pm last night (I went to bed at 5pm to be up by 1am) screaming that a cat had knocked over one of my snake cages. What she really meant to say was one of HER cats knocked one of my baby snake totes about 30* to the side. So I get up, deal with her, find all the snakes fine, and can't get back to sleep for the next loving 5 hours. I had to call out sick to work because I could barely keep my eyes open at 3am. And now my mom is angry that I'm pissed she woke me for no reason. Or at the very least, she could have MOVED the loving tote back 30* and let me sleep.

Having savings bonds I need to cash and no local bank or credit union will do it.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Avocados posted:

I finally reconnected with my childhood friend on Facebook, but he's a truther now and posts tips on how to defend american homeland :smithcloud:

I reconnected with mine and tried to set up a lunch for us. No reply, but a bit later she posted how she was angry at some retail worker about her dress, and "lady this baby ain't getting any smaller before my wedding!" So I found out she was pregnant and engaged because of a stupid rant. I tried to stay connected but no dice. The final straw was after I sent her kids their second or third birthday gift and realized I had to prompt her until she admitted she got it and thanked me. She had plenty of time to bitch about the "cashier monkeys" because they were too slow/rude/didn't call her maam or compliment her kids but no time for anything else. I don't talk with her anymore.

FWP: my fish are sick and several have been dying without any marks, some with bloody streaks, and only a few with spots today. The fish are all scaleless and medication is going to be impossible and I don't want them to all die.

FWP: we have too much stuff and I am the only one keeping the house clean and after a few days I just can't anymore and it gets worse until the "gently caress I don't care" breaks and I clean it up again.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
My mom and I foster kittens through an animal rescue group that is based of volunteers. Lately some grants came in so now there is a single paid employee. She has no other job, just this.

A new policy came out today: if you need to get your kitten or puppy fixed, you can take it to 1 of 3 locations. The first 2 are open Tuesday through Friday, 7am to 5pm. The third is open Monday through Friday, 7am to 3pm.

So if you work a normal loving job, you're hosed.

When I explained this to the idiot who came up with the schedule, her reply was "just do what others do, call and see if anyone is taking their animals in that day and if you can piggyback on." Yes, that works when many fosters work the same schedule most people do and they live anywhere from 10 to 50 miles away!

Of course you need to have an appt set up almost three weeks in advance. And if you don't get there on time, you lose your appt slot and have to start over. Oh, and 2 of the locations won't take animals with ringworm, the third one does. No, there is not a set drop point for fosters to bring their animals to, so the single paid employee can loving deliver them to the vet.

So I got to pull the "look, I can't take time off work for this poo poo, this is not at all feasible for anyone that works a normal loving job, so we can't foster anymore if this policy is set in stone."

I fully expect to be told "it's set in stone." Then I'll take all their loving volunteer shirts and torch them, sell all our foster condos, and be loving done with this poo poo.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
My friend is being all melodramatic about the new Star Wars and saying he refuses to use any social media till next week to avoid spoilers.

The fact the very second someone left the theater and posted on every Star Wars wikia and the main Wikipedia page means nothing to him. BTW dude, the main spoiler was already revealed in an interview when Ford said he wouldn't play Han Solo again.

I want to tear down my old window blinds and just put up stained glass applicas but I don't know if that will block out people looking in and seeing me.

My friend came out as asexual to me earlier this year, which meant nothing to me on an "OMG!" level because cool, you aren't into physical sex and since I don't want that kind of relationship with you, it doesn't affect me. I'm glad you're comfortable now. But every loving week she's posting some new asexual meme or affirmation how great it is not to be bothered by sex and I see more posts about that than anything else. Even loving Star Wars.

