Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

gnarlyhotep posted:

3 pages and still no Kyrie? Are we finally free?

Only through Christ are we free from sin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Judges is some wacko level poo poo. I'm no religious scholar what is the point of these kinds of passages anyway? What's the message?

Its the kind of super-depravity that reigns whenever the Chosen People turn away from God. You turn away from the Law of Moses for a second and all the sudden people are getting raped in the streets and chopped up and whatnot.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

IronClaymore posted:

Some people spend their whole lives reading the bible (well, the Torah, same thing mostly), or at least pretending to, as a pretext specifically designed to avoid being conscripted into the military and ordered to do terrible things. And also to avoid getting a real job or paying taxes or shaving.

But the Christians had the same thing going from the dark ages right up until the industrial era. You hardly ever saw an actual monk on the battlefield, and never a professional theologian. If you were a person that actually read the bible you'd spend your life sitting around drinking and writing and arguing about contradictions in bible stories and talking poo poo about people who believe different things from you...exactly as we're doing now!

Its starts being cool for clergy to be armed and fight during the Reformation. The famous ones who tried usually got stabbed in the face. This is why Luther is a lot more famous than Zwingli.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Ocean Book posted:

well god could be something else instead of what you described..

Its the Lovecraft one... octopus head... that's God. Please buy my t-shirts.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

redshirt posted:

Yeah? What super powers does the blood of christ have?

Absolves sin, offers eternal life.

Downside: doesn't blow your grandparents' minds when you tell them about it at Christmas after your first semester of college.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Volume posted:

I think I can prove the truth of the biblical word. I live in Canada, and I notice the aboriginal natives live in squalor with drug abuse, violence and suicide. The natives practiced pagen religions until they were enlightened with the word of God. However, the bible states that a man who sins against God will suffer and his subsequent generations will suffer. The suffering of the natives is due to the sins of their forefathers and the fact that they never accepted Jesus as their Lord and Saviour.

*First Nations accept Jesus*

*we continue to gently caress them over forever anyway*

Nature red in tooth and claw. :shrug:

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Saw a bunch of jesusfags giving free food to homeless people. They set up lovely kitchen in a poor part of town and were feeding a whole bunch of them like it was some kind of assembly line. Pathetic.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
I heard it was really just a dispute over a parking space.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

This is good.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
"Love your enemies?" Uh, contradiction much? I destroy my enemies, Jewish carpenter. I destroy them with logic.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
There is no god but God, and Muhammad is His Prophet.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Duck Dynasty guy just getting owned itt. About time somebody took him down a peg.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

vug posted:

i think aliens would be in the same category as "righteous pagans" until the human race has the chance to transmit the faith to them (which gives an interestingly atemporal character to the doctrine of the harrowing of hell)

I think this is the most likely theological interpretation, but its more fun if God had a son on every alien world, so there is a tentacle Jesus, a silicon Jesus, a cat-people Jesus etc. for all the other Master of Orion races.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Volume posted:

Christians, in the bible it says, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, so if my girlfriend wills to have an abortion?

Do I have the right to abort her life?

Answer : Yes.

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Volume posted:

We don’t need to go around trying to fix people or overcome world problems that God wants to exist. There is supposed to be poverty, hunger, sickness, suffering, and violence in this world. “World peace” is a slogan that Satan came up with in order to get us distracted from God’s priorities.

Gallant (Christian) goes to the homeless shelter to serve dinner to the needy. Goofus (atheist) stays home and games in his mom's basement.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Nothing gets me harder for Satan than Southern Baptists talking about how numerous everyday activities are deeply Satanic. Kindergarten, recycling, listening to Behemoth, etc.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Volume posted:

We taught the Native Americans Christian values and saved them from their separation from God. We also gave them vast tracts of free land where they could govern themselves. How is that "genocide"?

Volume pretending he's anti-genocide.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Volume posted:

It's encouraging to know that there are still small towns all across America where people still have faith in God—where witches, homosexuals, and other menaces to society are shunned. “Shun” means “to avoid and stay away from deliberately; stay clear of.” Let me tell you, if you're a witch or a homosexual, I'm going to steer as far away from you as I can. I don't want you teaching me children. I DO feel threatened by you. I am very homophobic! ... and witchophobic too!

Volume hates American hillbilly Christians, but he doesn't want to murder them because they are white.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

readingatwork posted:

I desperately want to know some of the locations he's posting from. It could be fun to get banned from a few for politely debating people in the nicest possible way.

Its not as fun as you'd think. They alternate between praying for you to come to Christ and calling to a human being for saying that maybe gay people aren't evil. Sometimes in the same post.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

9%?? Not a bad ratio.

I've got a FB person who has been posting every day for like a week now about how the biggest problem facing our world today is that there are some languages the Bible hasn't been translated into.

I was talking to a guy who worked for an NGO in Afghanistan before the drawdown, and he said pulling bibles and crosses out of gift packages was a routine thing. Some Catholic charity sent a bunch of Christmas presents, and they had to unwrap them all, take out the bibles, and break down the rosaries into beads. So the kids got toys and beads, and the pocket bibles and crucifixes all got covered in gasoline and torched in a pit.

There's your Satanic Christmas in Sunni Muslim Afghanistan, courtesy of Catholic charities.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

volume is real mad about god

Being mad online is the core of atheist praxis. Do not discriminate against their religion plz.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

nomadologique posted:

can't decide if i really hope some time to make someone mad enough to waste money on me

I will buy you one if you really want. To complete your Rowdy Trout experience.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

genesplicer posted:

You just make sure that all the other people you marry are bound for hell.

No you just keep building yourself a harem, kind of like the Zodiac Killer.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Kanthulhu posted:

I'm actually a real life philosophy professor

Nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Can you pick up Christian women by telling stories like this? Asking for a friend.

• Locked thread