Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
I've read a large portion of the manual for this and am pretty interested; what's the skinny on all the factions? And how much does the ground game bear into it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Ugleb posted:

Are you asking if there is much crossover between Dropzone and Dropfleet, or how important landing troops is to winning Dropfleet games?

Landing troops is very, very important.

The Dropfleet book has a section on running crossover campaigns between the two games, which could be a fun thing for clubs.

More the second; I picked up the first thing which I absolutely love. It's really rare to see any kind of naval wargame remember that the "shore" has any role at all.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

I asked a while back, but what's the faction calculus like for this? Lookswise I dig the UCM and PHR stuff, but what's the playstyle breakdown like?

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Close action being boarding?

What's the role of carriers? I admit I missed that bit.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

The TTC buyout really does seem to have been an absolute disaster for drop(thing).