Somebody has a new favorite as of 03:25 on Dec 21, 2015

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
My Service Engine light came on. My car is a 1999 Nissan Altima and she has a bit over 240,000 miles on her. I have maybe 4 grand saved for a new car, and I see one I can totally afford. But....it's a Chevy Cobalt, 2008, and has about 100,000 miles on it. But it's so drat pretty and I can put down over half the cost of the car as a down payment. So the car must be poo poo. :(

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Choco1980 posted:

My son's step-father's family is coming to his house tomorrow so my side of the family did our annual skype while he opens our stuff time tonight. I'm kinda bummed that at 8 he doesn't go out of his mind with joy at even the big things but instead just smiles and assures me he's excited and thanks us very much. :sigh:

It was probably 4 years ago, but my niece and I were at the store, and I saw some EasyBake mixtures that were on sale. Niece had gotten an EasyBake for her birthday, so I played dumb and asked her what was good, because the kids I babysit were getting an EasyBake for Xmas and I wanted to get them some mixtures. She, being all adult at 7, loudly said she hoped I wasn't buying them for HER (she'd heard this story before, it seems) because she, having dyslexia, remembers everything. So she said. But she picked out her favorites and I bought them and put them away.

Come Xmas time I gave her those same items that she, of course, had forgotten about. But I will never forget the screams when she tore open the box. She was so goddamn excited she -ran away- from her pile of presents, to pull out her EasyBake and started to set it up to make her goodies. Her parents had to call her BACK to open the rest of her presents. And it was clear she was just tearing through them asap to get back to making her EasyBake cookies.

Now I don't see her at the holidays much so I miss all the screams and excitement, but I did get to give an old friend's 5 year old his birthday present late. Kid loves owls. So I picked up some clearanced Claire's beanie baby owls from Halloween, huge ones, and some other owl thing. The kid flipped the gently caress out, even though he already had the very same owls. None of the "I already got this one!" This kid kept screaming he had more 'hoothoots' and spent the next hour or so making them wrestle and fight.

This year was the year of the giant stuffed Olaf. I sent one to my nephew, one to a friend's kid (the snowman is about as tall as this toddler), and a few to people at work's kids. I don't have any of my own but kids being excited about presents is really awesome and puts me in the holiday mood.

I think my best gift so far is my nephew asking me if I would be his godmother too. He was pretty shy about it but it was awesome too.

poo poo, FWP. It's too cold in the house for my ice cream to thaw enough to cut out of the container to eat.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
My 8 year old nephew, who got a Xbox or PS4 for Xmas, got a huge stuffed Olaf from me. According to my dad, he has carried that thing around EVERYWHERE today and loving loves it. I almost didn't give him one because I thought he was too 'grown up' for a huge Olaf. Which makes me think that all the grief I had about giving another to a friend's kid was for nothing, because I'm sure even a 5 year old who hated Frozen would love a stuffed snowman as big as him. Ah well, he got K'Nex instead.

I didn't get to see any cool pictures on Facebook from my other niece and nephews about their gifts.

I have to take my 1999 Nissan Altima in to the shop tomorrow because the Check Engine light came on, and I am scared shitless the repair will be more than the car is worth, and I have emissions due next April.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I don't want to go in to work today but I'm bored at home. Work it is!

I went to get the Check Engine Light checked out and the mechanic didn't open on time.

I really miss walking out in the house, flicking on the Xmas lights, and having the living room with these small bright flashing lights. Maybe I need to go pick up some Xmas lights on clearance now to tacky up the room again.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
It's New Year's Day, the places I need to go to are closed today so I have to run all my errands tomorrow.

I am really stupid bored; my friend has to work, I'm off work, and I already finished my binge watching of MadMen.

I took down my blinds because they were gross and old and broken, and put up some nice window clings that block out where anyone can see in, but now my room is very well lit.

I don't know if my nieces and my other nephew really liked their Xmas gifts; if they don't say they didn't, then I'll get them something similar next year and I don't want to be the suck aunt that keeps getting them dolphin poo poo when they really don't like dolphins. I wish it was more culturally appropriate to say when you like the thought of the gift but not the gift itself.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Choco1980 posted:

Have you talked to the local post office? Cause signing your name on things falsely sounds an awful lot like Mail Fraud to me...

Yeah I would lose my job if I did that.

I spent about $100 today on fish medication that may or may not save my fish.

I got a Facebook birthday notification of an upcoming birthday for a friend who died about 5 years ago.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
My mom is finally back at work after 3 months disability for her knee surgery. But she hates her job and comes home every day screaming about how much she hates the people she works with and how they all have cliques and no one talks to her.

