Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
a bit too timecube for my tastes, i think i prefer the bit with the she-bears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Stottie Kyek posted:

The Bible says there's a whole bunch of gods, like Baal, Marduk, Asheroth, Tiamat and the like, but Yahweh is the best one and can light fires way better than Baal can. Elijah (at least I think it was him) had a "pray to your god to ask them to light this fire" contest with some Baal fans and Baal really sucked at it. Not sure how that works with the whole "don't put your god to the test" commandments, but I think the fire-lighting contest was Yahweh's idea in the first place so it was alright.
these sound like a bunch of old people having a circlejerk. the first gibbis

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
my atheisms superpower is to make peoplw vomit just by staring at thejm intently

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
virtually everyone i've ever talked to in person falls into some weird hybrid atheist-theist category where they agree with many of the moral values presented by the various religions, mostly christianity, but has no real interest in forcing those values onto others. i think this is for the best when it comes to belief systems and i'm fairly certain it is directly connected to living in a climate that gets fairly cold at times

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
"if you gently caress up, someone's gonna end up getting hurt" becomes "god is going to punish you for your sins" after 6969 years of broken telephone

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
but after the egg is laid, how do you decide which parent is the disgusting homosexual who can't raise the child? i don't understand

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
rule #1 of gbs: dont tuch the pope

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Random Page posted:

Did not think it can get worse. But you get more lulz with every post.
shut the gently caress up and kill yourself, you hapless retard

edit: apologies if this post makes you feel bad but jesus loving christ. why

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
As far as I know, everyone who wasn't born braindead and hasn't sustained damage to their skullcabbage still has the necessary parts to engage in "spiritual" behavior, they just don't because it's something that you physically grow out of and only unlucky stunted fuckers and total nutjobs get stuck in that state. Outside of the few christians who've rang my doorbell with a really crazy glimmer in their eyes and a special needs kid or two, I don't think I've ever met anyone who was, uh, tuned in on that particular wavelength. Also, the christian/atheist/whatever dichotomy is entirely linguistic pedantry and anyone who argues with someone about it at lenght should realize that unless you're successfully using language for its intended function of conveying information to others, you're just generating meaningless noise/word salad.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
hrm. hitler had the right idea, he just targeted the wrong cultures

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pastor Perineum posted:

humans need to have an answer for everything so they make up poo poo
desire to impress babby with knowledge cannot be taken away from human

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the human brain is a biological unit that converts energy into agenda. when an agenda outlives its usefulness, it becomes dormant, or continues wasting energy on the now pointless activity. if every agenda you once had is gone, you have become a different person

life is temporary as gently caress, is what i'm gettin' at

edit: fleeting, even

quakster fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jun 1, 2015

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
peepee tuch butt OH NO jemes decends to set buttbaby on feire

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Unlucky posted:

lol at all the life is temporary type people who are just a bunch of pedantic bitches trying to look smart and justify their failure lives

if none of this is going to be around why not make the most of it instead of posting like a human being oh wait there is no most of it to make right everything is pointless you should probably just shut the gently caress up and kill yourself then thanks in advance
shut the gently caress up, you bitchmade tard

what you gotta do is make the post of it

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
judas was a beta & a sjw

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i really like that scripture is "just" fanfics of vague secondhand recollections of poo poo that probably went down, maybe. dumb poo poo like groverhaus and lost fingat would make for great religion. "lest man be slain by his own dwelling"

quakster fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jun 16, 2015

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pththya-lyi posted:

furries and bronies are clearly demonically-possessed
my digestive bacteria don't work right. i asked why and they told me they're legion

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the bilble is a science textbook but part of the class who read it decided "good enough" and started killing people who wanted to write more books

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
god is a quality assurance department, trying to work out kinks in the product before they ship it

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
god's got some good ideas, but only an infinite amount of radiums on infinite input devices to help him implement them

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
jeses was actually god for real, but he only revealed enough of his skills and motivations to control a bunch of hot twinks, and then he became a german warlord and slayed people by the boatload for their skulls

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
not sure if the secret is all that hard to figure out when the guy throws around stuff that boils down to messages like "the rich don't get to go to heaven"

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if you quit, you lose all unsaved women in the process. confirm?

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Volume posted:

1) The universe had a cause
"god was horny"

Volume posted:

2) Life exists
"he came"

Volume posted:

3) Complex biological systems exist
"a lot"

Volume posted:

4) The ancient Jews interacted with God quite a bit
"pee pee poo poo"

Volume posted:

5) Jesus came, ministered, performed miracles, died, and was resurrected
"i sure came a lot"

Volume posted:

6) Miracles still happen
"god also farts sometimes"

Volume posted:

7) There is a god-shaped hole in everyone's psychology
"cum is made out of god"

Volume posted:

8) The "inter-witness of the Holy Spirit" (there, that should get all the WLC fans going)
what the gently caress is wlc

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
christianity in general is hosed

jebes: "be excellent to one another"
religious leaders: "be absolute trash at all times? sure thing, boss"

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quakster posted:

judas was a beta & a sjw

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
religions are brands of culture and the people who are likely to take part in them usually fall in to one of two categories:
normal people looking for cultural identity
sociopaths looking for power

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
what a weak gay marriage that must be

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
tats are zimbob ! :awesome:

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

jesus loving christ you are a retard
i think he can't see anyone's posts because he puts em on ignore as soon as they call him a retard

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
copyright litigation is the one true satan & (r) is his mark

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

No joke I hope with everything in me that this person is absolutely right, and that someone out there made a game called "goat simulator" only to have it secretly be a satan-worshiping game designed to fool people into sacrificing virtual goats to the devil
the game exists, is a goon favorite. hth

it's a goat sacrificing people to satan, though. a small but important distinction

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
christian creepypasta is cool & good

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
gamergate

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
religion, much like some forms of autism and sociopathy, is a reaction to a hostile environment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
ovumsday, like it's known to some fedoratheists

• Locked thread