Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Heran Bago posted:

Imp Zone does it again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lC-f-s0XbQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXbj1xun1Lg

Too bad Tails Butthole didn't live to see it. :(

I am considering donating to a kickstarter for the first time in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
This also looks almost exactly like the game I dreamed about, too.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

MarioTeachesWiping posted:

This also looks almost exactly like the game I dreamed about, too.

Your dreams are gay

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Fargield posted:

Your dreams are gay

Lol.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Light Gun Man posted:

I said III, as in the third one, which a lot of people seem to hate a lot for some reason.

Most people I've seen online either like the first game or second game and dislike the opposite (and don't acknowledge or dislike the third). I like them all, although the first game is definitely my favorite. Third is my second fav, and then ready, aim, tomatoes and then the second. :v: They are all good games though.
I'm blind it seems, yeah I watched some footage from III and I have to say that didn't seem like a good game. Also I didn't even knew ready, aim, tomatoes existed before your post.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
There's weird attitudes on the internet about the third game, like how if you look at youtube comments about the Dreamcast beta you see stuff saying it "looks so much better than that garbage on xbox" or whatever when it's nearly identical. I think this new kickstarter game is actually quite similar looking conceptually as well. The pitch is all "oh we took the first game and ideas from the second too and made it into a 3D field" and uh...that's exactly what III is.

Basically it feels like there is some weirdly common "I like toejam and earl, but only one or two, and three is supertrash garbage, but I didn't every actually play it" thing going on. Maybe it's just Sega console warriors that won't move on, I don't know. Three's a good fuckin game that's fun to play and has some solid jokes. I guess some people are just really racist and are surprised to see Big "Rappin'" Earl "suddenly" enjoying rap music.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I disliked 3 because the gameplay doesn't look like the first one basically. And it looks like some weak sauce 3d platformer.
What I want from this new tj&e is that they work on the things that make the first one the best game on the genesis:
- being kind of a action-roguelike with random generation, secret passages and having to identify items
- having to run from enemies most of time, since you shouldn't have ways to engage them in the first place
- being generally hard to engage enemies even when you have proper items to do so (like tomatoes), this happened because the controlers were a big wonky but it could be done some other way
- enemies that will gently caress your poo poo if you're not careful and that will force you to use multiple items since it's hard to engage them even with items (like the bugah bugah)
- enemies that cause shenanigans to happen like that dancing lady and the cupid
- having a environment for multiplayer shenanigans to happen like skate rockets that change direction when you bump on one another

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
bookmarking this thread just in case theres another cyra meltdown

missed seeing the last few unfold

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

program666 posted:

I disliked 3 because the gameplay doesn't look like the first one basically. And it looks like some weak sauce 3d platformer.
What I want from this new tj&e is that they work on the things that make the first one the best game on the genesis:
- being kind of a action-roguelike with random generation, secret passages and having to identify items
- having to run from enemies most of time, since you shouldn't have ways to engage them in the first place
- being generally hard to engage enemies even when you have proper items to do so (like tomatoes), this happened because the controlers were a big wonky but it could be done some other way
- enemies that will gently caress your poo poo if you're not careful and that will force you to use multiple items since it's hard to engage them even with items (like the bugah bugah)
- enemies that cause shenanigans to happen like that dancing lady and the cupid
- having a environment for multiplayer shenanigans to happen like skate rockets that change direction when you bump on one another

A lot of these things were absolutely in three. You do have a mostly reliable method of combat in III but some enemies will be too strong for you and you'll have to find alternative means to deal with them or run away. The music minigame thing is a strong and useful weapon in those cases but it's a minigame so you need some level of skill to use it. The platforming is about as common as it is in the first game, aka spring shoes and wings let you skip over gaps in the path but otherwise it's walking. There are a few challenge things or hidden items that have you bounce off trampolines or something but that's about it. You do need to ID presents. Dancing ladies are still there. Boogeymen and Dentists still there, still assholes, now joined by fuckin medusa babies. If you watched a video and it made it look nothing like the original and like a lovely platformer instead, the video fuckin lied.

Alright I'll shut up about III now. Here's hoping this kickstarter game turns out awesome, I'm still trying to decide which tier I want to blow tax return money on.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I believe you and I kind of want to try it but no xbox 360 emulator makes it kind of hard.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
It's for the original xbox. Same problem there though, although they are much cheaper and easier to mod.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fargield posted:

Your dreams are gay

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fargield posted:

Your dreams are gay

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Idk the graphics look kinda boring like they were in 3

Also lol for big money you get to play a board game with Tim Schafer but why bother he won't finish it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
He'll just always take a long loving time to finish his turn, and people will have to yell at him to draw a card or move his piece or something because he thinks whatever he's done so far is enough

• Locked thread