Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

fennesz posted:

This is the only post worth responding to from the last page. That poo poo is dope breh.

Is that Scorched or Night?

Night Battle Scarred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

fennesz posted:

This is the only post worth responding to from the last page. That poo poo is dope breh.

Is that Scorched or Night?

thoughts on the after-effects of todays revelation that yes, every single csgo pro hacks?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Apologies for bringing up mousechat again, but my Steelseries Sensei RAW has decided to give up on me, and I don't have £45 to replace it right now. Are there any recommendations for a lower tier mouse? I'd like the quality but I don't need the gimmicks like a sensitivity toggle or 10 extra buttons. My sense is 1 @ 1080 DPI so I don't even need the "UP TO 700000 DPI" stuff, just a solid basic mouse that is comfortable and isn't going to spaz out on me.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I wish logitech would go back to making mice that didn't look like a 15 year old shut-in's wet dream

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
I think its like Tour de France where everyone cheats.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

NtotheTC posted:

Apologies for bringing up mousechat again, but my Steelseries Sensei RAW has decided to give up on me, and I don't have £45 to replace it right now. Are there any recommendations for a lower tier mouse? I'd like the quality but I don't need the gimmicks like a sensitivity toggle or 10 extra buttons. My sense is 1 @ 1080 DPI so I don't even need the "UP TO 700000 DPI" stuff, just a solid basic mouse that is comfortable and isn't going to spaz out on me.

Get a MX518 on eBay.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

P I S S

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

It's too hard to find on my phone, what was the 144hz monitor someone recommended pages back?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Get a MX518 on eBay.

Seriously. I'm still using mine (~3 years old at this point), but the mousewheel is starting to get grimy and I think I'll have to replace it soon. I think those newer Logitechs feel much better than they look though, I'll definitely try them before I buy another MX518. I think getting a new one would be rather expensive nowadays and lol at buying a used mouse.

Delicious Meat
Feb 28, 2006

Violence is always the answer. No exceptions.
So after taking two months off because I was taking this poo poo way too seriously, I think I can say that post-shift CSGO MM is a giant salt mine. Like, c'mon guys, you're GN3. Accept that you're kinda poo poo and stop getting mad over every little thing. Maybe then you'll get your AK back.

Also, skins are dumb and I was dumb for buying $80 worth (and even dumber for selling said skins and buying a steam controller, though I might use it for a Smurf account).

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

goldblums eyes posted:

It's too hard to find on my phone, what was the 144hz monitor someone recommended pages back?

benq xl2411z or asus vg248qe

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I have 8 wins in a row and I can almost taste the post-adjustment global so im going to rebel against this thread and turn up my sens to 900/1 to celebrate

also that benq is a reasonably cheap and good entry level 144hz screen and I recommend it

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

'entry level' it is the only 144hz you should buy

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
yeah but it kind of sucks (for non gaming stuff) to replace your larger 60hz screen with a tiny babby 144hz, so if you're flush it there are better alternatives out there

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

There are 144hz IPS monitors but they rife with defects from what I've heard, not even worth the hassle for the price of a 144hz BenQ.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Katana Gomai posted:

Seriously. I'm still using mine (~3 years old at this point), but the mousewheel is starting to get grimy and I think I'll have to replace it soon. I think those newer Logitechs feel much better than they look though, I'll definitely try them before I buy another MX518. I think getting a new one would be rather expensive nowadays and lol at buying a used mouse.

MX518 is good, if you want that garbage angle snapping

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Gonna wait for the x34 to drop a little in price and get that fucker

stump collector
May 28, 2007

qhat posted:

I wish logitech would go back to making mice that didn't look like a 15 year old shut-in's wet dream

i agree, i liked the g5

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Fat Lou posted:

I bet you're one of those guys who turns mouse acceleration of as well.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

qhat posted:

There are 144hz IPS monitors but they rife with defects from what I've heard, not even worth the hassle for the price of a 144hz BenQ.

There are some issues but I have the 27" IPS G-sync 1440p 144hz Asus XBHUwhatever and it's completely fine. The issues are backlight bleed and such but if you just buy from somewhere that you know you can return to easily (amazon) it's a non-issue IMO. I'm happy with my purchase although it did require some other system upgrades.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Fat Lou posted:

Care to explain what I'm looking at here?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

fennesz posted:

Artificially straight lines with the MX518, i.e. the mouse changing the moves you make.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

fennesz posted:

art

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

pretty sure most of us are "those guys"

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

real dilemma posted:

pretty sure most of us are "those guys"
:thejoke:

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

This post triggered me so hard
It's like when you're at work and someone has mouse acceleration on and you just want to slap them

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

of what?

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

"Pro" video games are really dumb especially those who think those pro gamers are literally athletes lol

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

Literally too retarded at thinking to add an extra f lol.

edit: just saw you quoting yourself. :v:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

hello internet posted:

"Pro" video games are really dumb especially those who think those pro gamers are literally athletes lol
:goonsay:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

actually saying the opposite would be :goonsay:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
lol if you play cs and don't have secret aspirations to one day go pro at the expense of having a real job or life

seriously though there are lots of really dumb sports even at the olympics level and video games aren't even in the top 5

pictured: an activity somehow more embarassing than shooting things in a virtual space

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Awesome Welles posted:

actually saying the opposite would be :goonsay:
You goonsayed my goonsay. We've reached critical mass.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I played with mouse accel for a really long time. On a trackball. Then I played on Quake. That poo poo changed real fast.

Depends on the medium, mouse accel isn't universally bad if you play with it often enough on several genres. It's just poo poo like cs and quake where it's an issue only because of the finesse required.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Bohemian Nights posted:

lol if you play cs and don't have secret aspirations to one day go pro at the expense of having a real job or life

seriously though there are lots of really dumb sports even at the olympics level and video games aren't even in the top 5

pictured: an activity somehow more embarassing than shooting things in a virtual space

Where'd you get the photo of me? My LinkedIn?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Xenaero posted:

I played with mouse accel for a really long time. On a trackball. Then I played on Quake. That poo poo changed real fast.

Depends on the medium, mouse accel isn't universally bad if you play with it often enough on several genres. It's just poo poo like cs and quake where it's an issue only because of the finesse required.

Many, maybe even most, of the top Quake pros used mouse accel though.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
Mouse accel is good in games where you need to do a variety of distances of mouse movement, such as in quake wehre you have to do all your strafejumping, then you have to do your lg tracking, and then shoot ahead of people with rockets and flick rails

In CS it's mostly only one kind of shooting so you just optimize for it, but mouse accel is still decent if you can get used to it.

I don't know what the purpose of angle snapping and smoothing are, though, so best to just leave them off

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I get by fine with an angle snapping mouse. Would I be any better if I used some fancy 100% accurate full 9001Hz ultra tracking $150 mega laser mouse? Probably not.

e: Now, if I actually bothered to set up my giant fnatic-branded QCK+ mouse pad and tweak my sensitivity I'd be fragging with the pros.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Feb 8, 2016

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
I was a gold Nova until I got my Benq 144hz and steel series pro 3000 Razer mouse now I'm a global elite. Its crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Bohemian Nights posted:

don't shame our future cyborg overlords

• Locked thread