I ordered a new laptop bag because my year old backpack is torn. I should have saved the money but the bag is a targus and looks nice!

My dog has valley fever and it's settled into her bone.

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 00:53 on Jan 22, 2016

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
My mom has mostly recovered from knee surgery but still can't do a lot. So when she said "we have to pull weeds this weekend," she means Cowslips has to pull weeds. So I did the entire yard yesterday. She didn't notice.

My friend has no time to hang out but has plenty of time to post The Best of Tumblr all over Facebook. Oh, and poo poo about being asexual and how no one understands how she is gray-rainbow-asexual.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Just did my taxes, and thankfully before I submitted them, I found a place I didn't fill out proper. So I fixed it and everything looks good. But now I'm paranoid I hosed up somewhere else and will get audited and please I make peanuts!

Finally finished MadMen. What a waste of an ending. Now I don't know what other series to watch.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Whyyyyy did I read the comments. You never read the comments! But I did, about how Amy Winehouse was a cultural icon and her death was tragic and then the storm went full force when someone posted that no, Winehouse was a druggie whose death brought her some degree of fame, and the Kardashians are icons.

Suck as that is, it's right.

My windshield crack is now getting larger.

I looked into getting a new used car because mine is almost 20 years old, and everything is pricy as gently caress. I actually found a Saturn with less than 50k miles on it....that is a 1994. I could pay cash for the entire thing and walk off. But it's ancient and I can't find a decent review.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So my fish club puts on a yearly expo with an auction or two, and guest speakers, and a raffle. It's a huge all day event, and I'm in charge of all the printing and marketing. So I post all kinds of stuff everywhere and so far we are near 100 attendees. Now, part of the reason we push for registration before you show up is so we have a nice list of attendees, and also to account for all the soda and water we'll need...and how many dinners. We provide a free dinner for everyone who registers beforehand but we never ever advertise this, or we'd get people to show up just for the free dinner and not support the event at all. It's happened in the past.

Today I posted the schedule on a local fish website, and some slackjawed rear end in a top hat decided to reply and tell everyone how great the event is and how awesome it is and IF YOU REGISTER BEFORE THE EVENT YOU GET A FREE DINNER! LAST YEAR IT WAS AN AWESOME CATERER AND THE YEAR BEFORE THAT IT WAS A FREE BUFFET SO REGISTER EARLY.

I had to email the rear end in a top hat, who is NOT a member of the event and doesn't help run it, not to blab about all the free poo poo you get if you register early, because this year we in fact do NOT have a buffet or catering, it's pizza, because the event is free, but rent for the building space doubled. So we had to cut back somewhere. And don't loving say we give a free dinner, we have had people show up in previous years just for the dinner, and then leave. Seriously if your only reason to go to a convention is for the loving food, go to McDonalds and don't make me waste time making your attendance packet.

I bothered one of my pythons when he was feeding, so he threw up half the mouse he had already gotten down, and now probably won't finish his meal.

I don't know any of my neighbors. A work friend keeps bitching that all his neighbors want to be friends with him and the rest of the neighborhood has BBQs every month and he hates them all and wishes he could fence off his entire cul-de-sac and buy up all the houses on it so no one can bother him. I'm slightly envious but then I wonder if maybe all his neighbors are assholes. No. No he probably is the rear end in a top hat.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
No, that's the betta club.

It's an aquarium keepers club. Like how D&D guys have their meets, we have a fish club. Sell fish, do talks about breeding fish, etc.

The dude did fix his post and passive-aggressively mentioned that he didn't see anything wrong with "enticing people to come with a free meal."

On another hand, I have gotten close to a dozen emails since registration started with people asking me if this rare fish or this certain animal will be there. See they really really want this rare fish or purple shrimp and don't want to come if the animal isn't there, don't want to waste a day off and really the event is ALL DAY what if the animal isn't there. I've posted on every site as well that every fish that comes in for the raffle or auction is a DONATION. We do have a donation form for people but literally until we unpack the box, we have no idea what is in it. Comparison would be like going to a small free comic-con and looking for the first ever issues of the Green Lantern. And wanting just that. And since no vendor has a complete stock list, you can't be sure if anyone has it. Of course, you could always BUY what you are looking for from a certain seller online or a local store, but like with comics, people don't want to pay sight unseen or pay for shipping or dealing with all the issues of shipping live animals.

gently caress, a few years ago we had a huge box of donations of rare fish that all came in dead. If we published a list with them included as being in the auction, people showing up for them would be pretty pissed the fish weren't there.

