Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The D's are cool as gently caress! Fair play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Bfg kinda sucks and a new Bfg will also suck. Dropfleet really needs some basic rule revisits not to suck as well though

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Ugleb posted:

There seems to be a large disconnect between TTcombat insisting they do not have a US supply problem, and potential customers not being able to buy stuff.

Something ain't right in the middle somewhere. Either it's not as simple as TTcombat think, or US retailers/distributors aren't motivated enough to get the stock in.
This is also the case in the UK. You can go weeks waiting for a restock of an item but ordering direct gets you it within 5 days.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah I recommend aligning your stickers in a way that makes sense to you. Then clone it, it just makes gameplay easier than playing "hunt for the low orbit" or whatever.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Currently sorting through my extra stuff to sell, pretty much all my 'Zone UCM and some Dropfleet bits, would any goons here be interested in the sector 2 set and kickstarter battlecruiser add-ons?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah, definitely break some of it up. It looks loving awesome mind.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I had one dodgy sheet that was tricky to remove and kept ripping. Same issue?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The games followed a same fate as the CNC franchise too

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Ugleb posted:

They put too much money into hiring known actors to record hammed up videos instead of making the game actually good?
dead as dishwater with people missing it. :(

Tim Curry as a UCM Commander I kind of want to see...

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Does it make the game actually fun in terms of ground combat? Not to be a dig but I'm actually quite sad how much people bounced off this game.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Anyone pedalling the new rules yet? I'm not sure whether to dive back in to DZC/DFC or just sell out entirely with the new editions. I dropped being a Talon due to lack of interest.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Grey Hunter posted:

Someone on facebook confirmed the new damage is Energy+1d6 vs Armour.

So much simpler!

Mission Accomplished.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Is it not just a 4x board game?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

What are they? I'm debating on selling my fleet

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Oh nice, I'm gonna try to convince my locals, I'm flogging/have flogged most of my UCM for Dropzone but I have a softspot for fleet games.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Has there been any movement on Dropfleet since the Battleships launched? I completely stopped playing and resigned from being a Hawk Talon (lack of interest) and then they got bought out by TT Combat. I haven't followed it at all since then, I've sold off my Dropzone stuff but I'm keeping my Fleet because space games are cool...

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

How much have things shaken up? Is there a good consolidated place for the rules? That sounds like a good amount!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

How are the new ships? I've not really played since well before the retail Battle cruisers and the ground combat was a bit of a slog, but I like the aesthetic of the game and love me some spaceships.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I was playing around with the list builder and slapping things that looked neat and this is what I came up with:

Name: New UCM Fleet
Faction: UCM
Launch Value 14 of 15

Vanguard Battlegroup 1
Strategy Rating: 12
1 X Avalon
Admiral: UCM Commodore AV: 3
2 X Lima

Pathfinder Battlegroup 1
Strategy Rating: 11
2 X Vienna
2 X Kiev
5 X Taipei

Line Group 1
1 X Seattle
2 X Lysander
2 X Vancouver

Line Group 2
1 X Seattle
2 X Lysander
2 X Vancouver

Pathfinder Battlegroup 2
Strategy Rating: 7
3 X Santiago
2 X New Orleans
2 X New Orleans

I'll have to price up the nisdongName: New UCM Fleet
Faction: UCM
Launch Value 14 of 15

Vanguard Battlegroup 1
Strategy Rating: 12
1 X Avalon
Admiral: UCM Commodore AV: 3
2 X Lima

Pathfinder Battlegroup 1
2 X Vienna
2 X Kiev
5 X Taipei

Line Group 1
1 X Seattle
2 X Lysander
2 X Vancouver

Line Group 2
1 X Seattle
2 X Lysander
2 X Vancouver

Pathfinder Battlegroup 2
Strategy Rating: 7
3 X Santiago
2 X New Orleans
2 X New Orleans

I'll have to price up the missing pieces and play some in the meantime.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

That does look sweet, but I have no idea on the rules because I found out I sold my rulebook a long time ago, lmao.

I think musing on it, I do remember the ground-game being very important so I might be tempted to bin the Viennas for a Madrid in the Pathfinder Group 2. It's a 1pt change so it's easy to experiment with. The Vienna's seem a little weird, very slow AEGIS ships and with BTLs.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah I've tweaked my list to add the Madrid, I had to move some New Orleans around but its looking okay! I'll have to proxy them and give it a go.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah it's a bit ugly and I usually make a mistake and end up deleting my list rather than going back a screen, that's more on me being a dumbass though. :v:

I do appreciate all the stats being on there though, it does make things helpful. I wish it had the tools of the Infinity Army Builder but that is more of an anomaly in the gaming scene with how good that is.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I think one more wash or a glaze would really get those models to pop, but photographs always murder paintjobs, so I wouldn't worry too much. :)

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Do you guys use the multiple orbital levels much? Me and a friend played some games tonight and found it to be the one rule we didn't use much.

We're going to simplify the ground combat rules to make it faster as it's a drag otherwise.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah sorry, specifically I meant the orbital layers, we were wondering if the game would benefit from being cut to Orbit/Atmo and that was it.

We're currently editing the ground combat rules and removing the dice element from it, we just found it too tedious.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Very true - we'll keep those in as we play more - once we've tried the changed ground combat rules I'll post them up. It's not a major tweak it's just removing the buckets of dice

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Been listing my hawk stuff to sell off as I'm not going to be playing these again sadly but the new wave of UCM Titania stuff is very cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah was for Zone.

I'm listing my fleet off as well sadly. Fun game but it just hasn't got a scene here to kick-start with.