Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

All we do is walk around believing birds!
Anomaly infantry (for the forthcoming 32mm game) are up for pre-order.

TTC posted:

We now have our measure of you. You are indeed sufficient. Your response though, thus far, has been disappointing. We see you are distracted by squabbles with fellow, less interesting flesh sentients, so this communique should redress matters.
We are your extinction, at our leisure. During this epoch, we will enjoy your suffering, your endings, and, most especially, the fight we think you will give us.
We endure. We experience. And we are coming for you.

The Borg but triangles instead of cubes, and I guess Dave's been watching Attack on Titan. Kinda disappointingly rubber-suit aliens, compared to the weirdness of the Shaltari and Scourge. The guns also look exactly like their ships, to the point both of these guys look like they really want you to see the latest model kit they built. And it feels like a cheap dig, but in thumbnails the antennae head piece thing looks like two tails of a bandana, so I keep imagining them speaking like West coast 90s thugs.

Slyphic fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Apr 12, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

Sweet. I could use about exactly 3 of the UCM light sprues still. Considering the parts distribution, I'm going to hazard a guess they come three to a box.

That's gotta be the Anomaly's cruiser sprue. I can't intuit what any of the bits are supposed to be, but it looks like two options for light/heavy engines/rear-of-the-ship, and 3-5 functional front bits. Maybe a command add-on as well.

2023 stamps on the sprues means hopefully they're ready to roll out this year.

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

Also hearing from Salute goers that TTCombat says they've got Dropfleet Commander v2 ready for launch later this year.

Can't say I'm excited about that. Dropzone v2 was an omnishambles on launch, and it never at any point was a better designed game than before TTC got a hold of it.

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

The ground game has always been a bit of an albatross around the neck of the rest of the game. It takes far too long to resolve. I, like many other people I know and play with, use the old pre-TTC Hawk TO "Ravanar's Pendulum" system for ground combat resolution, which massively speeds up the game and refocuses it on the most interesting parts - the ships. It was specifically developed for tournaments. L O L if 6 years later TTC/Dave finally admit that this is the superior design.

Like I want a v2 DFC that streamlines ground combat, I just have no faith in TTC to pull it off.

Bioficers; bi-officers? bio-fissers? bi-oafisers? I need to hear Dave pronounce that one.

Slyphic fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 14, 2024

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

I presume as well, but it stumbles off the tongue.

On subsequent thought, aren't the Scourge also bio-artificers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

It would be cool if...

The Shaltari and Bioficers fought to a standstill long ago.

The Scourge are running away from them, having lost their fight against the Bioficers.

The PHR sphere is a Bioficer entity gone deviant, treating flesh things like pets instead of tools.