Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wind Tempest
Oct 9, 2007

I am the culmination of all that is wrong with japan.
Looks good, but your Zeus is going to be stuck in the back ranks for the entire battle. I have never used Janus scouts so I don't know how good they are. Similarly, how are Menchits working out for you? I don't use them since I prefer demolition and infantry warfare over fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wind Tempest
Oct 9, 2007

Ugleb posted:

Thought occurred, one change to make with your army as-is would be to split out the Ares/Phobos into two separate battlegroups. Always take the max number of battlegroups to give yourself more flexibility.

If you don't mind adding the Triton A1's to your collection, I'd be tempted to go with this:

Standard Army
Skirmish: 748/750 points
Standard Army
PHR Standard Roster [748/750 pts]

Hand of the Sphere [237 pts]
Command Squad: Zeus(War Advisor), Zeus, Neptune [237 pts]

Battle Pantheon [171 pts]
Battle Squad: 2x Phobos, Neptune [171 pts]

Immortals [104 pts]
Immortals: 2x Immortals, Triton A1 [104 pts]

Immortals [104 pts]
Immortals: 2x Immortals, Triton A1 [104 pts]

Pegasus Group [132 pts]
Janus Squad: 4x Janus, 2x Triton A2 [132 pts]

That double Zeus squad replaces the Ares but would soak up a fair bit of fire in a game of this size and you would have plenty of AA to mess up your opponent. The downside here is that your Tritons are unarmed so doing nothing but move stuff about which is an edge the Neptunes hold over them.

If you downgrade the second Zeus to an Odin, you can turn those Tritons into a pair of Juno A2s with a Neptune if you want extra durability.

Wind Tempest
Oct 9, 2007

Ugleb posted:

I have yet to find a situation where a Juno A2 was able to do anything useful with its weapons. :(
Resistance has those biker infantry. With a Drill they can attack from behind your front lines so that might be something. But yeah, they are the thrifty choice.

I can't say too much about them. My PHR 750 point go to army is a whole lot stranger:

Standard Army
Skirmish: 750/750 points
Standard Army
PHR Standard Roster [750/750 pts]
Battle Pantheon [306 pts]
Type 1 Walker Squadron: 2x Phobos, Neptune [171 pts]
Angelos Jetskimmer: 2x Angelos, Neptune [135 pts]
Immortals Phalanx [237 pts]
Immortals: 2x Immortals, Neptune, 2x Juno A1 [165 pts]
^ Sharing ^ Immortals: 2x Immortals [72 pts]
Heavy Pantheon [207 pts]
Angelos Jetskimmer: 2x Angelos(+Immortals), Neptune [207 pts]

Wind Tempest
Oct 9, 2007

Just wait for the White Mage variant of the Hades. White nanomachines everywhere.

I would totally field it.

Wind Tempest
Oct 9, 2007

dexefiend posted:

I have about 200 bucks to spend on PHR.

What should I buy?

I was thinking:
Starter, Zeus blister, Triton A2 blister, Janus Blister

but, then some goon comes in talking about Angelos swarm, and i get confused.
I would say replace the Janus Blister with the Mercury Drones. Those guys are super useful for objectives while still being fast enough to help out. They also give the Tritons a pair of E10 missiles for free to give it a chance at cracking some of the bigger tanks. Other than that I think that is a good start.

Wind Tempest
Oct 9, 2007

DJ Dizzy posted:

Either this can go terrible or extremely well.

[size=150]Standard Army[/size]
Clash: 1493/1500 points
Standard Army
  • PHR Standard Roster [1493/1500 pts]
    • [color=#915591]Hand of the Sphere[/color] [380 pts]
      • Nemesis: Nemesis(Grand Vizier), Poseidon [380 pts]
    • [color=#98741F]Battle Pantheon[/color] [414 pts]
      • Battle Squad: 4x Ares, 2x Neptune [248 pts]
      • Battle Squad: 2x Phobos, Neptune [166 pts]
    • [color=#697641]Immortals[/color] [212 pts]
      • Immortals: 2x Immortals, Neptune, 2x Juno A2 [140 pts]
      • ^ Sharing ^ Immortals: 2x Immortals [72 pts]
    • [color=#697641]Immortals[/color] [212 pts]
      • Immortals: 2x Immortals, Neptune, 2x Juno A2 [140 pts]
      • ^ Sharing ^ Immortals: 2x Immortals [72 pts]
    • [color=#A29B28]Heavy Pantheon[/color] [275 pts]
      • Hades: Hades, Poseidon [275 pts]
You are going to need at least another Pair of Phobos otherwise your opponent is going to be flying all over the place.

