Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Doom is awesome because I can easily replace all of the sound effects with clips of me imitating the sound effects.

e: Also q3 is loving trash compared to UT. Eat poo poo, dumbskull lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Which is the best?

Hexen, heretic, blood

halwain
May 31, 2011
FPS were kinda bad until Halo was released.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Black Baby Goku posted:

Which is the best?

Hexen, heretic, blood

Hexen is garbage, other two are pretty decent,

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Quirk posted:

quake had the same level of intensity but compacted in smaller pockets because they were training you for multiplayer in an environment that used mlook for the first time in 3d. case in point, what makes you say gently caress more: a room of pinkies or a handful of those god drat leaping fiends or spawns or ogres actually gently caress every enemy in quake they all make you work to kill them

Ifk i never had much trouble with any of the enemies in quake but there are still parts of ultimate doom that are a bitch

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Black Baby Goku posted:

Which is the best?

Hexen, heretic, blood

Modern Warfare 2

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Modern Warfare 2

the only good FPS IMO.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Evolve

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

That had potential and I wish it didn't suck.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

E:lol:ve

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ron Pauls [backwards E]volve

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
heretic's tome of power is the best fps item but blood is the only one of those that i'd say is a good game

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hellraid

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
heretic 2 was pretty fun but it wasnt even an fps

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Larry Parrish posted:

heretic 2 was pretty fun but it wasnt even an fps

I don't even see that on steam

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
we should just ban every bad opinion haver in this thread because its becoming a regular house of horrors in here

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Heretic is amazing. gently caress.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Doom is better than Quake.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Doom is better than Quake.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Quake is good, though, and if someone wanted to earnestly argue that Quake was better, I would disagree, but wouldn't think they were being fucktarded. Unlike any Marathon game.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Alain Post posted:

Quake is good, though, and if someone wanted to earnestly argue that Quake was better, I would disagree, but wouldn't think they were being fucktarded. Unlike any Marathon game.

This.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
The barcode on original Marathon boxes said DOOMSUCKS iirc

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Doom/Doom 2 are god-tier but I played a shitload of Quake III back in the day and it was super fun

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its kind of cool how much the quake 3 engine evolved as more devs used it. Alice and jedi academy looked really good when cranked up to max

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Doom my rear end, Quake my balls.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

its kind of cool how much the quake 3 engine evolved as more devs used it. Alice and jedi academy looked really good when cranked up to max
The Star Trek Elite Force games were pretty good and looked real nice at the time

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Gigante posted:

The Star Trek Elite Force games were pretty good and looked real nice at the time

You have brain AIDS. sick human being!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Black Baby Goku posted:

You have brain AIDS. sick human being!
gently caress

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

pics from jedi academy moviebattles mod

lighting

reflective surfaces

bloom

kind of a big step from a game that looked like this

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Feb 13, 2015

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011
Magic Carpet

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Bobnumerotres posted:

pics from jedi academy moviebattles mod

lighting

reflective surfaces

bloom

kind of a big step from a game that looked like this

The last screenshot looks way better you freak

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Sir AIDS posted:

The last screenshot looks way better you freak

This.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Just piping in to say that, apart from a couple things, the new game Wickland is better than UT, at least for 1v1, if your into this kind of stuff.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The only problem is it's being released in an era where people don't get into something requiring much thought if there isn't a 20 thousand dollar tournament behind it... It's really simple on its face technically although going very fast is kind of tricky and aiming is just how aiming always is, but there's enough to it strategically or whatever that anyone inclined to playing it at all is going to be playing at a level that just makes anyone else not even want to bother once they jump into a server, so it's another dead out the gate arena shooter. Well it's also graphically kind of weird and configuring it sucks balls at the mome, but whatever.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
the audience for these games in 2015 is mainly hypothetical.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

zen death robot posted:

So no one plays it, it looks weird and it's also a pain in the rear end to configure

Heh, but seriously. That is enough talk about my dick.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

zen death robot posted:

So no one plays it, it looks weird and it's also a pain in the rear end to configure

It's not a pain in the rear end to configure other than being on unreal engine. It just doesn't have a very good menu.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And weird I just mean, a lot of other arena FPSes have fullbrights or really readable graphics but Wickland is extremely brown and the player models are also brown.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Also the names of the monsters you morph into isn't a very good way to name weapons since, for example, the Fish monster is named Tass, and what it is is a lightning gun mixed with the shock rifle ball. Guess what Ixi, the bat does. It's a plasma gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

And weird I just mean, a lot of other arena FPSes have fullbrights or really readable graphics but Wickland is extremely brown and the player models are also brown.

boy i cant wait to play this

• Locked thread