Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

yep

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

thathonkey posted:

that looks and sounds great but what's up with that bun? looks like it would just crumble in your hands. where is this from though? tots look good af

It's just a toasted onion bun. and those are cheese curds not tots

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Paper With Lines posted:

smashed burgers are good but no one makes them, not even smash burger.

culver's

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I'm pretty sure lamb has too much flavor for most gbs babbies

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Paper With Lines posted:

That isn't even a dead website. He seems to still be updating it.

edit: also this is lol too. http://www.burger.com/storebot.htm

burger man's favorite frozen pizza posted:

DiGiorna Rising Crust Pizza, the Supreme version, is the only frozen pizza I have found that tastes like one you order over the phone. DiGiorno has achieved the perfect balance of tomato, cheese and spice flavors. And they combined it with their rising crust that avoids the cardboard tasting crust of regular store-bought frozen pizzas.

This is not a quick pizza. This is not a microwave pizza. But after the 28 minutes you spend baking this pizza you will be in for a treat. I recommend you keep several in the freezer.

this is amazing

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Big Beef City posted:

Can I ask what you got?
I think I mentioned before in this thread, but I live deep in the heart of Wisconsin. Real Culver's territory, if you catch my drift...

And everything I've gotten, from fries to burgs to sandwiches has been so greasy as to be just...gross.
I got a patty melt once that I could have literally wrung the grease out of like a dishcloth, and fries multiple times, that were just wet and limp.

It sounds like your Culver's has lovely management

Also don't order a patty melt if you don't want something greasy, since it's griddled in grease at the end

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

iajanus posted:

I'm not sure how it works in the US but in Australia any meat pattie (or similar) in a bun is a burger, as God intended.

it does not work that way here because that is dumb. I always see menus from UK and the like where the heading is "Burgers" and then the options are "grilled chicken breast," "BBQ pork," and "crab cake."

those aren't burgers you schmucks

x on a bun doesn't make a burger

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

thathonkey posted:

it's a burger with toast (aka slices of bread) instead of a bun and has cheese melted in between - usually swiss but sometimes cheddar or just whatever is on hand. just made one. eating it now. not photo worthy but drat tasty.

you forgot the fried onions

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Ghaz posted:

i encounter a lot of controversy when espousing this view but IMO: we should classify the flat, greasy burgs that are made on the griddle as being an entirely separate food from a big juicy burg done on the grill.

both are an art in their own right but between these two broad categories the meat-bun-topping interplay has such a different dynamic that it's useless to compare.

they are not an entirely separate food because they are still burgers

try not to sperg so much

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

can't make a smash burger on a grill buddy

burgers on grills and griddles and skillets are all good

it's ok friend.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Chinatown posted:

i used to get blizzards with Nerds as a kid and i just looked it up and they discontinued it. i havent been to one in years.

gently caress you DQ i am never coming back now.

those were awesome

the sour with the vanilla was the bestttttt

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

burged tonight

I like big burgs and I cannot lie

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Enourmo posted:

i hope that meat was freshly ground if youre cooking it that rare, but otherwise: would

Someone doesn't know Pat LaFrieda

(it is a god of meat)

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Aaronicon posted:

Not going to lie, but as much as I like a good beef burger, I loving love a good chicken schnitzel burger probably more. Panko-crumbed schnitty, smoked cheddar, some mutz, red onion, lettuce, fresh mayo with just a hit of chilli. Slide that across the table with a side of beer battered chips and onion rings and I'll be a happy loving dude.

Never really seen a pork burg in the wild though. Not like a pulled pork burg, but like a solid slab of oink on some buns burg.

go to Iowa, they're all over the place

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Pubic Lair posted:

It's probably more like 1/4 cup.

Should any of you make the trip, Sprecher Brewery is literally a block or 2 down the street and you can grab a tour after lunch.

And if you have the time to grab dinner and drinks, the Safehouse is also a Bucket lister even if you don't have a bucket list. Try to go when the Magic Bar is open.

Ugh, Solly's, no. A pool of butter on your plate is really just going overboard. You can request easy butter or no butter, at least. But frankly the burgers themselves just aren't that great anyway. Plus the "stewed onions" are about as meh as you'd expect them to be. I'd much rather have a burger from Kopp's a few blocks north (which are also butter burgers, but they only use about a tablespoon at most per burg), plus then you can get custard.

Sprecher is ok, but the sodas are better than the beers.

Also Safehouse has been remodeled because it was bought by a corporate powerhouse, Marcus. I haven't been since reopen, but it looks like it's lost a lot of its charm.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Pubic Lair posted:

I'm actually closer to Chicago so I haven't been in a few years, Bummer, though according to recent articles they are talking about opening more locations around the US which if done correctly would be neat. Seeing as it's a corp they will probably be Bubba Gump/Dicks last resort/Hardrock clones with poo poo on the walls.

I mention Solly's because it was in the documentary. Honestly you could make a Milwaukee Burger Documentary or entire series there are so many noteworthy places.

Off the top of my head

Milwaukee
Solly's
Sobelmans
AJ Bombers
Kopps

Racine has
Ron's Place
Captain Mikes
The Spot

Sobelman's overpriced, overhyped poo poo. Solly's at least has some history to back up the crazy gimmick thing. Current top MKE burgs (in no particular order): Oscar's pub and grill, Kopp's, Mazo's, Dr. Dawg, Nite Owl, North Ave Grill

Only been to The Spot in the Racine list, but it was tasty. Better than that other drive in with velveeta...I forget its name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Shooting Blanks posted:

I burged today at Bramble. It's better than Lankford.

What you don't see is the homemade mustard, and that the meat is stuffed with Redneck Cheddar. Easily a top 5 burger of all time for me.

Edit: I spel gud.

they need to serve food on a loving plate ugh

• Locked thread