Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

drat this thread is so broken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Apparently the fix is to start a new thread cos they can't rebuild the indexes . Any takers?

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

It's ok, two is the new zero.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Guess this thread is suffering from clogged arteries...

Speaking of, I had a burger last night from the local joint, they make such good burgers and the best fries I've ever had, super crisp. I am still feeling full today.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Allstone posted:

Yeah I was guessing saturated fat would help. It comes pre-ground, but I could probably try mincing some bacon fat and working it through. One of the issues is it starts off kind of wet, so I might try a dash of starch to soak that up and see how it goes. Probably going to take some tinkering to get it to where I want it regardless.
egg is a good binder to use for low-fat content burgers, assuming you're not allergic to it.

is that good
Apr 14, 2012

Elizabethan Error posted:

egg is a good binder to use for low-fat content burgers, assuming you're not allergic to it.
Thanks for the tip! I'm not allergic to egg, no; the blender mayo recipe I used was kind of oil heavy to my taste, so the plan for next time is to see what that being eggier does. Just the same as the first time with a bit less mayo and a bit of starch worked pretty well, but I'm holding off on conclusions until I can see how they go when I can smash them flatter. Will see when I can get around to heading down to the hospitality supplies store for a cheapo stove top griddle.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Burged in Meat Market. Would definitely burg again.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
For you guys with Smashburgers available to you, you MIGHT want to look into this.

https://smashpass.smashburger.com/

It's a pass where you get a $1 entree every day (54 day period) for $54.

unknown
Nov 16, 2002
Ain't got no stinking title yet!

So which burger emoji is the most broken?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

unknown posted:

Just realized samsung has the lettuce between the cheese and the burger. wtf.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
None of them have enough sesame seeds on the buns, poor form there. Messenger appears to have 3 watermelon seeds on top of theirs for some reason.

Google, EmojiOne and maybe Emojidex, are the only ones with good enough tomatoes to bother using at all.

WhatsApp has ketchup, which is a bad choice.

HTCs lettuce between two patties is going to be slimy cooked and gross. Samsung's lettuce is between the patty and the cheese for some reason.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Emojidec looks like poo poo, no cheese. Loser.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Samizdata posted:

For you guys with Smashburgers available to you, you MIGHT want to look into this.

https://smashpass.smashburger.com/

It's a pass where you get a $1 entree every day (54 day period) for $54.

Fuuuuuck I wish I still lived at my old place :smithicide:

The top quality burgers in this shithole is jack in the box. I actually had a smash burger when I went to my old place to buy a new car.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

unknown posted:

I don't see a single onion, they're all wrong. The proper construction, bottom to top, is patty, cheese, a slice of red onion not tomato, and lettuce. Heretics the lot of them.

Most broken is either Samsung or Emjoidex, loving cheese on top of the lettuce/no cheese at all what the gently caress is this poo poo?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Jamsta posted:

Emojidec looks like poo poo, no cheese. Loser.

It's a HAMBURGER, not a CHEESEBURGER.

Leal posted:

Fuuuuuck I wish I still lived at my old place :smithicide:

The top quality burgers in this shithole is jack in the box. I actually had a smash burger when I went to my old place to buy a new car.

Sorry. The only options in town are McD's, Culver (which is a real pain for me to get to) and a local place, which isn't bad, but the big draw is their malts and shakes.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Samizdata posted:

It's a HAMBURGER, not a CHEESEBURGER.

Burgers without cheese. Who does that? Vegans, lactose intolerant and losers. That's who.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Jamsta posted:

Burgers without cheese. Who does that? Vegans, lactose intolerant and losers. That's who.

Not necessarily. Have to have a LITTLE variety in your burg menu.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Samizdata posted:

Not necessarily. Have to have a LITTLE variety in your burg menu.

Sure, totally agree.

Variety like Cheddar, pepper jack, emmental, american...

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Jamsta posted:

Sure, totally agree.

Variety like Cheddar, pepper jack, emmental, american...

