Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

100x100 or gtfo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Shadow posted:

I find medium for burgers and medium rare for steaks to be the way to go.

Friendly reminder that ground meat should reach 160 to kill pathogens. That's medium well.

Rare is fine for steaks, but ground meat has all kinds of poo poo on the inside.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Let's talk about proper construction. I'm a strong proponent of the McDLT style: hot stuff on the bottom, cold stuff on the top. Mustard goes on the bottom, then meat, then cheese, then grilled onion. Tomato, lettuce and mayo go on the top.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

You were so close to not being a totally wrong horrible person... so close...

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

The word burg is dumb and makes you sound like you're wearing multiple popped collar polos

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

matrix ripoff posted:

what happens to your blood pressure when you hear someone unironically order a frozen marg

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Smash it Smash hit posted:

if you guys havent had an onion ring/pineapple/terrayki sauce combo on a burger then idk

Teri burgers are dope, but Teri is sweet already. The Pineapple is overkill imo. Also something about the mix of mayo, teri, and meat juice is delicious as gently caress. Top with lettuce and thin raw onion.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

nah george forepants makes loving good burgers

This is a true statement. Grill > foreman > skillet

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Don't put cold condiments on your burger? Let em come to room temp first. Cept maybe the lettuce.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

VendaGoat posted:

Just leave the mayonnaise out in the sun.

Not going that far? But yes mayo tastes better at room temp. Even better, make your own. Garlic, chipotle, all that good poo poo. It's easy too.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Thesis for the thread: given the same amount of beef, a double burger is more delicious than a single burger because you get more char.

What does burger thread say?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Chinatown posted:

I've been eating less burritos and more burgers lately. I have ample choices for both in my area so its been a nice change.

Good ol burgs.

Split the difference and eat more tortas. Tortas are the poo poo.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

A burger is ground meat, preferably beef. Turkey burger? Sure. Lamb? Yum. Veggie poo poo? Ok...I'll allow it as long as it's trying to fake then texture of ground meat.

A steak sandwich, while delicious, is not a burger.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

thathonkey posted:

Burg so hard muffuckas wanna grind beef

This is the first acceptable use of the word "burg." Bravo.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Dyna Soar posted:

cheeseburger. a bit of red in the meat but closer to well done than medium rare, slice of real cheddar, mustard on bottom, a bit of mayo on the top. thinly sliced red onions. two pickles.

comes with some fries, potato or sweet potato and a green salad. a good, cold beer of your choosing, i'd choose a light, not too hoppy ale.

Don't stop, I'm almost there.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

thathonkey posted:

:cmon: cheese goes on top of the patty once it is nearly done cooking not in.

Otherwise sounds like youre on the path to makin one good rear end burg. Enjoy! Wish i was burgin tonight

Cheese in in a pocket inside the burger is pretty good. Especially a bit of strong stuff like some Bleu poo poo.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

MarioTeachesWiping posted:

Just tried The Habit for the first time tonight and wow that was a good burger. Much better than I expected and the price is definitely right.

The habit owns. They're finally opening up one near me and I'm going to gain approx 200lbs. It will be glorious.

Big Beef City posted:

I'm literally shaking right now.
It's like you all don't even CARE about hamburger quality or even the quality of the experience.

poo poo why don't you just microwave some frozen whitecastle sliders and dip them in a jar of turkey gravy you found in your pantry like a filthy loving slut?

#allburgersarebeautiful

Sounds like you need a burger to cool off them jets.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Oregon is about to step up its burger game:

http://www.oregonlive.com/dining/index.ssf/2015/01/in-n-out_medford_oregon_constr.html

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

etalian posted:

2x2 animal style is the most pro choice.

4x2 get on the bus to fatboy town

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

LeoMarr posted:

Burgers that arent fast food are healthy as gently caress. I like a burger between lettuce so I taste the meat without the extra bread curttailing my ability to enjoy a hearty 1\4th pound of beef.

Even fast food burgers aren't really that bad. It's the fries and gallon of soda that'll get you.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Fetus Tree posted:

how does a patty melt differ from a burger?

Patty melts *are* burgers. Different in that they are on grilled sliced bread instead of a bun and they have melted cheese and grilled (or better yet caramalized) onions.