Still this is nothing compared to the local cichlid club, where they got thrown out of a local VFW meeting place for getting drunk and then into loud fistfights.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Is Comcast the same as Cox? I swear their loving help desk is always about sending another tech out to get you a new box or something when they could just reset the thing from the phone.

Am I not being supportive if I am getting sick of my friend posting nothing but "asexual awareness" poo poo on Facebook? Every day she has two or three more "inspiring" pictures about how straights and gays only want to gently caress nonstop while asexuals have a deep connection to everything. Like, if a hot girl walks by, a straight man and a lesbian will start saying how much they want to gently caress her raw, while the asexual will say how she likes the girl's shoes. I get it, you're asexual, I'm a lesbian, but I don't post nonstop about how great it is not to be a breeder or anything like that. Then again I've been out for a decade and she just came out last year, and has Facebook on the ready, so everyone has to know how awesome it is not being sexually attracted to anything. But she's also gray-asexual so she is attracted sexually to people she knows? How is that a thing? Are there red-asexuals who only want to bang people with red hair?

My dog's valley fever pain pills don't seem to be doing poo poo for her.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Roro posted:

I thought pansexuals were only sexually attracted to people they knew. gently caress, this is all so needlessly complicated.

I thought pansexuals were attracted to fauns? Or is it cookware?

No, I think they are attracted to everyone? Of legal age, I loving hope.

Radio shockjock was on the work radio this morning whining that if your wife is on her period, her "mouth and rear end work just fine" so her husband should never have to go a day without sex. Oh, and poo poo like cancer doesn't have a cure yet because men invented pills to take care of cramps so women, stop bitching and act like the proper wife, happy to sexually please her husband, or he should be able to go get it elsewhere!

I wish men who think like this could experience a loving period. Mine is a few days of not being able to eat, horrible cramps, and wanting to just wear a diaper because sometimes the flow is so heavy it can soak through a normal pad. gently caress, if a guy's dick bled for a straight week and his balls kept cramping, think he'd be up for sex?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

Trump is doing too well.
I'm starting to get genuinely worried.

I know a lot of people who want him to win just to, and I quote, "see the end of the world." As in they might not like his policies but they will vote for him for shits and giggles.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Mikl posted:

A girl I'm interested in likes Wolverine better than Cap :negative:

Could be worse. Could be Hawkeye.

The area near my left shoulder and collarbone has been hurting like a bitch lately. Sometimes it's fine, other times it is almost agony.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Jesus tittyfucking Christ, that read like some FGM poo poo.

Am searching for used cars and every loving dealer has the PLEASE CALL instead of a price listed. WHY is this a thing?

Then I reread that post and never ever want to go to the doctor again. #iwilldiefromthis

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

AlphaKretin posted:

There was a spider in the shower. :gonk::australia:

An Australian spider is not a first world problem. That is a KILL IT WITH FIRE fourth world problem!

My car's check engine light came on again, so while I was at the mechanic, I was looking online and saw what I figured was a decent used car. 10 years old, had 144k miles on it, under 3grand. Same kind as my car, which has about 245k on it. But I'd already signed off on the drat repairs to my car, which was about $400 because I was paranoid that the other car would have worse poo poo wrong with it and right now it's a sunk cost analogy in the works.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Every afternoon between 5 and 6 my neighbor uses a blower to blast every trace of leaf and litter from his driveway and into the street. And then further down the street. He literally uses the power blower for 20 minutes at a time, a small break, then back to it. If I couldn't look out the window and see him doing it, I'd think he was loving the stupid thing.

Our big convention is this Saturday, registration closed Tuesday night, and I keep getting people wanting to register their family and friends and more friends NOW and get pissy when I said they can sign up at the door but get none of the early reg stuff. Dude, I've been promoting this poo poo for three months, they had plenty of time!

