Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Do you gently caress on first date:

Yes - winner
No - pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
ladies

ladies where are you going??

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
please validate my existence with sex dont run haha ill find you

naem
May 29, 2011

Literal Carehaver posted:

please validate my existence with sex dont run haha ill find you

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

love hiking
Love adventures
Love neil gaiman
Love stephen fry
Message me if you want to!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

toggle posted:

love hiking
Love adventures
Love neil gaiman
Love stephen fry
Message me if you want to!

Nothing wrong with Stephen Fry. Or Neil Gaiman, really, other than the fact that I mentally add 50 pounds to anyone who claims to be a huge fan.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Bert Fegg posted:

I did try a little experiment recently for a couple of months - I went radically honest in my profile. Talked about enjoying video games, MST3K, SF, etc etc and just generally acknowledged a lot more of reality than is a good idea. Results were about what you'd expect. Messages from ugly grannies didn't drop off much, but the primo results went into a radical dive. To be fair, labeling yourself as a manchild is never going to be a selling point for a guy, but it's not offset by demonstrating that you're a competent adult as well.

Women can get away with that kind of thing. As a guy you have to generate a value proposition. Creating an image as a functional normal is more important than truth. They can learn about the real you as things go along. That being said, as a disclaimer I did start talking to one woman who would be a great match, and who is even attractive. It's just a drat shame that she lives thousands of miles away. YMMV.

edit - Switched the profile back to Really Normal Guy, Honestly about two hours ago. Already got favourited twice :toot:.

I could reliably rep myself as a doctor to anyone who doesn't work in medicine already and it's vaguely tempting to lift the cover and hit that big old red switch. Then when they find out the truth blame them for being shallow.

The truth is I'm a 6'3" white guy who can read a book, isn't fat, and isn't a weener boy BUT the issue is that I expect the girl to put as much into A RELATIONSHIP as I do and if you say that so that she understands what you're saying oh baby look at them run. Of course there's lots of girls out there that can do that but those girls don't have issues finding and keeping a decent guy around and many of them have social skills / are willing to drink / don't have profound sexual hangups and those sorts of combos exempt them from the internet.

What I'm saying is I'm a real great guy and a piece of poo poo.

Waltzing Along posted:

Do you gently caress on first date:

Yes - winner
No - pass

If they say No and they say Catholic it actually means Yes.

If they say No and they're a librarian they drat well mean it.

Pon de Bundy posted:

i like 2 message slightly older muslim and hindu girls because if they arent married by then, there is definitelyyyyyyyyyy something wrong with them.

Crushingly introverted second generation Asian girls working nonsocial jobs ~~~

raton fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Feb 10, 2015

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

argh there's a bug on my screen

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Zeroisanumber posted:

Nothing wrong with Stephen Fry. Or Neil Gaiman, really, other than the fact that I mentally add 50 pounds to anyone who claims to be a huge fan.

the keyword here is huge

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

my soft tittied, cellulite riddled okc valentine

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
okcupid is e z but its gotten boring, i want the Old Ways back.

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

:fella:Life is overwhelming:fella:

Bert Fegg posted:

I did try a little experiment recently for a couple of months - I went radically honest in my profile. Talked about enjoying video games, MST3K, SF, etc etc and just generally acknowledged a lot more of reality than is a good idea. Results were about what you'd expect. Messages from ugly grannies didn't drop off much, but the primo results went into a radical dive. To be fair, labeling yourself as a manchild is never going to be a selling point for a guy, but it's not offset by demonstrating that you're a competent adult as well.

Women can get away with that kind of thing. As a guy you have to generate a value proposition. Creating an image as a functional normal is more important than truth. They can learn about the real you as things go along. That being said, as a disclaimer I did start talking to one woman who would be a great match, and who is even attractive. It's just a drat shame that she lives thousands of miles away. YMMV.

edit - Switched the profile back to Really Normal Guy, Honestly about two hours ago. Already got favourited twice :toot:.

my profile was just me listing off every thing i (nd my ex) hated about myself. it turns out that horny young alt girls don't actually read the profiles!

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Pon de Bundy posted:

okcupid is e z but its gotten boring, i want the Old Ways back.

whatever you say Hussein Bin Laid

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm the basic bitch that doesn't have a movie or band in her favorites list from before 2011 but has "I just don't believe any one person can sum themselves up with a paragraph!" in their summary.

Like I never used to see that poo poo but there's some iteration in like 50% of the profiles I saw. It's definitely a generational thing too because it only seems to be on ladies profiles under 25 and I never met someone that was so far up their own rear end they Couldn't Possibly describe themselves in a few sentences.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm also the even basicer bitch that works as a secretary downtown for some dude that just wants to nail her stupid rear end that never graduated college and makes 24K a year but insists she has a "plan" and mentions you needing to have one too some 4 times throughout her bible of a profile.

