Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer
Watched my first game of DzC today, I'm pretty sold on it now. Love the look of the Resistance as it reminds me very much of the GLA from CNC Generals.
Annoyingly they are the most expensive starter. I imagine the cheapest place to get starters are at the usual suspects like Miniature Market?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer
I've always liked the look of DzC Resistance and have found a club nearby that has some players.
Generally speaking though is now a dumb time to get into it?
As I've seen a bit of uncertainty around it regarding the buyout and the new version.

Other question is how playable is the game with a starter - or are you obliged to shell out two starters/etc to get a 1-1.5K force immediately?

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer
Salute is this weekend and there are some crazy rear end deals going on.
Sadly the resistance starter appears to be rare for some reason.

Assuming everything was crazy cheap/money was no object what would one buy to get 1500 points of UCM?
2x Starters + a bunch of blisters?

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer
Fired you through a PM with the DfC stuff.
So is it worth picking up an fleet deal for 50 pounds then?

UCM wise, 2 starters, a kodiak and a droneship seem like a decent start.
What else would be worth picking up?

Soggy Chips fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Apr 10, 2018

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer
hmmmmm it's just very hard to resist starters for 10 quid.

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer

TTerrible posted:

Uh, I'll be buying a lot of dropfleet.

:homebrew: is the general theme of Salute I'm getting

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0965/1274/files/Dropzone_Commander_Rulebook_2.0.4.pdf?4371357113980009801

Drop zone open beta rules are out.
For someone who only read the 1.1 rules I'm not sure of the subtleties of the changes to deployment and shooting after landing makes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer
new unit profiles are up for DzC
https://ttcombat.com/pages/dropzone-commander-resources