Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dave Brookshaw
Jun 27, 2012

No Regrets
For those who weren't at Invasion, the first set of named characters are up for pre-order on Hawk's site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Brookshaw
Jun 27, 2012

No Regrets

Safety Factor posted:

It's nice to see all of them painted up, but, man, Foley has a really garish color scheme. I was actually a little surprised that they didn't show off the remaining special characters at Invasion. I'm kind of looking forward to when Caine gets released so I have an excuse to run a stupid flying robot circus with my PHR. We got new command options instead so it's not like I'm about to complain.

They had one of the second-wave Resistance Commanders (the one with the giant drill,) but yeah.

I was a bit disappointed that the new PHR HQ unit (not Barros) is *another* Type-4. The Scourge get a funky crab-monster, the UCM that gigantic assault flier, and the PHR get Barros' model with a Hyperion laser as a tail gun.

Dave Brookshaw
Jun 27, 2012

No Regrets
Well, one of the Hawks (either Simon or Dave) said that the Hera, the heavy jump-walker the second PHR named character uses, will probably come out as an independent model as using the sculpt for just her mech would be wasteful.

Dave Brookshaw
Jun 27, 2012

No Regrets
I hardly ever redeploy Mechs as a PHR player. Infantry, sure - they jump in and out of Tritons all the time. Scanner Drones getting back into their Triton a couple of times.

Shaltari players redeploy all the time, and it's them I'm most experienced against. Although my group now has an enthusiastic Scourge player, so we'll see.

Dave Brookshaw
Jun 27, 2012

No Regrets

Ugleb posted:

I have yet to find a situation where a Juno A2 was able to do anything useful with its weapons. :(

That's why they're cheap. Better chances of survival than a Triton, slower, but forget about ever shooting anything.

OTOH, the upcoming wave of mostly-Infantry units is intended to give things like all those coaxial miniguns something to actually shoot.

Dave Brookshaw
Jun 27, 2012

No Regrets

Ugleb posted:

Not cheap enough I say! I genuinely begrudge having to spend points on them so bought two packs of Tritons. ;)

I do agree about the new Infantry though, we might see more opportunities arising if people have reasons to keep infantry out in the open more.

Well, then, rejoice! Hawk issued a new round of errata today, and almost every PHR transport has had a points drop!

Also, they've nerfed Barros already :(

Dave Brookshaw
Jun 27, 2012

No Regrets
The Angelos reclassification means I'll actually take them, now. More expensive than a Juno, but has a gun that's situationally useful.

Dave Brookshaw
Jun 27, 2012

No Regrets

Wales Grey posted:

It means that PHR can no longer take Sirens or Immortals in literally any army battlegroup (excluding air battlegroups). The PHR now needs to actually put Sirens and Immortals in Exoitc and Infantry selections instead of just slotting them into any open "Support" slot.

...I wish I'd thought of that before it got errata'd. drat.

Dave Brookshaw
Jun 27, 2012

No Regrets

Ugleb posted:

Yeah. Pretty much every APC is really underwhelming for its points cost. They do give you a little more survivability compared to a light dropship but they are drat hard to justify.

I would much rather get an actual skimmer tank with demo bonus if I'm going to pay more points than a Triton.

And yeah, it's 1 base per Angelos, which is fine as all phr infantry are two base squads.

My group's meta has swung to "who gets the objective is a crapshoot. Never let them get it off the board" recently - everyone ignores the Shaltari player's walkers to concentrate on downing his gates, etc. Junos have saved more than one match for me by driving hell for leather off the board clutching an objective while their Neptune goes down in flames.

Dave Brookshaw
Jun 27, 2012

No Regrets

LazyAngel posted:

Got to the uk games expo and picked up the Njord/Poseidon pack. Looks like mine has 4 of the missile turrets in - am pretty sure the Njord only mounts 2 of them, so looks like it's magnets-and-making-my-Poseidon-useful time.

Mine had six! Both of my Poseidons are getting magnetised posthaste

Dave Brookshaw
Jun 27, 2012

No Regrets
Oooooh. Okay, that explains why my Lieutenant is still not shipped. I was the one who added every single map pack on for my group.

Dave Brookshaw
Jun 27, 2012

No Regrets
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Lt-backer, and I think getting the map packs for my group has scuppered my chance of getting my pledge before the Holidays.

Dave Brookshaw
Jun 27, 2012

No Regrets
I got the book at UKGE. The Dropfleet material is units (the final versions of Dreads and Destroyers, the new Monitors, and the Remnant Fleet statblocks) but no core rules changes. The Dropzone material is the opposite: the core rules of DZC2, with no unit statblocks at all.

The fluff descriptions of the ground armies of each faction include several units that don't exist (yet?) - the PHR, for example, mentions an alt loadout scout walker that shields infantry, a mized-arms walker between a Phobos and an Ares, a gunship based on a Triton's air frame, and two sorts each of big and very big behemoth. The model they've been showing off is a Cronus, one of the very big ones.

Dave Brookshaw
Jun 27, 2012

No Regrets
Last I saw, TTS dropfleet was a confusing mass of different mods. Which ones are you using?

Dave Brookshaw
Jun 27, 2012

No Regrets
So, years after my group moved over to Dropfleet, I've got a couple of buddies interested in playing Dropzone, so I've been reading the new rules / statcards.

Am I right in thinking that some units are just... Missing? Like, I'm a PHR player, and Hyperions, Enyos, Dianas, Triton-Xs and probably more I'm not remembering aren't in either the stat cards or the army builder on the website.

EDIT: Which is especially odd as Dianas are the newest unit in the army.

Dave Brookshaw fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Feb 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Brookshaw
Jun 27, 2012

No Regrets

Sojenus posted:

Mat looks less blue in those pictures than the first you posted at least, I assume that's just camera/light differences.

The units that were all variants on the same chassis got rolled into one for the sake of reducing SKUs or whatever. So if you want a Hyperion, you pick an Odin and replace the railguns with a laser.

Oh, I see the weapon options now. And an Aether is now just a Helios with an alt weapon, too.

Thanks, everyone!