Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Hopper posted:

That Jesus was white...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Quickscope420dad posted:

Petition to add this poo poo to Hell thread

let me think about it
hmmmm

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013
Amerika is founded on Christianity. That's right, Jesus got here first, fuckers.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
atheists secretly know christianity is the only truth but deny it out of resentment

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

People only pretend to be atheists because they're angry that mommy and daddy made them go to church and they want the scientists in white coats to save them.

When other faiths are embroiled in scandal it's because they are false religions ruled by Satan. When my faith is hit by scandal it proves that it is the One True Faith and Satan is attacking it because he is scared of it.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Christians want to send all the gay people to hell but like who's gonna decorate heaven? Gonna look like poo poo lmao

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

Quickscope420dad posted:

Petition to add this poo poo to Hell thread

petition to gently caress your whore mother

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
~That B.J. Armstrong was a legitimate NBA All-Star and didn't just get there because of Michael Jordan's coattails

~That LEGO was best when it only had basic and the three (Castle, Town, Space) themed sets.

~That despite their calorie and fat content, Fig Newton's are substantially more healthy than Oreos because they contain fruit.

~That the Mississippi, counting as the Missouri-Mississippi system, is actually longer than the Nile

~That wearing mismatched socks, even if they are only barely mismatching, and no one can see, is something that people shouldn't do

~That Pierre is the capital of North Dakota and Bismarck is the capital of South Dakota

~That ear buds are a way to transmit infection

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

glowing-fish posted:

~That B.J. Armstrong was a legitimate NBA All-Star and didn't just get there because of Michael Jordan's coattails

Hey, gently caress you buddy.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

OctoberBlues posted:

:hfive:

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

OctoberBlues posted:

I didn't say this was an incorrect belief, did I?

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

glowing-fish posted:

It's a sure way to get ear herpes.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVmRui1oFF0

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
atheism is fairly loving epic

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy
It all pretty much boils down to the just world fallacy and how anything that happens is the will of God.

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather
that people are responsible for their actions and retributive punishment can truly be justified

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
why doesnt that kid just start believing in god again
i change what i believe is the absolute and eternal truth like flipping a light switch or alternating my sexual orientation to blend in with my surroundings

right now i believe there is no god as the absolute and eternal truth and might think about how the universe was created
and now i think theres a god who made the universe as the absolute and eternal truth and might think about what created god but at least i got that universe-creating problem totally solved airtight and didnt just pointlessly trade 1 problem for 1 that is identical except for being more convoluted
and now im not really sure by which the lack of belief does make me an atheist again

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Feb 8, 2015

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

Christians want to send all the gay people to hell but like who's gonna decorate heaven? Gonna look like poo poo lmao

Without gays in heaven entertainment in heaven is pretty poo poo and the angels all sing out of key. Also no one is able to organise a wedding.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
theres plenty of entertainment without gays
in the 80s there were only 3 actors in hollywood (stallone schwarzenneger van damme) and times were never better

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

gary oldmans diary posted:

theres plenty of entertainment without gays
in the 80s there were only 3 actors in hollywood (stallone schwarzenneger van damme) and times were never better

you just named 3 gay guys

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

plain blue jacket posted:

Without gays in heaven entertainment in heaven is pretty poo poo and the angels all sing out of key. Also no one is able to organise a wedding.

If you can get married in heaven can you get divorced as well?

Pyramid Scheme
May 21, 2007

If God tells you to kill your son, you should do it

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather

Pyramid Scheme posted:

This is true tho

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Tsinava posted:

A lot of people believe that Exodus is historically accurate and not a giant passive aggressive lie.

there are some interesting parallels between the exodus story and Akhenaten, a pharaoh in the 1300s BC who tried to turn egypt monotheistic, including disbanding all of the (rich and powerful) priesthoods to other egyptian deities. After his death his whole family, priesthood and followers were presumably killed/exiled, his city was abandoned, and the whole incident was so thoroughly purged from history that it was entirely forgotten until the ruins of his city and his tomb were discovered in the 1800s. In addition to monotheism/mass exile there are some similarities between early psalms and writings in his tomb, and stuff like that. Given that his successors were quite thorough at deleting the whole incident from the historical record it's all really speculative but it's fun to think about

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Pyramid Scheme posted:

It's only divinely inspired if you stop at the last minute. If you go through with it then you're just a murderer.

At least that was my defense when they caught me fake sacrificing kids at Sunday school. Did you know people can get quite upset when your argument is that Abraham did it first?

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Stottie Kyek posted:

dicks are so magical that once you've had one, it fundamentally changes who you are as a person

Ummmmmm well to be honest I agree with this based on my personal experience

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

The J-man's got a great sense of humour.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

glowing-fish posted:

~That LEGO was best when it only had basic and the three (Castle, Town, Space) themed sets.

~That despite their calorie and fat content, Fig Newton's are substantially more healthy than Oreos because they contain fruit.

~That the Mississippi, counting as the Missouri-Mississippi system, is actually longer than the Nile

~That wearing mismatched socks, even if they are only barely mismatching, and no one can see, is something that people shouldn't do

~That Pierre is the capital of North Dakota and Bismarck is the capital of South Dakota

gently caress yeah, everyone forgets about the Beatitudes! You forgot the 8th one though;

~Amendment to #2: Pirate LEGO is the best of all LEGO

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Stephen Colbert, noted funnyman and jesus lover posted:

I believe in God the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord.
He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.
Under Pontius Pilate, He was crucified, died, and was buried.
He descended to the dead. On the third day he rose again.
He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
The holy catholic Church, the communion of saints,
The forgiveness of sins,
The resurrection of the body,
And the life everlasting.
Amen.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
jesus lovers love trying to drag down other jesus lovers so they dont feel singled out
shameful black bones shameful

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

I'm sorry your brother is probably involved with child rape, gary oldmans diary, thats hosed up. Maybe keep an eye on him?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the appropriate response again:

gary oldmans diary posted:

jesus lovers love trying to drag down other jesus lovers so they dont feel singled out
shameful black bones shameful

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

that it would even be a good thing if god (or ANY god) exists, an actual all powerful genocidal hate beast who demands you love him enough to kill your kids, makes up crazy rules about everything and then lets you kill more people to get out of them, that is actually to blame for every horrible moment of the last 300 million years of biology. a being with so much power and so little empathy, who delivers an eternity in a dehumanising passionless prison for believers and eternity in a excruciating insanity for the rest, who creates a minefield and forces children to walk on it, claiming they can do none else despite claiming omnipotence because he lacks the moral compass of the most corrupt cop

that is some stupid poo poo right there

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

When you belong to what has been the largest religion in the world for like, hundreds years, it's honestly kinda hard to feel singled out.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Black Bones posted:

When you belong to what has been the largest religion in the world for like, hundreds years, it's honestly kinda hard to feel singled out.

Christians are the most persecuted minority in the world right now

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

glowing-fish posted:

Black Bones posted:

~Amendment to #2: Pirate LEGO is the best of all LEGO
WHAT THE gently caress??!!

SPACE LEGO ONLY LEGO!

THIS IS BULLSHIT!!!!!!

(Edit: I'm agnostic.)

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Feb 9, 2015

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
That's it, I'm changing my name to AUTISM SYRUP.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

The best time was when I combined my space lego and pirate lego and invaded the castle lego. Epic poo poo went down in that play room, which had red shag carpet which is quite dangerous for legos really. Ah memories.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
it's ok to lie to the police so long as you do it to show how dangerous those niggers are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Boring, humorless old GBS is back, baby! :toot:

• Locked thread