Wind Tempest
Oct 9, 2007

Only reason why I play feral resistance is because of Salakahn. I am fielding an old earth army. All tanks all the time. None of this re-purposed mad max stuff.
I also play PHR.

Wind Tempest
Oct 9, 2007

Yeah Dropfleet Commander is real and the models of the UCM ships are pretty awesome. I can't wait to see the PHR ships.

There are a few interviews of Dropfleet commander on youtube. Mechanics wise I love the justification for arbitrary ranges they used for Dropzone Commander and how they justify infinite ranges for Dropfleet commander(ecm and eccm along with ship actions affect how easy it is for the ship to be hit).

The standard map size is supposedly the size of Spain/France so I am eager to pull out large maps of countries to use as terrain.

Wind Tempest
Oct 9, 2007

Ugleb posted:

Ok, someone explain this to me because it isn't making sense. Looking at the experimental rules for the Immortal Longreach Team, their transport options say this:

Transport -1x Triton A1, Strike Dropship (2 units each) or: 1x Juno A1/2 (2 units each). In addition, may share 1x
Neptune Medium Dropship with any of the following: AM Rifle Team, Immortals Squad or Sirens Squad, providing
they are both mounted in Juno A1/2 IFVs.

Now 'AM Rifle Team' is referring to the Longreach Team themselves as Hawk switched names at some point, but its the sharing transport with Sirens that I can't figure out. Longreach teams are a basic troops choice, Sirens are exotic. How do you get the two into the same battlegroup and into Juno's? You can put Sirens into Angelos skimmers as a support choive, but that is as close as I get. What do we think, miss-print or is something changing here?

Hawk has a tendency to add stats and rules that don't make sense yet. He tries to future proof his rules. In the event that he adds some rule or commander that allows the Siren to be taken as a Troop choice or modifies the Infantry Battlegroup to have exotics(like resistance).

Wind Tempest
Oct 9, 2007

Me and my friends got the captain level kickstarter. We each player PHR, Shaltari and UCM so all those Scourge ships have no owner. We are thinking of throwing all of them at another Friend to get him hooked.

We are also going to bug a couple of large maps for our terrain.

Wind Tempest
Oct 9, 2007

wdarkk posted:

Ugh, how do you rename an army in FFoR?

Right click on the name you want to change, it should give you the option to change it.

Also, the PHR ship designs are a bit of a hit or miss with me. Some of them have silly over bites while others make it look sleek and awesome. A couple remind me of the sunfish.

Wind Tempest
Oct 9, 2007

I'm going to paint my PHR fleet like Koi Fish.

Wind Tempest
Oct 9, 2007

I am curious how Scourge and PHR play out. Both seem to be close range sluggers.

My first world problem at the moment seems to be whether I want to turn my station kit into one massive space colony or a bunch of smaller stations.

Wind Tempest
Oct 9, 2007

Tanith posted:

Thanks.

Which ship is this one?

That is the civilian luxury cruise liner.

There will be a special game mode using that model.

Wind Tempest
Oct 9, 2007

I am a sucker for resistance tanks and the PHR organ gun colors me interested. Once I have more money saved up I am going to get two sets of those. I don't think rules have been posted for those yet, have they?

Wind Tempest
Oct 9, 2007

Those bases are amazing. I was thinking that it would be cool to use telescoping flight stands to show orbital layers, but couldn't find a good deal on getting those in bulk.

Wind Tempest
Oct 9, 2007

wdarkk posted:

So if any of you have resistance fleet sets, what are you planning on building? I'm considering a cruiser or heavy cruiser with dual missile banks, engine refit, scanner array, and maybe ablative armor to try and out-Wyvern the Wyvern.

I haven't picked up any resistance ships yet(been wanting to make an EAA fleet), but massing low power weapons sounds like a fun way to throw more dice.

Wind Tempest
Oct 9, 2007

This caters to my interests. I have always wanted to collect an Old Earth Army style Resistance Army like some sort of alternate universe with the Earth Armies are still slugging it out in a forever war instead of being rolled over in a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wind Tempest
Oct 9, 2007

I am a sucker for the Old Earth Army Military style in the Resistance so those Striker like vehicles are awesome.
Those PHR Jetskimmers are great too although they don't look at beefy as the other PHR Jetskimmers look.