Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
I hope God is real and is an uncaring Great Old One that would devour our souls, without regard to race, religion, or creed.

That's a God I can get behind!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

W.W.A.D.

What Would Azathoth Do?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Lichy posted:

I'm real tired of atheism but then again the stupid from the spiritualism crowd never stops so
Have you considered the utter extinction of the human race today? Pretty good third option imho.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

*Enjoys Christian Metal.*

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Volume posted:

Arnold Atheist enjoyed learning about the fall of the Roman Empire as he watched the History channel. He clicked over to the Science channel and watched two programs. One was on the power of magnetic fields and the other was on gravity.

As an atheist, Arnold loved science. He equated the two. He glanced at his high-tech digital clock and thought about how quickly time had flown. He took a deep breath, grabbed the remote control, turned off the TV, called his wife who was working late and told her that he loved her. As he opened his garage door a strong wind messed up his hair that had been neatly combed a few moments earlier. He spoke an address into his phone, and let GPS guide him to his destination.

Arnold believed in invisible history. He watched a program on invisible magnetic fields. Then he watched another on invisible gravity. Then he measured invisible time, breathed invisible oxygen, used an invisible signal to turn off his TV with his remote, told his wife he had an invisible emotion for her, had his hair messed up by the invisible wind, and was directed to his meeting by an invisible positioning system.

Arnold was excited by the subject at his local atheist meeting: "Why we don't believe in the invisible."
This is like watching someone start to sunset.

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Local atheist meeting???

holy poo poo they're real

Wonder what they smell like. I mean, the pictures don't look too goonlordish, but the only atheists I've known who've taken the time to drop sick burns on religion are pretty fuckin' goony. Weakass atheism where you just let things slide is a lot more fun.

gently caress, i am atheism.txt now, aint I.

IIRC, there are now atheist "temples" that simulate church.

SMDH, I am an atheist because I don't want to waste my time at church!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Christians need to realize that Satan always comes off better in these kinda things.

God's a needy bitch who needs you to like every single one of his comments.

Satan just wants you to enjoy your life, he doesn't require constant reminders of your love.

Hail Satan! Hahahaha!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Leviathon is a spirit I have battled as well. It was a hard battle but was won. It was about four months or more ago. My wife and I were in McDonalds and were having a conversation with an angel and Leviathon had come up. I told the angel that i wanted to fight this demon and he said I could. On the way back to the hotel I asked the angel if he could bring the demon to a predestinated place and he said yes. I figured that since Leviathon was from the depths of the sea he would be used to the cold water so I filled the tub up with scalding hot water and blessed the water. The angels (there were two now) brought Leviathon bound to the tub and fought with me. We all pulled our swords from our hips and began running this demon through with all my strength and everything I had. I would say it took atleast half an hour or more. We were all spent but the battle was won.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Top City Homo posted:

dude docked with some bros and to power his JO crystals*

*While high on PCP

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

genesplicer posted:

A conversation between me and a fundamentalist relative:

:science: = me
:v: = fundamentalist relative

:science: So why can't god just let everybody into heaven? Wouldn't that be easier?

:v: He can't allow anything imperfect into his presence. It is the sacrifice of Jesus that perfects us and allows us to enter heaven.

:science: So, If this is the case, then we definitely should not worship him.

:v: Why is that?

:science: Either god has decided that he will not allow imperfect beings around him, in which case he's arbitrary and capriciously dooming billions of people for no good reason, and not worthy of our worship. Or, god cannot allow imperfection because of a set of rules that he can't break, and we should not worship him, because clearly there is something beyond him that set the rules that he must follow, and we should worship that being, instead.

The relative then cried fundie alligator tears, and blew his brains out to the sound of applause.

And that mods name was Albert Einstein!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

No, God's Penis is not a biological organ. I never said God's Penis was the same as man's penis. Obviously it wouldn't be. That is why I pointed out God has a Holy, Righteous Penis. That is to say, it's not the same as man's corrupted, fleshy one.

As I said when this subject first came up, once again: Penises are not just for sex & peeing. It is only because man is evil that he thinks of penises exclusively in those terms.

Man is made in the image of God the Father. That is the primary reason why man has a penis.

You cannot insert your evil prejudicial ideas of man's penis onto God - which is exactly what you are doing. God's Penis is not equal to man's penis. It's really not hard to understand.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Maybe it's referring to this IHOP.

Basically a bunch of fundies that go around exploiting human poverty, and trying to pass legislation that allows for the execution of gays in parts of Africa. (Namely Uganda)

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Volume posted:

I believe the institution of marriage started to be weakened when couples started living together outside of wedlock. Then the feminists told women they didn't need a man to raise children ... which weakened the family structure even more. Divorce has dealt another huge blow to the family structure. Now we have homosexuals adopting children, and if they legalize homosexual 'marriages' I'd say we can kiss the institute of marriage goodbye in America. Satan knows if he can destroy the very foundation of society ... family, he can destroy the Nation. He's getting it done.

Larry the cable guy is getting hosed up.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

quote:

Clowns love Children
Holy poo poo :stare:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Here is a question you.

So a light year = the distance light travels in a year.

You mentioned the figure 11 million light years away.

So my question is how are we observing this light 11 million light years away now?

I'm not 11 million years old, i'm 20.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

So called "officers" gainfully employed by the TSA! :bahgawd:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Ken posted:

“World’s Largest Atheist Party” Is Really a Worship Service!

The Reason Rally 2016, advertised as the “world’s largest atheist party,” is really a kind of worship service. Why do I say this? Well, they worship man. Their rally in Washington, DC, in June will see people worshipping the god of self. They will exalt reason and declare that they have a blind faith that the universe and life arose by natural processes.

You know, we need to be calling atheism for what it really is—a religion, an anti-God religion—a religion that exalts fallible human reason.

In fact, atheist Lawrence Krauss, who is speaking at this rally, once said on video, “Forget Jesus—the stars died so you can be here.” You see, he is worshipping the stars. These atheists at the rally are no different from those the prophet Jeremiah spoke of: “Saying to a tree, ‘You are my father,’ And to a stone, ‘You gave birth to me’” (Jeremiah 2:27).

And what will the message of the rally be? “Become an atheist, die, and that’s the end—there’s no ultimate purpose to life.” So that being the case, why do atheists even attack Christianity? Why rally in DC in June? Well, it is because they actively “suppress the truth in unrighteousness” (Romans 1:18).

Atheists work hard against Christianity because they’re putting their hands over their eyes and ears and shouting, “I refuse to see and hear truth!” Their blind faith religion of believing that natural processes explain life without God is an anti-God religion.

The words of Daniel (5:23) describe today’s atheists: “The God who holds your breath in His hand and owns all your ways, you have not glorified.”

So, the atheists will worship man at the Reason Rally, just as stated in Scripture: “who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen” (Romans 1:25). But God says, “You have lifted yourself up against the Lord of heaven” (Daniel 5:23).

Thanks for stopping by and thanks for praying,
Ken

Christians make atheism sound cooler than it actually is.

Worship yourself as a demigod of the cosmos, why haven't people tried this yet?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

I'm the bagged weed.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

What did she make though?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Christ, Volume, slow your roll!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

I have now been born again by reading this.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Volume posted:

As a Goon, we don't need intelligence to decide because we have the Mods that probate us to believe. Lowtax gave me the acount but in my prodromal schizophrenia, who am I using my account for?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Volume, I am worried about you. Please calm down!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

:five::five::five::five::five:

• Locked thread