Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Just got my grubby mitts on some more Rapiers, Katanas, Condors and the new Seraphim. I'm going to be a happy chappy building toys this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Ugleb posted:

The new stuff is out then?
It was due out last week according to suppliers but Bank Holiday looks like it hosed up timeschedules and they're available today. :)

Bistromatic posted:

I asked a guy on facebook who posted a picture of some Monitors he got and apparently the new blisters don't include stat cards after all? I'm really looking forward to the new Seraphim though, it's a great model and i can now justify purchasing it :v: (i should still invest in stuff that can actually take focal points though)
No I took a look through the blisters when the delivery came in and no cards at all. Gonna build my Seraphim tonight.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yo UK Goons!

We're looking to run our next Dropzone tournament down here in Firestorm Games in Cardiff, South Wales. Who would be interested in travelling down for a 2 day, 1,500pt tournament on the 28th-29th of May? Garnering feedback as much as possible on numbers. Who would be interested? It's a super chill venue because I'm a super chill dude and should be some fun.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Incy posted:

I am super interested in this and would go.
Sweet, if you use facebook check out the private group Dropzone Dragons, I post in there a lot but will be reposting stuff here and on Hawk forums.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Renfield posted:

If you're in the area, it's worth joining the facebook group and asking around for a game - there's quite a few of us on there, usually someone will be around to game.. and you Might actaually get to see that Rarest of events..
Flipswitch Actaully Playing A Game !

Played more than you in the last two weeks!!

Incy posted:

Sadly I'm not really in the area, but I regularly make trips to Firestorm to play warmachine events. I think it is difficult to justify the time for a single day event.
This means I most likely know you already. Now I am curious on other goons in the area.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Ugleb posted:

I suspect if you go to wargaming events at all then you have probably met other goons and not realised it.
Yeah it's more of a case of who I know. :)

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

krushgroove posted:

Flipswitch, did you just post in the DZC Community group on FB? :) I've posted a bunch in there as well - pictures of the beta games and stuff like that - but only since the beta day.

Is anyone going to Salute? I just got the OK and will be stopping by the Hawk stand but I don't think there's anything I need until DFC comes out.

Yes mate. Feel free to shoot me a friend request so I can get some visual ID and buy you a pint when you're down my neck of the woods. :cheers:

Also, how are the factions rated by AA. Don't have my book but I'm trying to gauge what is nasty and what isn't, especially for my Seraphim as I know they're heavily armoured compared to most.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Apr 3, 2016

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

ERA'd up Sabres would look very loving cool though. Speaking of which, I've started running 6 Sabres to go back to using them over just my Katanas and I'm finding that they're way better the more you get of them, especially with being able to shoot over each other. Am I the only one to find this? I'm trying to figure the best way to support Sabres and I'm thinking Longbows and smoking them, basically like Gladius bricks.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Ugleb posted:

A brick of Sabres is a decent plan IMO. Unless you do what Grey and I did in our early games and just ram a heavy dropship full of sabres into a heavy dropship full of Hunters.

It was the least subtle game ever but stuff did explode.
yeah I'm tempted to try it, I don't own an Albatross though so I'll be packing 6 Rapiers and 6 Sabres into 4 Condors. They won't all be in the same formation but I kinda like the idea of ramming that much armour down someones throat.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Retaliator seems legit. Tho I'm not sure on how barrage is good on it other than point blank big template.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Think I've come up with my first list to test around with the Seraphim and I really want to take two of them. :v:

Kodiak (Captain)
Ferrum

Katana (6)
Eagle

Legionnaires (2)
-Raven
Legionnaires (2)
-Raven
Falcons (2)

Legionnaires (2)
Rapier (3) (Condor/Missiles)

Wolverines (4)

Seraphim Retaliator
Seraphim Retaliator

I usually kind of find my lists tend to go overkill on infantry or anti tank and I have a lot of dudes not doing very much, so I've kind of gone for the inverse here and think I have a good measure of everything. I was tempted to try to run Sabres but I feel like I really really need the demo the Katana's provide. I feel like I'm running light on AA too but then I tend to usually take too much. My past two games I have had exactly one initiative win so I'm taking a Captain. Thoughts?

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Apr 9, 2016

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yo UK Goons, there's a DzC tournament down here in FSG on the 28-29th of May for those who are up for travelling. Standard format of 1,500pts with more details to follow. I slapped up a thread on their forums here for those interested:

http://www.hawkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8222

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Bugger me that'd a beast

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Gaah fast movers are so cool but so frustrating to use sometimes. The availability roll after they've come out of reserve is the most irritating thing ever. Kinda surprised Hawk even implemented it, it's just inherently frustrating when you consider having to hit and then damage afterwards as well.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

wdarkk posted:

Theoretically you can use Forward Observers to auto-pass the availability rule for attack runs (but not intercepts).
Yeah, I only actually realised this was a rule like two weeks ago, so I use a token on one of my squads to remind me of this rule but it's still kinda a lovely fix, you know? At least in my mind. I want to get more use out of my Seraphim at any rate but this rule baffles me.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Like that bloody Medusa, that thing sets me on edge. Thank god for Rapiers.