Motherfucking Ontrac says they delivered my box from Amazon but poo poo ain't here and the hide-spot to put boxes is empty. So it isn't here. The last time the chucklefucks did this they left my $30 box a mile away and the dude there was cool enough to drive it over to me.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Crow Jane posted:

I have Prime and am near an Amazon distribution center, so I get free same day shipment on most things. On days when I order something, I basically get nothing done because I'm F5-ing all day to see if it's arrived yet. To be fair, a couple people in my neighborhood have had packages stolen off their porches, so it's not entirely without reason, but I always feel guilty for spending a whole day watching a bar advance slowly across my computer screen.

Depending on where you live and work this may or may not apply, but I have all sign-for boxes sent to my work, or to the local Fedex (or UPS etc) held there instead. Someone has to sign for it, and unless your mailroom hates you, the box should get to you easily.

My left shoulder really loving hurts...but only at work. At home, after work, it hurts a lot, but over the weekend when I took some time off, it felt fine. Until I got out of the car at work a few days later. WTF, shoulder? Is this a real pain or one of those stress-imaginary ones?

I don't know when I get to transfer from my 45-min commute to my 10 minute one and after vacation, it's made me realize just how loving long I am in the car to and from work.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I can't have my ipod on in the work van so radio only. It is so loving stupid to hear the same goddamn ads on every loving station. DON'T SELL YOUR HOME, RENT IT WITH RENTER'S WAREHOUSE! I DID THE HCG CHALLENGE AT RED MOUNTAIN WEIGHT LOSS AND AM DOWN 20 POUNDS IN 2 WEEKS! BUY YOUR DIAMONDS AT THE SHANE COMPANY!

Every single station has the same ads, just read by different djs.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
It's 2pm on a Sunday and it's too hot to go for a walk. My friend has the flu so we can't hang out, and the hot wings I had for lunch were disappointing and slimy.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
My mom likes to drag out stories and will not get to the loving point.

Also I have been in charge of the daily "safety emails" for two months now. I am sick of it. I keep telling my boss to give the task to someone else and he shrugs it off. To add to it, every time a new person is hired they need to be on the list, but we have 2 or 4 D Harveys and every one needs their own email (which is your name) so every one has some stupid mark in the center. So there's a D_harvey, a d____harvey, a D Harvey, etc. Outlook keeps showing them as errors so I have to manually type them up every loving time. I think tomorrow i'll email the group en masse and tell them it's someone else's turn so have fun!

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 00:41 on Apr 12, 2016

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

YeahTubaMike posted:

It's a nice day and I'm well-rested, so I feel vaguely obligated to go out and do something, but I can't figure out what.

Same here. It's loving gorgeous out and I wish my bike was fixed so I could go for a nice long ride. I do walks every night, maybe I'll take a longer one than usual today.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Kitten pooped on the rug right before I left for work, and I stepped in it. I only realized this once I got to the car and realized something smelled like poo poo. Kitten took off when I came back in the house. Right now same kitten is hiding because she pissed on another throw rug. The litter boxes are all clean. She got a clean vet check. I have no idea wtf her issue is, unless one of the others is bullying her when we aren't home.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
My boss has no set date for my transfer. I am, in every sense of the word otherwise, transferred to my new store already. I have been for three months according to payroll and every system there is. Save the fact I still report to the center 35 miles away every loving day and not the one almost walking distance.

The pool filter broke and there's a leak in the water pipes so I drained the pool to prevent mosquito outbreaks. Now we have this empty pit in the backyard and I want to turn it into a garden but I doubt anything I do will turn out okay.

I am also trying to grow grass on the other side of the yard, but nothing I do is working. I either overwater or don't water enough.

Maybe I just need to hire a loving landscaper.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to a fundraiser tonight for two girls I used to babysit. One of them turned 13 last December. I started watching them when that kid was 2. I used to see them every week for many years and helped with all their birthdays until last year, but time passes and now I see them maybe once a year around Christmas time. Not that a teenager needs a babysitter but it made me realize just how fast time goes.

We have five foster kittens and they are so cute but one of them is barely over half a pound and is a bottle baby in everything but name and age. I'm worried because he is smaller than the others and even they are eating gruel food. All of them are super active at least.