None of the usual lettuce pickles tomato toppings you'd see on your run of the mill backyard bbq burger.

Patty melt is a pro-level burger.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Fetus Tree posted:

Whats the best breakfast burg to make

Loco moco.

Steamed rice, burger patty, egg Sunnyside or over easy, brown gravy.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Tyson Tomko posted:

I'M COMING UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

We've found it. Close the thread. This is the greatest burger man will ever enjoy.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

McD's then in-n-out. Animal style fries are a meal unto themselves.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

cams posted:

breakfast burgers exist man. in their basic, heartstopping fast food form

(a favorite of mine)

I ate one of these once and make mistake of looking at the nutritional breakdown. 1200 calories, 700 from fat.

Speaking of which, it's a real loving downer that here in the people's Republic of California they have to put the calorie totals on the menu. Nothing softens my burger - boner faster than a calorie nanny.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Chinatown posted:

Burgs were good.

Whats the best way to deal with patty strinkage/bloating during the cooking process. They could have been thinner/larger IMO.

Use your thumb. Put a dent in the patty.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

a large trout posted:

I'm a sucker for mcds breakfast sauce

they put it on their bagel sammiches

I like McD's breakfast, but every time I've tried a bagel, they've sucked. Doubly so the "steak" one.

Biscuits are good doe.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Chinatown posted:

Good Cheeseburger Aint Nothin' To gently caress With

Put a patty on a loving stove and let that poo poo sit there for like a half hour. Take it off and stick it in your mouth slow like ssssssss

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

canoshiz posted:

Speaking of Asian In-n-Out clones, here's Cry Cheeseburger in Korea:

drat clone is right. Down to the packaging. loving would.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Norns posted:

If you aren't using Japanese mayo, you're loving up.

Best Foods is the one true mayo. All others are mere shadows.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Norns posted:

I respect your opinion.

Japanese mayo is superior on every level but price and availability.

Gramps didn't storm the beaches at Iwo Jima for you to parade your wrongness around in this, the most American and patriotic of threads. :fsmug:

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

gggiiimmmppp posted:

vegetarians can :frogout:

I enjoy a boca burger every so often.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

There's a habit opening up less than a mile from my house. I'm gunna gain like 50 lbs here as soon as it opens.

loving open drat you habit!

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Just killed a double double animal style. It was amazing.

And it can bring world peace.

Proust Malone fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 13, 2015

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

thathonkey posted:

5 guys is pretty mediocre for how long it takes/how much it costs

This right here. It's good, but not 12 bucks good. Both the habit and in-n-out are better. Still a decent burger though. Wouldn't turn one down.

Kind of like how I feel about chipotle. Good, but gently caress if that o.g. taco place down the road doesn't have bomb rear end tacos for a buck each.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Jehde posted:

Infact I'm pretty sure we established tomatoes are a bad topping ITT.

This is a wrong opinion and you're a bad person.

My wife has turned me into a tomato snob. I grew up on store bought whatevers, and she grew up on homegrown garden tomatoes. Once you have the good ones, you can't go back. If you don't like tomatoes, you're probably just a step ahead of the game and don't like the mealy supermarket kind.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

dennyk posted:

Muss & Turner's makes the best burger I've ever tasted.

Too rare for me thanks. Give me a rare steak, but cook my burger at least medium.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Chinatown posted:

im gay

for burgers

qtifyd

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Sizone posted:

i propose the muenster challenge. for one week substitute american cheese food with muenster on your burgs and see if you find it generally more agreeable

I'm down with this, but like all burgers are beautiful, all cheeses are beautiful. Hell burgers are one of the only good purposes for American cheese. That and grilled cheese sandwiches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Fetus Tree posted:

i prefer to not freeze meat

We bought a half grassfed cow last year and had it all butchered and wrapped for us. poo poo was delicious and half my garage freezer is still packed with beautiful beautiful cow flesh.

SkyEnzo posted:

I would love to visit America one day to try out one of there giant greesy burgers. Some look amazing.

In and out Id love to visit at least once in my life too. Everyone keeps saying thats a great fast food outlet.

What's stopping you from making it where you are? Ground beef + salt/pepper + heat = burger.

• Locked thread