We're running out second DZC League down here in Cardiff from next week, so I've started playing around with lists. Might run this for the first week:

Standard Army
Skirmish: 849/850 points
Standard Army
  • Standard Roster [849/850 pts]
    • Field Command [334 pts]
      • Rapier Squad: 3x Rapier, Condor [166 pts]
      • Kodiak: Kodiak(Lieutenant) [168 pts]
    • Armored Formation[221 pts]
      • Katana Squad: 3x Katana [111 pts]
      • Eagle: Eagle [110 pts]
    • Legionnaire Corps [88 pts]
      • Legionnaires: 2x Legionnaires, Raven A(+Missile Pods) [88 pts]
    • Legionnaire Corps [88 pts]
      • Legionnaires: 2x Legionnaires, Raven A(+Missile Pods) [88 pts]
    • Expeditionary Group [118 pts]
      • Wolverine Squad: 4x Wolverine A, 2x Raven B(+Missile Pods) [118 pts]

I think the Eagle may be becoming my crutch piece in this game, it's so drat good. :v: I could run a Ferrum but that feels really lame.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Errata update is live: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0159/4298/files/Rules_Update_to_Reconquest_Rulebook_2016.pdf?7966352950210704584

Snipers get Infiltrate (18)!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I picked up Wade earlier, gently caress me that's a big gun.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Working on some models from missing parts blisters/miscast blisters for our store:

PHR ones are on but haven't taken a picture of them yet. Going to mount these on some more irregular shaped plasticard or foam board next and sculpt some wrecks/earth up around them, so some are submerged. The Shaltari walkers have come out really well I think...

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

First game of our league last night, I got to be that guy by taking Katanas/Eagle at an 850pt game.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Any thoughts on taking Condors with Scimitars? they seem pretty ideal to just drive on and leave there, but I'm kind of thinking that I may end up with 100pts of models just sat staring at a lane if my opponent decides "gently caress that".

Curious on how good Rapiers are without a Condor too, kind of want to try them just driving on and being a firebase at the back but that seems hella expensive and slow.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

They wouldn't be bad at doing that themselves either come to think of it.

My list has exactly 31pts spare, I could either deck stuff out with missiles or give them a redeploy Condor. Can I still drive them on and have the Condor fly on for later redeployment if I do take them?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Cheers dude.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah, I think I'll go for that, 31pts is a really annoying number to have left!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

me and a bud had a game a while ago where his Nemesis(? the command one) failed to kill anything of mine over 5 turns. If it missed fine, if it hit it rolled a 1 for damage. My Wolverines and Katanas were a bit stumped by this and shot the living daylights out of it. As did my Seraphim plasma poop.

After testing the Retaliator I really like it too, I think it's way overcosted though (I think this of the Strike Fighter too).

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

wdarkk posted:

There are very few nazi-themed things I'd be comfortable playing a game with.

On the other hand, I could see a Soviet-themed UCM – reclaim the motherland from the invaders and all.
I've done this because I am a lazy nationalistic gobshite for my father's side of the family.

Even got my lil decal stars and everything.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I'll post em there now. Watching people try to defend the Wehrmacht was kind of revolting.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The ramp deployed makes it look really dumb IMO, I quite liked mine once I'd built but but the design itself is a bit bizarre from the get go, it's weirdly over the top for UCM and the double little treads looks kinda dumb. Maybe it would look better if it was a lot flatter like a Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak carrier or something.

For for Welsh/West UK goons! we have a two day tournament just around the corner now with what looks like a decent player number shaping up! but we have the space for more and would love to see you guys down here, info and tickets are here for those curious. http://www.firestormgames.co.uk/dzc-cardiff-call-to-arms-ii

It's a two day event on the 28-29th. Worth coming down for those who haven't seen Firestorm before, because the venue is awesome.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 10:38 on May 20, 2016

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

What sort of rules do people obey with playing Dropzone when it comes to list building? like do you guys have a core armoured group that can survive stuff and hold focal points? I'm sort of bouncing around list ideas but realised outside of take 6x Katanas, Archangel and an Eagle and shoot all the mans. I don't really have a sort of style I like to build towards.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

personally I think you should be proud of the weh- nah I can't even finish that one.

Renfield posted:

If you'd played me you'd know !

