Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Hail Satan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
My pastor explains it this way: God is omnipresent and knows everything beforehand. Satan can only be in one place at a time and therefore uses his demons in sort of a relay fashion. The demons don't know BEFOREhand what we are going to do or what we are thinking, but after the fact, they can relay messages to satan within nanoseconds. 

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Like i said before God cannot be proven with science. Pluse God has been proven several times in the bible.

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the input, Jeff!
enough Christians still believe in Peter Popoff that he continues to be a mega millionaire after being exposed as a fraud and con-man a hundred times

all the proof one needs to confirm that an embarrassing percentage of religious types are categorically unintelligent

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
[Question about the logic in light being created on the first day, but the sun being created on the fourth.] 

The sun isn't the only source of light you know? Think of a cloudly day, there's light coming from somewhere.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Did you know that all bulls are males? How can these bulls mate to have more bulls? It's your funeral evolutionists. Admit evolution is a pathetic fantasy created by scientists because they can't accept God.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
There are many evangelical Christians who are going back to letting God control their family size, we may be one of them... 

God told us to go forth and multiply and told us that HE opened and closed the womb and that children are a blessing from Him. Sounds like He is pretty pro family... 

If we took all the people in the world and put them together they could all fit in the State of Michigan in a 3 foot by 3 foot square. There is no need for population control.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Always go to God before the Doctor, then and only then we know if it is allowed to remain that God has allowed such a thing to exist. Sickness is from sin and the fall on all men. But through Jesus Christ we are all healed but we have not necessarily been given that healing in our present bodies. We still die. 

We do know this. All healing is from God. But God does not always heal our current bodies. In all things Trust God.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
humans are made in Gods image and humans have authority over all animals. (no other animal is made in God's image)

That makes humans non-animals. See?...Read Genesis sometime -- it's much more reliable than a dictionary.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Volume be staying true to his name

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Jesus WASN'T Italian or French or British or Thai or a Metrosexual, NO He was American. THAT'S WHY AMERICA IS UNDER GOD!!!

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
God told the Israelites when they moved into the land to wipe out everybody, to spare no one, not even their cattle. Why did he do that? I don't know. That's God's call. In that case, genocide was obviously the right thing to do, because God commanded it.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Volume posted:

Jesus WASN'T Italian or French or British or Thai or a Metrosexual, NO He was American. THAT'S WHY AMERICA IS UNDER GOD!!!

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
This just doesn't hold water. How dare anyone question why and when and whom and how God gave his plan. ( the bible)

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Volume posted:

words to live by

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Didn't some Texas governor on being requested bilingual text books say that English was good enough for Jesus so it was good enough for Latinos?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Crowsbeak posted:

Didn't some Texas governor on being requested bilingual text books say that English was good enough for Jesus so it was good enough for Latinos?

Martin Luther did nothing wrong

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

German is the true Christian language after all

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

A D&D poster posted:

So then he started praying aloud asking God to be present with us. We said an Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory be together and then he eventually began speaking in tongues with his eyes closed. He had his hand up pointing towards my head like he was praying over me in tongues. I've heard Christians "speak in tongues" before and it just sounded like random gibberish. But his tongues were a beautiful language. It was similar to french but even more sweet sounding in some way. Very pleasing to the ear.

After about five minutes of this he stopped and opened his eyes and kind of like appeared to be waking up from a trance and then he started saying things. I'm not going to tell you exactly what he said but he knew some very specific extremely important secrets about me and how they had affected my life. The things he knew weren't general or vague like a horoscope they were specific and meaningful. It was as specific as "Where you in your early teenage years selling drugs?" When the answer was yes. That's just an example. He didn't actually say that to me.. It was all spoken about and presented in the most gentle and loving manner. He didn't say many things but what he did focus on was the most vital and important things in my life that he absolutely couldn't have known about. It was a supernatural event.

After we were done he took me back the the chapel and took the other two people to pray with him in that room one by one. Then when we were done he insisted that Tom and I stay there at the friary with him rather than all 3 of us sharing a hotel room as we had planned. Because there was a girl with us Father was very against that idea. We agreed and stayed the night with them in the friary and participated in their numerous prayer times. The girlfriend stayed in the hotel alone because a girl couldn't stay the night at the friary.