One of my old Facebook friends has turned pretty drat liberterian and wants Trump to win, just so he can watch the world burn down. He's been very vocal in support of everything Trump says and does and the poo poo his mooks do (the tow truck driver refusing to help a Sanders supporter being top of the list) just because he loves the idea of chaos overtaking and making people miserable. Because then something something free market?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I just found this new bread that taste so drat awesome and it's really filling. You don't even need to make it a sandwich, just a little honey even and it is a perfect dessert. Now I'm afraid if I read the ingredients, despite it having no HFCS it will have a poo poo ton of sodium or something bad.

Our foster kittens are loving adorable but messy as hell and constantly have to be cleaned because they run through the litter boxes and get poo poo all over them. I have to bathe them once a day or so, and then I lay down with the group for playtime and another one runs up to me with poo poo all over his feet.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I too crave Chipotle, but my lovely little town only has exactly one and my ex frequents it, and I don't feel like dealing with that awkwardness :effort:

I had a coupon for a free burrito at Chipotle so went last week. Well, for a burrito or wrap or salad, pretty much anything. I asked if a quesadilla would be possible and the girl asked, then told me no. Wait, couldn't you just make a burrito with loving cheese and meat and put it in the tortilla warmer? No? gently caress that then. I gave the coupon away and went somewhere else.

Turns out the kittens are sick with guardia. So they need meds every day and need baths as well. Kittens should not need baths every day.

I can't tell if I am stupid hungry or my cramps are bad enough that I think I need to eat something. Being a girl sucks.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Crow Jane posted:

I rolled my eyes so hard at this I think they're stuck now, which I guess is a first world problem. I've never been to a Chipotle that didn't have a line out the door, and you're asking them to hold everything up to make you something that isn't on the menu, and that you're not paying for anyway, and then storming out when you don't get your way? Good lord.

Actually quesadillas are on the menu, at least at the stores I've been to in Phoenix. It was on the menu at this store. Maybe it's a press, I don't know, but every other time they fold the thing in foil then throw it in what I assume is the warmer to crisp it shut. No, I didn't cause a scene, I said no thanks, passed the coupon to the next person, and left. Didn't pull the usual customer screaming thing because, amazingly, lots of us have worked in food service before. I was just kinda surprised the answer was a blunt "No" and then the girl just stared at me as if she was waiting for the explosion. She was denied it.

Oddly enough this was the first Chipotle I'd been to that only had a line of three people. The parking lot was empty. Probably because it was at the far end of a strip mall and there were no other stores around it. And besides, the initial plan was to buy a drat drink and some chips because that was my lunch, and who goes to Chipotle for takeout?

Is this a better FWP? Being in line in a fastfood place and the line is long, and finally the person ahead of you, who has been waiting about 10 minutes (at least as long as you have been) gets to the register with her three kids and asks them what they want. The kids argue, two of them want kids meals, one wants a extra large chicken sandwich with a sundae, now all three want sundaes, now all three are getting kids meals that they see the toys, but none of them want applejuice, two want soda, one wants chocolate milk, now they all want it, and I'm standing there wondering who the gently caress takes kids out to eat, waits in line with them for ten minutes and then AND ONLY THEN ASKS WHAT THEY WANT TO EAT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

So her first world problem was too first world for you picky motherfuckers? Jesus.

The FWP are coming from inside the thread!

New one. Years ago my friend's wife friended me on Facebook. They have since divorced but she never took me off the list. I barely notice her posts at all (they tend to be the usual BooHoo No One Loves Me! or the *SIGH* Hard day.... ones where she is fishing for compliments or people wanting to know how she is) but my friend isn't on her page anymore. So tonight he asked me to start trolling her page and posting up poo poo like "Maybe this wouldn't have happened if you didn't cheat on your husband" poo poo. I told him no. Now he's being a whiner about me not having guts and being a chicken. No, dude, this isn't my loving dog in the fight, and it's creeoy!

I found some cheap baby blankets at a store we can use for our foster kittens and should have bought more, but I don't want to go back to the store tomorrow just to get more because the place is horrible to get to and has two, loving TWO drive-thru coffee places where the lines cut through the parking lot.