Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

her0n posted:

- These burgers end up getting kinda chunky once they're cooked, would squashing them thinner before cooking help or would it destroy them?

Press down in the middle with your thumb of one side of your patty and make a divet before cooking. Basically it'll rise back up during cooking but will prevent the center from ballooning up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

loving yes

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

franco posted:

Okay let's loving do this. Wagyu burgs. Yeah yeah yeah it's a waste of wagyu and eat a steak instead blah blah. I don't give a gently caress - this is the burg thread. They were cheap-ish and from NZ cattle so thought I'd give them a go.

The usual suspects assembled. Sharp cheddar and ultra-sour dill pickles along with onion/tomato/yellow mustard/ketchup/mayo and some assorted lettuce from the garden.

Doing this late at night and the only store open was out of proper burger buns so I ended up with these floury baps that are far too big. Maybe I can compress the burgs. IDGAF:

Let's get this show on the road. Grill? gently caress no - skillet and grease:

Say cheese:

A slight cheese accident while flipping. It's all good - I'll just scrape the lost goo on at the end. It all goes down the same way:

Buns toasted with a butter glaze and all components awaiting burgage:

There we loving go:

If only I had had Bob_McBob's spectacular buns this would have been perfect

Fucks given: none. Burgs consumed: 2 (two).

A good burg, but please don't use metal utensils on non stick pans!

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

beerinator posted:

A man is free to ingest synthetic polymers if he so desires.

Valar Morghulis

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Mac and cheese on a burg does nothing. Gooey cheese is more than sufficient.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

butros posted:

Burg Wellington sounds loving amazing and I would eat the gently caress out of that but no. Korzo burg, best burg in NYC:
http://nypost.com/2013/04/01/is-this-really-nys-best-burger/

Sounds like it's time for a burgscursion to Park Slope for some Korzo.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
The only bad burger is the burger you don't eat.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Looks pretty dope.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

The Midniter posted:

This burg don't gently caress around

It's beautiful.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

The Midniter posted:

This place makes my platonic ideal of a burger.

Nick Solares, is that you?

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
I just assumed everyone is subscribed to Eater's channel on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3lAnv5iRH8&t=86s

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Nah they are chalky and disgusting even fresh. I always try to eat them first and just nasty.

Stop... eating... them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

Random Hero posted:

Just had one of the best burgers in a long time from Au Cheval in Chicago. Perfectly cooked double cheeseburger with pickles, red onion, dijonaisse, bacon and egg:

Heck yes. I've always wanted to try the original after having the NYC bretheren: http://www.nycprimerib.com/

It was delicious.

• Locked thread