Both Tom and his girlfriend told me that he knew specific important private things about them as well. They were awe struct by what he told them. It had been a miracle with all three of us. For example he knew that Tom's girlfriend had been struggling with bulimia. Neither I nor Tom had known this before but she shared it with us because she was so awe struck by Father knowing it when she had hid it from everyone in the world.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
It's a long story, but at one point in my life I ended up being the only white guy in a black Pentecostal church service that lasted like 4 hours, with at least an hour of it involving speaking in tongue. It was probably the singular most uncomfortable weird as gently caress situation I've ever been involved in.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

this thread is a good reminder that:

a) people are as stupid, if not stupider than the most conservative muslims

b) these people have roles in government and even go as far as ruling what children are being taught in public education

b) if current or future generations don't do much, it'll stay the same and most likely get worse

can't wait until they die off. the big problem is: the longevity of life continues to increase and the way gen x is ending up, it doesn't sound too good

gawd bless americah

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
sorry friend but the non religious are gonna die off in a generation if the current demographic trends continue

#childfree

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

nawcom posted:

this thread is a good reminder that:

a) people are as stupid, if not stupider than the most conservative muslims

b) these people have roles in government and even go as far as ruling what children are being taught in public education

b) if current or future generations don't do much, it'll stay the same and most likely get worse

can't wait until they die off. the big problem is: the longevity of life continues to increase and the way gen x is ending up, it doesn't sound too good

gawd bless americah

you could sum it up more succinctly and say religion (especially abrahamic) is a cancer on humanity and provides no real positive benefits to society at all

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

It's a long story, but at one point in my life I ended up being the only white guy in a black Pentecostal church service that lasted like 4 hours, with at least an hour of it involving speaking in tongue. It was probably the singular most uncomfortable weird as gently caress situation I've ever been involved in.

a particularly hard bender?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

you could sum it up more succinctly and say religion (especially abrahamic) is a cancer on humanity and provides no real positive benefits to society at all

I would argue the architecture is p sweet but it's kind of a moot point because all the modern churches are postmodernist trash too

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

a particularly hard bender?

Worse, I was invited, and the dude that invited me was really nice and I couldn't say no. He also outranked me in the military and gave me car rides.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Worse, I was invited, and the dude that invited me was really nice and I couldn't say no. He also outranked me in the military and gave me car rides.

practically blackmail imo

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

practically blackmail imo

yeah basically, but it was worth not walking around for 10 weeks in fort leonard wood. It was neat in sociological kind of way though. It definitely impressed me in a lot of ways, though not the way I think the church guy would have hoped.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Volume posted:

[Question about the logic in light being created on the first day, but the sun being created on the fourth.] 

The sun isn't the only source of light you know? Think of a cloudly day, there's light coming from somewhere.

Does anybody on whatever forums these are taken from take the people who say stuff like this to task at all? Or do they just let each other be stupid and ignorant in peace, even when it would be in their interest to not let each other be dazzlingly wrong about something obvious?

I'm trying to imagine how people like this are capable of running a phpBB

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Data Graham posted:

Does anybody on whatever forums these are taken from take the people who say stuff like this to task at all? Or do they just let each other be stupid and ignorant in peace, even when it would be in their interest to not let each other be dazzlingly wrong about something obvious?

I'm trying to imagine how people like this are capable of running a phpBB

you don't have to be part of the club to get paid to design their website

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
A "girly-man" hairstyle is a guy with long hair, which the Bible says is wrong.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
i get so angry reading blogs like this. atheist should not be considered american citizens. they have no moral compass and refuse to accept our creator!!! 

you should be PROUD to be AMERICAN and not living in a country like europe or china not having the same freedoms like we do. we are the most advanced country and best country in the WORLD and its because we are the only TRUE CHRISTIAN NATION left in the world. 

JESUS CHRIST IN HEAVEN please take this man to your heart and show him that his sinful life is NOT NEEDED and he can live in LOVE and show RESPECT to the nation that allows him to write garbage like this. 

a REAL american is a CHRISTIAN american,if it does not suit you,perhaps you should try living in EUROPE and see how much freedom you get there. 

God Bless America

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

mdm posted:

why are you doing this

because the founding father liked the mussleman

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
if your not a Christian then you are not human.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Volume posted:

if your not a Christian then you are not human.

the founding fathers did not believe that

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
It is not religion. It is truth. So therefore you don't need proof for the bible.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
And please, please, please never mind the idea that somehow dating is something that has to be done in order to know yourself, much less meet the man of your dreams. The Bible will tell you everything you need to understand about yourself; you're a helpless sinner in need of a Savior--that's who you are.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Although I knew and expected that this was a worldly monster movie, I am still saddened by the complete lack of any refernce to God in this movie--aside from the misuse of our Lord's name. The characters never experienced any kind of repentence or questioning of their life or faith, which is still usually seen, if only in a watered-down, desperate way. I do not think this movie would be enjoyed by anybody with a Judeo-Christian worldview, as there is absolutely no reference to a Judeo-Christian worldview in this film.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Volume posted:

A "girly-man" hairstyle is a guy with long hair, which the Bible says is wrong.

cognitive dissonance.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Volume posted:

As a Goon, we don't need intelligence to decide because we have the Mods that probate us to believe. Lowtax gave me the acount but in my prodromal schizophrenia, who am I using my account for?

• Locked thread