Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
sometimes i will have a hankerin' for a double cheeseburger from mcdonalds and then put their bbq sauce on it

its a good when you are burgin and need a quick fix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Not preferable but for pre-made frozen patties, what do you guys think is the better of them out there?

I've been pretty happy with Bubba Burger (original) in a pinch. Pretty quick on a pan and if dressed up even reasonably it's among the better pre-made ones I've had. I also have a decent recipe from a "foodie" friend for making good burgers, and while I do enjoy making things from scratch, I'm quite lazy and it's a rare occurrence so when I'm in the mood for a burger and don't feel like going out, Bubba's been decent.

Anyone know of any better?

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Shadow posted:

Not preferable but for pre-made frozen patties, what do you guys think is the better of them out there?

I've been pretty happy with Bubba Burger (original) in a pinch. Pretty quick on a pan and if dressed up even reasonably it's among the better pre-made ones I've had. I also have a decent recipe from a "foodie" friend for making good burgers, and while I do enjoy making things from scratch, I'm quite lazy and it's a rare occurrence so when I'm in the mood for a burger and don't feel like going out, Bubba's been decent.

Anyone know of any better?

Make your own with ground beef and then freeze them.

Duh.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
only time i buy frozen patties is for like the 4th of july or some summer bbq party type thing and I alway just go to Costco.

having a fresh and large condiments/toppings bar is key to a good burger party IMO

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqackdaUED8

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

psyopmonkey posted:

Make your own with ground beef and then freeze them.

Duh.

Yes, yes, I know, but I'm mostly curious if anyone's found decent options out there. Bubba's been the only one I've found thus far.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Shadow posted:

Yes, yes, I know, but I'm mostly curious if anyone's found decent options out there. Bubba's been the only one I've found thus far.

Bubbas or Morning Star are my go to premade patties.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Chinatown posted:

only time i buy frozen patties is for like the 4th of july or some summer bbq party type thing and I alway just go to Costco.

having a fresh and large condiments/toppings bar is key to a good burger party IMO

Same, the stack of like 30 frozen patties is a good price and v useful.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

psyopmonkey posted:

Bubbas or Morning Star are my go to premade patties.

Morning Star is veggie burgers right?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
if yr getting bubba burgs you might as well just get up out of my face

like god drat thats no proper burg

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I have never had a tasty burger made from those mass produced frozen jobs.

Does the freezing just sap all the taste from them?

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

shiksa posted:

if yr getting bubba burgs you might as well just get up out of my face

like god drat thats no proper burg

its not my first choice, stop yelling at me :(

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
The only form in life worth filling out.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Remember the goon-made http://www.burgermap.org/

Throw that in the OP! It's Burgin' Time!

e: looking at the map it looks like people stopped using it last year?

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
has anyone tried anally ingesting a burger?

asking for a friend.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Does a mirepoix belong in a burg?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Kukash posted:

asking for a friend.

is that what people mean by assburgers

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here

Kukash posted:

asking for a friend.

for a true burger hit, shove it directly into your eyeballs

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

VendaGoat posted:

I have never had a tasty burger made from those mass produced frozen jobs.

Does the freezing just sap all the taste from them?

As soon as he mentioned them I was going to ask if he found Bubba Burgers to be pretty dry.

I find them to cook up pretty dry.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Was gonna say Doob's but that's way too many Fries.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Business Gorillas posted:

lol if you don't eat your burgers with bacon and eggs on them

just lmao

what happens if I work eggs and bread crumbs into the ground beef before cooking them? I'm told this is very similar to how meatloaf works but gently caress you, it stops my burgs from shrinking on the grill

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

The Mad Archivist posted:

what happens if I work eggs and bread crumbs into the ground beef before cooking them? I'm told this is very similar to how meatloaf works but gently caress you, it stops my burgs from shrinking on the grill
Make your patties with a hole in the middle, that way the hole shrinks and not the burg. Didn't your mom teach you anything?

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Was gonna say Doob's but that's way too many

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
From Fast Food Experiences

1. Johnny Rockets
2. Shake Shack
3. Whattaburger
4. Fatburger
5. Swensons
6. Steak and Shake
7. In and Out
8. L.A. Burger
9. Five Guys
10. Smashburger
11. Brown Bag

From sit downs

1. TBD
2. Red Robin
3. B Spot
Other places like Winking Lizard and poo poo but gently caress man so many places I've burged. SO MUCH BURG.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

That burger is toooooo big

you'd just end up with mouthfuls of nothing but beef or lettuce or whatever
please take that big burger and make it into lots of little burgers for everybody to enjoy

don't giant-shame please

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

GORDON posted:

As soon as he mentioned them I was going to ask if he found Bubba Burgers to be pretty dry.

I find them to cook up pretty dry.

I haven't really found them to be too dry, but whenever I do make a Bubba Burger, I tend to dress it up with BBQ or Ketchup/Mayo and lettuce, tomato, onions, so that could be why I don't notice. You don't squeeze the burger as it cooks do you? If you do, don't. In general. Ever.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ

Gatts posted:

From Fast Food Experiences

1. Johnny Rockets

Like that's your favorite? Dang

I don't think JR sucks or anything I'm just really surprised to see it on a list

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
no mom i will not cook your burger until it is a loving puck of coal it is okay to eat meat that is pink god drat it quit being a loving food bitch and EAT THE BURG

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
it's weird to want your burger hockey puck charred, but I also don't like the mushy blood taste either

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

it's weird to want your burger hockey puck charred, but I also don't like the mushy blood taste either

I find medium for burgers and medium rare for steaks to be the way to go.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Make your patties with a hole in the middle, that way the hole shrinks and not the burg. Didn't your mom teach you anything?

this sounds like quackery to me; the burger still gonna shrink you're just spreading it out further, I think my egg method will work fine for the time being

matrix ripoff posted:

no mom i will not cook your burger until it is a loving puck of coal it is okay to eat meat that is pink god drat it quit being a loving food bitch and EAT THE BURG

actually while steak is okay to eat pink, ground beef is still incredibly risky to eat rare. it has to do with the harmful e-coli living in the cow's gut; with steak if it gets anywhere during the process of being slaughtered, it will be on the surface of the steak, so if you sear it it will probably be killed off in short order. with ground beef it's been mixed up considerably so the chances of e-coli being spread around somewhere inside the ground beef is much higher

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

this sounds like quackery to me; the burger still gonna shrink you're just spreading it out further, I think my egg method will work fine for the time being
Try it sometime. Make your hamburger patty look like a donut basically. Do it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

i would eat this burg, no lie

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Was gonna say Doob's but that's way too many Fries.

also, the cheese is melted

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Try it sometime. Make your hamburger patty look like a donut basically. Do it.

maybe, maybe, though personally if I really want to get fancy with my burging I make a Jucy Lucy

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

actually while steak is okay to eat pink, ground beef is still incredibly risky to eat rare. it has to do with the harmful e-coli living in the cow's gut; with steak if it gets anywhere during the process of being slaughtered, it will be on the surface of the steak, so if you sear it it will probably be killed off in short order. with ground beef it's been mixed up considerably so the chances of e-coli being spread around somewhere inside the ground beef is much higher

i live dangerously deliciously

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
steak tartare is delicious

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore