Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

ijyt posted:

Yeah I'm glad I'm not alone in this, the Kickstarter crowd has become one of the most entitled I've ever seen.

Yeah, the comments are an absolute cess pool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
Part of me wants to do them in a dazzle scheme... but i know I'd regret it 5 mins in...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dazzle_camouflage

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

LazyAngel posted:

Maybe a simplified version? Use tape to do successive triangular shards in two or three colours.

Yeah that's what I've been thinking of! Got my 5mil masking tape at the ready....

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

What were your impressions of the movement rules? Didn't really see much of then in the videos so far.

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

Ugleb posted:

Something else in the vid that struck me was Dave saying how cruisers are fielded in pairs? That sounds like I cant just build one of everything with my pledge and need to plan ahead more. :/

I think that was light cruisers specifically.

Really looking forward to getting my hands on Dropfleet, can't wait to get stuck in and properly plan my fleets...

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

wdarkk posted:

I'm a little worried that Dave mentioned he hadn't finished writing some stuff for the rulebook, which means that it hasn't even started printing that yet. If Dropfleet hasn't loving arrived by the Nova Open, that Dropfleet tournament they scheduled is gonna be interesting. Maybe they'll use the resin stuff from the demo games?

Judging by the other stuff mentioned (especially the comment that they hadn't finished the space station sprue yet, I'm pretty sure that was filmed in late June-ish (the tool for the station was shown on 4th July). So I wouldn't worry too much!

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
My stuff (Captain pledge with quite a few add ons) is arriving Monday!

I may have already bought and built UCM and PHR starter fleets as well...

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

Arcturas posted:

It's too bad you're in Australia, because if you were US I would gladly take the spare UCM and Scourge off your hands.

Also I am really sad my pledge hasn't shipped yet. Apparently adding stuff in the pledge manager was a terrible idea? I only did it once, but I can't think of any other reason my commodore pledge would be so delayed.

Not sure if that's it- I added stuff and mine arrived a few weeks ago...

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
So, I've written up a scenario for using the Princess liner. Partly inspired by that bit in BSG when the Galactica jumps into the atmosphere, crossed with the idea of Armed Merchant Cruisers.

Basically it's a one shot insertion of a reasonably sized force by the attacking player, balanced with an occupied station for the defender.

Write up is here: https://1drv.ms/w/s!AroX04pj9s2OiE-yGNAvp-3w9Nm5

Thoughts/ comments etc?

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
My various fleets are coming together, with my usual incredibly slow rate of painting.

Anyone seen any decent looking but fairly uncomplicated PHR schemes?
Still a bit undecided on how to do mine.

Sojenus posted:

There's also just me trying to figure out how to smooth down the plastic left over after clipping.

Try shaving down the more obvious bits with a knife, then sand paper to finish.

You can pretty much tell the order I made my PHR in by looking at how obvious the sprue connectors are...

Frobbe posted:

) And because of this, i sought out the facebook group for dropfleet commander. Holy poo poo the anger issues amongst the kickstarter backers! it's so bad they made a seperate group just for those people and it's not even enough to contain their rage.

It's absolutely ludicrous. I can understand the frustration at not getting stuff yet, but the vitriol, conspiracy theories and hyperbole are ridiculous.

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
And talking of the Scourge...

I like it!

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
I'm also pretty sure it's 8 people in the company total, not 8 people doing dispatch.

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

Southern Heel posted:

OK told her to pick up Dropfleet - we both liked the idea of Man O War and BFG so I figure it's a good shot. Is there anything we need to know meta-wise about the 2 player starter set? (i.e. in the 40k 2nd Edition set: don't be the orks if you want to win)

Build the suggested load outs. Each fleet has one (there are sheets in the starter box) and they're balanced against each other.

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
New website with Dropfleet on is finally up at http://www.hawkwargames.com/.

There's also going to be a limited run direct only model for Dropfleet, the UCM Saratoga class Light Cruiser (alternative sculpt for the New Cairo). Looks pretty cool from the teaser image, will probably pick one up as a leader for my New Cairo squadron.

Plus, should be news on wave 2 of KS rewards 'soon'...

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

Ugleb posted:

Either they are calculating by a different metric or Hawk didn't realise how much they still had outstanding. Both seem plausible.

Dropzone v2 is starting to sound like an Autumn release to me. But probably a better package for it.

Given that I just received a second set of ground tokens (only pledged for one- first set arrived last august-ish) I suspect hawk weren't entirely sure what was going on with shipping!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

Slyphic posted:

That's not even a unit in the game right now, at least not one I recognize.

https://ttcombat.com/products/siren-corps-1

?