Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
Regarding possible Dropfleet Commander gaming mats. Could it work to get a satellite picture printed on a 4x4' mouse pad by some chinese company?

E: can you make a UCM force without sabre tanks? I really don't like the turret arm. Maybe if I proxied it...

Not a viking fucked around with this message at 18:44 on May 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

The scourge ships look like a cross between a squid, a shark and a whale. Awesome.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

ijyt posted:

2PM GMT, so excited. Especially as a friend is all in for it after desperately looking for BFG models. If its good it might even pull us into DZC.

Same! I am hoping for a starter box + PHR fleet option because I like the look of PHR most in DZC.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Pierzak posted:

I hope so, they look much better than the DZC ones.

Seriously the DZC scourge drop ships look so loving dumb and bad.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Thats how it was done in BFG, so there is no reason Andy isn't going to use the same method with DFC.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

I've never backed a KS, this might be my first. What's the difference between a bolt-on and a stretch goal?

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Looks like Giger's alien.

I... I think I need to back this now :ohdear:

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Right when I decided I can't defend the money and time spent on a game that no one plays around here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Loxbourne posted:

I've just got back from WARFARE in Reading (hey Dropzone goons, I probably spoke to you unawares as I hung around the DzC tables a lot and talked to everybody). Hawk had a medium-sized presence, a little cramped due to lack of space, but they did have a big cabinet full of Scourge ships. I cornered Hawk Simon and had a chat, and some new tidbits came to light - particularly about Scourge frigates.

Firstly, they were showing a new Scourge bombardment frigate. Apparently the Scourge fleet won't have bombardment cruisers, the focus for bombardment missions will be on having the little guys rush through and break past enemy defensive lines to strafe the planet below.

Secondly, remember this guy?

I thought those vertical pipes were going to be some sort of cloud weapon...nope! This class of Scourge frigate has its weapon batteries deliberately fixed upwards, allowing it to ambush ships from below. Schrage musik has come to Dropfleet!

This all suggests Scourge frigate classes will be focussed on being irritating little gits...which is as it should be! I'm suddenly very tempted to run a Scourge "tiny space bastards" force, and look forward to giving it a try.

The other big thing we discussed was post-Kickstarter releases. Simon confirmed that Hawk are planning lots of variant classes like big dreadnoughts, alternate battleships, destroyers for each faction and so on. These are intended to be in resin down the line once the game is released at retail. It's not a particular surprise that Hawk are planning this, but it's good to have confirmation.

Aw gently caress, I just convinced myself I shouldn't do this KS as its so expensive (+25% value added tax for importing other poo poo than books) and I'd really rather have a PHR fleet and I don't have anyone to play against.