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

:fella:Life is overwhelming:fella:
you sound pretty lonely, dude

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Six things i could never do without:
Oxygen
Food
Water
Air
Clothes
I dunno

Most private thing I'm willing to admit:
Nothing lol

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Fonzarelli posted:

Oxygen
Food
Water
Air
Clothes
I dunno

iphone

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Doo Do Chasers posted:

im really horny and high

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

you should message me if:
u want to

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

The Doo Do Chasers posted:

nah, it's easy to get jaded by getting matched with dregs

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Fonzarelli posted:

Nothing lol

If I admit it it wouldn't be private ;)

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Fonzarelli posted:

Oxygen
Food
Water
Air
Clothes
I dunno

Nothing lol

Hiking

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Fonzarelli posted:

Oxygen
Food
Water
Air
Clothes
I dunno

Nothing lol

Cool thing about okcupid: you can leave a section empty and it just doesn't show up on you profile. Terrible thing about okcupid: I dunno, hiking? You tell me.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

The Twinkie Czar posted:

Cool thing about okcupid: you can leave a section empty and it just doesn't show up on you profile. Terrible thing about okcupid: I dunno, hiking? You tell me.

Having adventures.

Pringleton
Jul 21, 2008
I don't do online dating because it only occurs to me when I'm feeling my worst. There's no point signing up when I know my profile is basically going to say 'I am an awful, self-absorbed dude, who can't handle a real relationship, and has nothing to offer to a woman. Note that in almost all of my pictures I look drunk, and in the others I look hungover. This is literally everything there is to say about me as a person. pls respond.'

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Waltzing Along posted:

I've never even seen a 99% match.

99% matches only exist if the person is on the other side of the country and hasn't logged in in the last year.

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
Okcupid is great in college towns. Sucks if you are in Bumblefuck, Nowhere.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
A little bird told me that the woman in the OP has a blog.

:nws: http://bitchybitchbitches.blogspot.com/

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

whoa nelly

Bert Fegg
Sep 3, 2006

Fonzarelli posted:

whoa nelly

As your attorney I advise you that this is a perfectly sensible thing for you to do as a man, and there are no potential downsides at all.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Fonzarelli posted:

whoa nelly

be that sperm donor

thekgb
May 8, 2005

Komitet Gosudarstvennoy Bezopasnosti: Still watching you!
Why would someone who hates women be on a dating site? That seems like something that would be more likely to bring them near women, rather than away from them.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Fonzarelli posted:

deleted it because it was too depressing to exist, sorry guys

tell her other message came up with an error and resend it or somethign. geeze

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ

thekgb posted:

Why would someone who hates women be on a dating site? That seems like something that would be more likely to bring them near women, rather than away from them.

from what i've gathered in this thread if you're on a dating site you have very little chance of talking to a woman

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

The best is when white men messaged me, an obviously ethnic brown person, and the first thing in their questionnaire was "Would you prefer to be with someone of your own race?" "Yes" especially if there was an (almost always racist) reason written behind it. Yet these guys would message me anyway. Why I'd love to be called "one of the good ones" while watching your family uncomfortably clutch their purses tighter when I go over to meet them!

Another time I messaged a guy who seemed to have similar interests and happened to be Asian. He sent a weirdly mean message insulting me, which was weird and gross but considering I was young/cute at the time and had other men to choose from on OKC I could care less and brushed it off.
A couple of days later his face pops up on my list of matches and I click his profile again out of curiosity, only to see see "don't message me if you're a friend of the family or spic" :stonk:

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Cuckoo posted:

The best is when white men messaged me, an obviously ethnic brown person, and the first thing in their questionnaire was "Would you prefer to be with someone of your own race?" "Yes" especially if there was an (almost always racist) reason written behind it. Yet these guys would message me anyway. Why I'd love to be called "one of the good ones" while watching your family uncomfortably clutch their purses tighter when I go over to meet them!

Another time I messaged a guy who seemed to have similar interests and happened to be Asian. He sent a weirdly mean message insulting me, which was weird and gross but considering I was young/cute at the time and had other men to choose from on OKC I could care less and brushed it off.
A couple of days later his face pops up on my list of matches and I click his profile again out of curiosity, only to see see "don't message me if you're a friend of the family or spic" :stonk:

It's the classic minority self-loathing projected onto other minorities.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Smash it Smash hit posted:

tell her other message came up with an error and resend it or somethign. geeze

this would be a good way to see how people revise their messages after the initial rush of hormones has worn off

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Cuckoo posted:

I met my black girlfriend through okcupid and through her learned that there apparently there are a lot of dudes (and not just white ones) that fetishize black girls with one hand and hit all the "you're not like other black people" notes with the other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kempy
Dec 15, 2009

Not a Children posted:

I met my black girlfriend through okcupid and through her learned that there apparently there are a lot of dudes (and not just white ones) that fetishize black girls with one hand and hit all the "you're not like other black people" notes with the other

if you're white and you are dating a black girl how long until you call her 'dark chocolate'?
would u bring it up first or just go for it

i probably wouldn't say it

• Locked thread