Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
mcd's is poo poo, dry artificial tasting poo poo. same goes for all international chains, gently caress them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

is anyone else kind of annoyed at this whole like hipster artisan burger thing

yeah, in my city it's impossible to get a good, honest cheese burger. like, good meat, good cheddar, fried onions, some mustard and maybe ketchup and that's it. it's all loving home made bread w/ some exotic cheese and unnecessary fillings you know. then they cost like 15 bucks and i could do better at home.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
everyone in chicago go to kumas corner

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Chinatown posted:

meh. not really. as long as its a good burger im ok with it.

when they start using stupid names (biodynamic beef for example) and trying to elevate it up into their own assholes then gently caress them

what about charging like twice the price b/c the bun was baked by a hipster

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
burgers transcend trends and styles and when those assholes who add avocado to a cheese burger and charge you 15 bucks for it get a real job burgers will still be the number one junk food in the western world

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

SpazmasterX posted:

If all you have is hipster bullshit, open a five guys franchise and destroy their livelihoods.

idk, burgers are in style so a lot of hipster places have them and then for the regular joe there's mcd's and a couple of other big joints. you'd probably have to compete with them rather than the hipsters.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Chinatown posted:

ill go somewhere else where i can get a good burg for a fair price

it's nice that you have that choice

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Chinatown posted:

where do you live that only has overpriced hipster burgers and no chains

europe. we have chains but they're mcd's, burger king and a bunch of locals that operate and taste exactly the same.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
ACTUALLY i lied, there this new place that opened a few months ago i forgot about

their burgs looks good in pictures at least:

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Chinatown posted:

Other good things on Burgers:

fried egg,
avocado
guacamole
grilled peppers
jalapenos

good but totally unnecessary if your burger joint doesnt have a regular cheese burger with no fancy stuff on the menu

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

SpazmasterX posted:

Wait so they don't even have something close to a standard burg?

macd's, burger king and similar lovely chains that use frozen pattys and then those hipster places. burgers are available everywhere, but they're either poo poo or try too hard. my city needs a regular burger joint with good ingredients but none of that fancy poo poo.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
thats... just nasty

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

these are just loving nasty

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
why the gently caress do you need to put bacon everywhere? bacon is good but goddamn, that amount of bacon is the same level of nasty as a deep fried mars bar.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Gaunab posted:

bacon is overrated

well based on this thread, totally. it's real good, but it's just one ingredient.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
gently caress msg

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Chinatown posted:

u have lots of bad opinions

it's lazy seasoning basically. msg is useless if you know how to cook. there's a whole lot of natural ingredients that have msg in them and give the same effect, only they have other flavours besides pure msg. parmesan, tomatos etc.

but hey, you think that bacon monster looks appealing so i guess we've got pretty different tastes when it comes to food.

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Feb 10, 2015

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
yeah that aint exactly science, just basic cooking altho i did study that poo poo for a while yeah.

but seriously if you need to use synhtetic msg to give your food flavour, you're doing something wrong.

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Feb 10, 2015

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Fetus Tree posted:

god i agree with you but you are such a loving douche bag i wish you would just shut the gently caress up

you forgot to call me a human being

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

thathonkey posted:

Garlic aioli is my favorite spread for burgers and sandwiches now :getin:

I need to learn how to make it anyone got a good recipe? Seems simple

do you know how to make mayo? just add some garlic and that's it.

i know jamie oliver is a bit of a twat but this looks like a good recipe: http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/eggs-recipes/aioli/#w8TGKRMhSuBM3Dp6.97

if you wanna do chili mayo, just leave some garlic out & add freshly chopped chili and a bit of honey.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
im a burger human being

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
^like this?

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

a hole-y ghost posted:

I like the way this image loads,

yeah changed it, wtf was up with that image

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

he high

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
someone eating burg while high on amphetamine

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
welcome to human being burger, would you like to shoot up b4 ur burg

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
bbq sauce is real good in a pulled pork sandwich, but i wouldn't put it in a burger.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
altho i guess if the patty was grilled in a charcoal grill you could glaze it and that would be acceptable

i really wanna try a bison burg but they don't live here :(

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

thathonkey posted:

They have buffalo burgers at a chain of restaurants around here and i wasnt convinced. Beef still makes the best burgs hands down dont fix what aint broken imo

is the meat leaner than beef? i've never tried buffalo. lean meats are harder to make a good burg from

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
brewskis n' burgs

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
depends on the burg but i'd go with a nice, strong tasting lager or if it's a really strong tasting burg maybe even a lightly hopped pale ale.

if it's a veggie burg then a wheat ale.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i once had a burg with tomato chutney in it, it was pretty good.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
reheated mickey d's burg = worst burg in the universe!!!

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

thathonkey posted:

you reheated a mcdonalds burger in the microwave? what the gently caress is wrong with you smh

it makes them so goddamn nasty that i gotta be loving starving to eat that poo poo

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i just had gouda on a burg today and it worked just fine? just don't overdo it, a slice or two per burg is enough.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i like pickles in my burg. i don't like fresh tomato on a burg, tho. lettuce, maybe sometimes but i think fresh veggies are better as a side dish salad.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
my gf makes bitching veggie burgs. fatty lentil burgs, crushed pea & garlic burgs, black bean burgs, soy burgs and seitan burgs altho i prefer the seitan made into either a kebab or a pulled pork style sandwhich with coleslaw.

berlin is such an awesome city for burgin. they have so many good restaurants for both veggie and meat burgs.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
for sauces, i like to put mustard on one side and mayo (regular, chili or aioli) on the other. then sometimes add some ketchup but usually no.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
it's just marginally more convenient than a frying pan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Sizone posted:

it's substantially more convenient if you have a power outlet but no stove

like, carry it around with you and grill a burg in an airport or something?

• Locked thread