Dunno. Mostly a cheese chap, but once in a while, I just want to enjoy a simple core burg.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Samizdata posted:

Dunno. Mostly a cheese chap, but once in a while, I just want to enjoy a simple core burg.

Same. I call it 'steak'.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Ranter posted:

Same. I call it 'steak'.

Yeah, no. Portability issues aside, I am not putting lettuce, tomato, spicy mustard, et all, on a steak.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Why are there 12 loving emojis for a hamburger?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Doom Rooster posted:

WhatsApp has ketchup, which is a bad choice.

You’re a bad choice. I eat ketchup on burgers. Fight me. :colbert:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Like everything else in tech, everyone has a better...ummm...THE BEST IDEA EVA!

You’re a bad choice. I eat ketchup on burgers. Fight me. :colbert:

I am snagging your tomato-laden burg while you two fight.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

I’ll occasionally put a nice spicy ketchup (or homemade) on my burg :shrug:

God I miss Whataburgers spicy ketchup. I know they sell it, it’s just hard to get it up north.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I can't stand ketchup, I usually go for a spicy mayo or Dijon mustard. But hey, if ketchup floats your boat, burg on man.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Why aren't there hundredsthousands?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Fenrir posted:

I can't stand ketchup, I usually go for a spicy mayo or Dijon mustard. But hey, if ketchup floats your boat, burg on man.

I had the binging with babish "secret sauce" version of one part ketchup, mayo, mustard and relish mixed firmly together and it was p tasty tbh

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Gamerofthegame posted:

I had the binging with babish "secret sauce" version of one part ketchup, mayo, mustard and relish mixed firmly together and it was p tasty tbh

Binging With Babish has some AMAZING food.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Gamerofthegame posted:

Not a fan of relish either unless I make it myself with sharp dill pickles. Sweet pickles are an abomination against Father Helel and should be destroyed. Still, eh, this is the burg thread. The best part of it is that whatever you put on it, what matters most is if it works for you. Burg on.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Also, posting from Crave again. I'd you're ever in Albany, NY this is THE place to go for a burger. No pics yet because I just ordered but I'll post some later.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Hot take: Fire-grilled burgers own and are awesome, whereas flat-top-grilled burgers are nasty dogshit. Discuss.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
fire grilled burgs taste like charcoal as a core conceit, hope this helps

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

All burgs are beautiful in the eyes of Our Lord.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Fenrir posted:

Not a fan of relish either unless I make it myself with sharp dill pickles. Sweet pickles are an abomination against Father Helel and should be destroyed. Still, eh, this is the burg thread. The best part of it is that whatever you put on it, what matters most is if it works for you. Burg on.

I've been doing slices of bread 'n' butter pickles with a pretzel bun for my burgers of late. Very tasty, though nothing truly beats out the fine and fabled pickled jalapeno.

Oh, and a couple nights back I cooked up a mix of different mushrooms with some onion, shallot, and garlic. Popped the results on a patty, melted three slices of swiss on top, served on a crusty poppyseed kaiser roll. Perfect medium cook, too; right on that shift from red to pink where I like it.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

I've been doing slices of bread 'n' butter pickles with a pretzel bun for my burgers of late. Very tasty, though nothing truly beats out the fine and fabled pickled jalapeno.

Oh, and a couple nights back I cooked up a mix of different mushrooms with some onion, shallot, and garlic. Popped the results on a patty, melted three slices of swiss on top, served on a crusty poppyseed kaiser roll. Perfect medium cook, too; right on that shift from red to pink where I like it.

Pics or it didn't happen. And since you already ate it, you will have to make another one then snap photos before eating it again.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Forgot to add these last night,

The before:

The halfway shot:

The lighting in the place sucks, there was a little bit of pink in there but they did slightly overcook it this time. Still amazing, though. They have double-fried fries that are so great when you drip bloody grease on them. Love the gently caress out of this place.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
that thread title, oh my

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Nov 5, 2017

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
gave me two kinds of cravings at once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan