Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
It was styled like the first game but set in more urban environments, and their sprites now had clothes similar to the xbox game but without the bling. Also humble bundle was hosting the soundtrack of the game for free, and one of the devs of all three games was doing a q&a.

That's basically it. Pretty cool. However it appears that a brand new game is actually in the works!

original ToeJam & Earl designer Greg Johnson posted:

Greetings from Funkotron! We haven't been posting as often lately because we've gotten really busy with the new TJ&E game. We will be making some announcements in a probably 3 or 4 weeks, when we have something we can show, and will be able to share lots of information with you.

That's some pretty exciting poo poo! It's not everyday you wake up from a dream like that to news like this. Thanks for reading about my Toejam & Earl dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
TJ&E 3 was released on the Xbox

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

The Taint Reaper posted:

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

The Taint Reaper posted:

I understand that, the implication of my dream was that originally there was going to be a 3 on the genesis that was slightly similar but less lovely, and no one knew about it until it suddenly got released out of nowhere.

Anyway hopefully the new one is cool? I fucken love TJ&E

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0w9X-_iipQ

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
I never got to play the one on Xbox. Is it bad? It looked similar to the first game.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

absolutley no one cares

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pcd9VnnXSQ

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmHxl3CYn_U&t=34s

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of "interposition" and "nullification" -- one day right there in Alabama little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight; "and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together."2

This is our hope, and this is the faith that I go back to the South with.

With this faith, we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith, we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith, we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

And this will be the day -- this will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with new meaning:

My country 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing.

Land where my fathers died, land of the Pilgrim's pride,

From every mountainside, let freedom ring!

And if America is to be a great nation, this must become true.

And so let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire.

Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York.

Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania.

Let freedom ring from the snow-capped Rockies of Colorado.

Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of California.

But not only that:

Let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia.

Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee.

Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill of Mississippi.

From every mountainside, let freedom ring.

And when this happens, and when we allow freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual:

Free at last! Free at last!

Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Endorph posted:

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of "interposition" and "nullification" -- one day right there in Alabama little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight; "and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together."2

With this faith, we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith, we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith, we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

And this will be the day -- this will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with new meaning:

But not only that:

And when this happens, and when we allow freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOyHxKI9dcY

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I don't remember that game OP since I had a super nintendo

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

can't believe i clicked this thread

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

:gas:

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Please do not disrespect Toejam & Earl, or my gamer dream

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Swelter Discharge posted:

absolutley no one cares

i care, so you are wrong

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Endorph posted:

I have a dream today!

I have a dream today!

But not only that:

*wipes single tear from his eye* Gamer... Hell... Yeah...

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
hm yeah oop i bet you jerk off to the faggy little eyeball alien and his fat orange friend you queer mother fucker

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
OP you should rename yourself to MarioTeachesWeeping because I cry every time I open your threads.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

The Taint Reaper posted:

OP you should rename yourself to MarioTeachesWeeping because I cry every time I open your threads.

that wouldn't fit idiot

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
The Taint Weeper

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Not really on topic, but has anyone ever noticed that the sprite for tails includes a darker pixel where his butthole should be?

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

Did you have to clean your sheets afterwards?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Jawtramp
Nov 27, 2010

by XyloJW

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Not really on topic, but has anyone ever noticed that the sprite for tails includes a darker pixel where his butthole should be?

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

now taking bets for when TBG will have his next probation and/or meltdown

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

MarioTeachesWiping posted:

I never got to play the one on Xbox. Is it bad? It looked similar to the first game.
It's like most early Xbox games in that it has some alright ideas but is in this weird bad adolescent period of 3D gaming. It's like Munch's Odyssey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkCQliQZEEM&t=40s
Here is the game's character select and intro which set the tone for the piece. Notice the blackitude and ship from TJ&E1.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Heran Bago posted:

It's like most early Xbox games in that it has some alright ideas but is in this weird bad adolescent period of 3D gaming. It's like Munch's Odyssey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkCQliQZEEM&t=40s
Here is the game's character select and intro which set the tone for the piece. Notice the blackitude and ship from TJ&E1.

This is pretty embarrassing. I liked the way the dreamcast beta looked though.

Still hype for this potential new game in the series. Anyone else like the second game? I think it's a fun rear end platformer. Really cool looking genesis game, too.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Seriously cannot believe that Sega rendered Tails' Butthole. Was this an oversight or was it some designer's idea of a sick joke?

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Seriously cannot believe that Sega rendered Tails' Butthole. Was this an oversight or was it some designer's idea of a sick joke?

yeah, it's pretty fucken funny

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

My life is the most blessed and most cursed in existence (blessed spiritually, cursed physically)

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It makes horny since I'm gay

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
t&e for the genesis was my favorite game ever and I really wanted more of that gameplay, maybe more refined. T&E for the xbox was not that, I watched some of it on youtube and it seems to suck donkey balls.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
Wow, what a cool dream. /sarcasm

LOSER!!!!

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
you are breaking my heart op

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Imp Zone does it again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lC-f-s0XbQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXbj1xun1Lg

Too bad Tails Butthole didn't live to see it. :(

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
i never played the first one but Funkotron owned as was a staple among game rentals in our house. good for them, game will be funky

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Toejam and Earl III is a quality game gently caress the haters. For real, really play it some time, it's a good time. One of those games I go back and play again every few years.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
haters? sometimes I feel like the first being the best is the most common opinion actually.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Endorph posted:

I have a dream today!

I have a dream today!

But not only that:

friend of the family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

program666 posted:

haters? sometimes I feel like the first being the best is the most common opinion actually.

I said III, as in the third one, which a lot of people seem to hate a lot for some reason.

Most people I've seen online either like the first game or second game and dislike the opposite (and don't acknowledge or dislike the third). I like them all, although the first game is definitely my favorite. Third is my second fav, and then ready, aim, tomatoes and then the second. :v: They are all good games though.

• Locked thread