Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Hey, new thread! Snazzy. Time for my yearly check in to see if anyone plays this game in the triangle NC area. I've had a Shaltari starter for ages and I've only played a couple of games since people are too interested in 40k and fantasy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Depends on the scenario I guess, but the couple games I played were mad rushes and calculated sacrifices of armor to protect your infantry and objectives, and eliminate the enemies'. Games are 6 turns, and it takes 2 to reach the objectives generally and 2 to extract off board for the bonus VP.

I found it way more mobile than something like FoW or 40k. Then again, I also have Shaltari, which are all about movement shenanigans.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Regular Shaltari infantry suits already had countermeasures and whatnot. I imagine a "heavy" version is going to be close to as tough as one of their tanks.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
gently caress, I wish I had a place to play this game. Making the Shaltari flying stuff better is awesome, cause the models are awesome but the rules seemed kind of meh previously.