Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

I think the most important thing to note here is that the dropships actually work as dropships

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

I like my stalkers. I drop them and some Prowlers on top of something and they either run and hide or get shot and bit to poo poo the next turn.

I usually also present a lot of Prowlers and a Backwave Anhilator to support the ground fire though, making them less of a priority target.

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Grey Hunter posted:

I faced them once and spoke to another guy who used them, and they just don't seem to do it - yeah they are a longer more powerful ranged shot, but they are to slow, and 2 extra armour seems to be less useful than the +2 accuracy penalty for shooting at skimmers.

I guess it depends who you're playing. I never really face off against UCM that often, but the skies are choked with blast weapons so I often saw a pack of Hunters get mauled by the large blast, despite the acc penalty

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Leo Showers posted:

I really want to use the AH-16 Cyclones I have, conversely, I'd like to be able to use a commander with the command deck as well.

Nominate a non-command vehicle as command?

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Look at this guy aiming at not the building itself

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Phobos are also pretty ok at wrecking shaltari and scourge skimmers if there's nothing pressing to deal with in the air

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Destroyer increase is probably a good thing since they are so goddamn good

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Oh poo poo I didn't even notice that my loving Command aircraft contribute their value to Focal points now.

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Can someone give me a rundown of how to Shaltari properly? My friend plays them and constantly gets his rear end handed to him by my Scourge

I'd like to help him out so he doesnt quit this glorious game

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Dulkor posted:

Have any of you more experienced players noticed any common pitfalls or traps new folks stumble on while learning?

You can leave the board with objectives. Very few games let you do this so I've seen new players hover around the board trying to outrun reapers when they could just loving leave

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Im just surprised it lost the nanoswarm

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Have they released the new command cards yet? Or announced what theyre gonna be doing with them/is every faction just getting a 3rd edition version

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Meant the ones the unique commanders add

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Pumped for PHR in.... Is drop fleet commander official or working title?

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

I have a big Infinity bag from battlefoam. the 30mm infantry slots work pretty fine for Scourge tanks and pluck foam for whatever weird shapes the big stuff has

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

BULBASAUR posted:

How are those paper building sets? I see they have 2 of them- ruins and regular. At $35 for a 6x4 table it seems like a hell of a good deal.

I have the regular set. It is absolutely fantastic. Im not seeing any wear on mine, but I take good care of them and don't play super regular either. You can also just not glue the top flap of the building so they'll fold back down flat for storage. I want to get the 1x1 ground sections laminated at some point or maybe just glue my favourite side down onto some heavier gauge card stock or maybe even wood. But the buildings are pretty great as-is

I wish there was a 30mm wild west version for Malifaux and scifi for Infinity. Goddamn I've spent way too much on terrain when this could have been an option

TL;DR - Buy your complete table for 35 bucks

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

I can not wait for Dropfleet. I have been wanting an Orbital/Army mixable game forever

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

I do for all my Scourge and PHR but not really too sure about the UCM stuff

The effect is worth figuring out though, looks fantastic when your ships drop off their cargo

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

I tend to mount my flight stands to magnets anyway so if I ever do resistance It'll just involve another magnet on the bottom of whatever tank, similar to what I did with the Scorpion Tank

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

You'd only use the lower value one when the high rank one is dead, no?

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

I really like the look of the scourge dropships when fully loaded. Once they drop their ships though I just drive them into a building out of pure embarrassment

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

I was more interested in the fact it could flat pack back down so I haven't made any changes to it

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

I debate mounting the 1x1 s on a foam board or something

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Fuckin' wizard powers

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Yeah but then your poo poo is all magnetized and when you play at the game store people go

"What the gently caress is THAT game?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

I always found the half move on keeps my tanks too far back to be effective, am I missing something?