I'm tending to go for objective score/deniers first - so infantry (incl the glorious froggy proletariat) and anti-air... and then build around that to support them, but it's hard to leave the new shiny thing that can do What? out of a list.

^^^
And, yes, I'm British.
This is most likely a better way than I am building lists currently. Good idea chap.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Those look gorgeous, hoping it comes out before my birthday. :)

Rules question, can you use the Call for Extraction Command Card on Praetorian Snipers that deploy without a transport? It says destroyed (I think? I don't have access to my cards) so curious if you can, would be a cool way of getting them out of the table. Or being able to attach a transport to them but not having to deploy with them and let it start in reserve.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Bugger. Dave where's my v3 cards!!!

Anyone mind giving me some feedback for a tournament list? we have a two-day event this weekend and I'm trying to finalize what I want to take, this is what I'm leaning towards right now:

Standard Army
Clash: 1500/1500 points
Standard Army
Standard Roster [1500/1500 pts]
Field Command [474 pts]
Kodiak: Kodiak(Captain) [203 pts]
Ferrum: Ferrum [165 pts]
Hazard Suit Team: 2x Hazard Suit, Raven A(+Missile Pods) [106 pts]

Armored Formation [332 pts]
Eagle: Eagle [110 pts]
Katana Squad: 6x Katana [222 pts]

Legionnaire Corps [326 pts]
Legionnaires: 2x Legionnaires, Raven A [80 pts]
Rapier Squad: 3x Rapier, Condor [166 pts]

Legionnaire Corps [80 pts]

Special Ordnance [221 pts]
Longbow Squad: 2x Longbow, 2x Raven B(+Missile Pods) [90 pts]
Scimitar Squad: 2x Scimitar, Condor [131 pts]

Air Wing [67 pts]
Archangel Squad: Archangel [67 pts]

Originally I had Gladius tanks int here instead of Scimitars but found them a bit lacking apart from making GBS threads up table space which is pretty good when it comes to focal points admittedly. I want to test out Scimitars some more as I have very little experience with them, I gave them a Condor to let them redeploy (and deploy if there's no good fire lanes to drive on), but that's not entirely a choice I'm confident with to be honest. Thoughts? (E: Might run the Eagle with the Scimitars maybe, let the Longbows support the Katana's first and lets my demolition activate separately if I want it to).

I usually run a Wolverine A group in some lists but I find them absolutely garbage. I think they may have merit if I run like, 8 of them, but I find they just never have any impact in any games so chinned them off. Praetorian Snipers seem decent but a bit overpriced (and then I'd run a gently caress ton of troops) instead of the Scimitars, but I kinda like the look of this.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 22:58 on May 23, 2016

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Tbh the reason I gave them the condor was because that was how many points I had left and redeploy them if there isn't any good places to drive on to lock down. I could potentially drop them as I haven't used them yet. Add the Longbows to the Katana squad has mentioned and run a scout group with the new points? That forces me to take Wolverines or Snipers though. Not fond of the first ones and the second are untested. This is for a tournament list this weekend so going to have to fly it by the wire anyway. I mean without majorly reshifting my list, what can I spend those points on? Just giving everything missile upgrades feels like a bit of a waste.

Thanks for the replies too both :)

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 13:58 on May 24, 2016

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Those are the sickest nastiest Falcons brah.

Yeah, I like the idea of redeploying the Scimitars mid game when people are more committed to table sections after moving to avoid them, then deploying to shoot people. They're as tanky as Gladii as well, so they can hold focal points once the harder hitting enemy models have been whittled down. I need to sit down and really get to grips with Wolverines, mine have just been shocking. Though after this weekend I do want to play with Praetorian Snipers and see how they work for me. The idea of a SF heavy UCM sounds really cool.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I'm going cock eyed painting these Legionnaires, jesus. At least my other infantry are nicer to look at.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

wdarkk posted:

Any idea when Reconquest Phase 2 ships?
End of this month allegedly!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I hear you can take something for that type of problem.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Man I love Legionnaires but I forget sometimes how bad they actually are. :v: Though I think they're great because they're so drat cheap.+

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Ugleb posted:

If you put enough of them in one place you will eventually out roll your opponent!
yeah this is basically what I'm doing now. I've started taking a full squad in a Condor sharing with a Flak Team to search for objectives and cockblock flyers getting near and flattening every other nearby structure with Katanas. Seems to be working well and will be better Flaks getting buffed in the next book.

I might have to colour co-ord the bases of my Legionnaires though as I'm about to finish painting them all and it's a fuckin mass of dudes.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jun 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I had no idea what those little fuckers did until they sauntered into a building with my Hazards in it.

My Hazards didn't walk out so I shot down their transport and forgot about them, but gently caress me they were evil. Not as horrifying as Destroyers though maybe.