Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Blast Fantasto posted:

On topic, it looks like WWE just put a ton of themes up on Spotify.

http://open.spotify.com/artist/1Rq2fxHqbZqkKNhV1xzrgV

As recently as a few weeks ago, all they had up were singles of a few of the popular ones (Rock, Fandango, The Game, etc.)

So now if you wanted to add rear end Man to your workout playlist, you can totally do that now.
gently caress yes, the No Holds Barred theme is there. :getin:

PEOPLE MAKE IT SO HAAAAAAARD
IT'S NO HOLDS BAAAAAAAARRRED

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJvpkh2cHLE

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Feb 16, 2015

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Blast Fantasto posted:

As recently as a few weeks ago, all they had up were singles of a few of the popular ones (Rock, Fandango, The Game, etc.)

So now if you wanted to add rear end Man to your workout playlist, you can totally do that now.

they might've just added the single best album onto Spotify with WWE: The Music Vol. 3.

Edge N Christian's old theme, Taker's good theme, Dude Love, The Rock where he is trash talking the whole song, the better Steve Austin theme

e; can confirm they have Real Man's Man on there, but the I Don't Suck by Kurt Angle does not feature vocals, not gone through it all yet tho so it might be there

e2; snake bit, a classic

e; they DO have I Don't Suck, hahah

Another Person fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Feb 16, 2015

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Layla has dropped all WWE references on her social media:
https://twitter.com/mslayel
http://instagram.com/laylayel/

Time to panic

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Oh yeah, isn't a round of cuts coming up now that financials are out?

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
It still says WWE Diva on her instagram. At least the PC version.

Just checked on my phone and it's there. I still expect her to be near the top of the list for releases when they do happen

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I'd not be too shocked. She's spent most of the last 3 years out injured, is a competent but not outstanding worker, and the division isn't as barren as it used to be.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Layla is pushing 40 and hasn't been on TV in months. Letting her go won't be a complete surprise.

E: Wikipedia says her real name is Layla El. That's a ... weird last name, even as a Spanish-English person.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Layla had a good run. There was a period of time that LayCool was the most entertaining thing on the broadcasts. It was a lean time, but Layla and McCool really made the most of it.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Blast Fantasto posted:

*Running on Treadmill*

Dude Next to Me: TOO MANY LIMES TOO MANY LIMES

On a side note, some of the album covers are great

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Benne posted:

Layla is pushing 40 and hasn't been on TV in months. Letting her go won't be a complete surprise.

E: Wikipedia says her real name is Layla El. That's a ... weird last name, even as a Spanish-English person.

Bring her back with a Supergirl gimmick

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DeathChicken posted:

poo poo, that reminds me of this WWE house show I went to where Shannon Moore and Jimmy Yang were teaming up. I yelled "Sing along with Three Count", Moore yelled back "Can't, didn't bring the green circles"

I love how Tank Abbott had a green square... wasn't even allowed to have a circle :(

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Unironically, please reunite LayCool and Low Ki in TNA

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

I can't see Undertaker's wife going to TNA

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I pretty much want Layla to just keep getting paid for the rest of her life in recognition of the fact that she rules and is awesome.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I pretty much want Layla to just keep getting paid for the rest of her life in recognition of the fact that she rules and is awesome.

Yeah, this. Layla is flawless.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

achillesforever6 posted:

http://www.wwe.com/inside/superstars-as-vikings-photos
Best I think are probably Bryan, Damien, and Harper

The link on the side led me to this.
http://www.wwe.com/classics/classic-lists/wwe-high-school

"When he’s not shoving WWE High’s freshmen — and a few of its teachers — into lockers, Brock Lesnar is pounding his opponents on the wrestling mat as the sole WWE High student to earn a victory over dominant rival school, Death Valley Prep. Lesnar is rarely seen in class, but according to his guidance counselor, Paul Heyman, he’s poised to emerge as “The Next Big Thing” in collegiate wrestling.

Activities: WWE High varsity wrestling team, hunting and fishing club"

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Jerusalem posted:

100% agreed. It's a shame today's divas aren't half as entertaining as she was here :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiU25xLwX2c

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Interesting, the Spotify WWE albums have demo versions of themes mixed in.

Edit: lol I forgot about when all the Divas themes had to be about finding a boy, Tiffany's was hilarious

Edit2: I would love to be a fly on the wall when they brainstormed Rob Conway's incredible theme

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Feb 16, 2015

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

http://www.wwe.com/inside/superstars-as-vikings-photos
Best I think are probably Bryan, Damien, and Harper

Erick Rowan isn't even in this group and that's some bullshit.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

triplexpac posted:

Interesting, the Spotify WWE albums have demo versions of themes mixed in.

Edit: lol I forgot about when all the Divas themes had to be about finding a boy, Tiffany's was hilarious

Edit2: I would love to be a fly on the wall when they brainstormed Rob Conway's incredible theme

Vince: We're going to capitalize on this Randy Newman guy the kids are all banana for nowadays.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Jerusalem posted:

I used to be sure that the word TEST was punctuating bits of the music, so when he formed a tag-team with Test I figured,"Welp that just makes sense I guess."

I'm pretty sure the words are "ice ice ice... cold cold cold... CAN YOU DIG IT, SUCKAAAAAA?"

It's supposed to justify the huge pyro by establishing that Booker T is cold often.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
The pancakes are living inside you.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Layla was mediocre at best so meh

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
Layla always looked like she was having a complete blast at whatever she was doing on tv. Plus she managed to accidentally feel up just about every diva on the roster. She's a treasure.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Shocking revelations about the Royal Rumble plans https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsIkd_apfGU

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

Defiance Industries posted:

I'm pretty sure the words are "ice ice ice... cold cold cold... CAN YOU DIG IT, SUCKAAAAAA?"

It's supposed to justify the huge pyro by establishing that Booker T is cold often.

The words are actually "yes yessss...no noooo"

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Getting into wrestling again after a 16 year hiatus and just watched wm17. Holy poo poo that was incredible. Is that generally considered the peak of that era? Ive never seen a crowd so hot. Their reaction as the rock kept kicking out over and over again was amazing. I was blown away. What else should I watch? Where does cena peak?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Sionistic posted:

Layla always looked like she was having a complete blast at whatever she was doing on tv. Plus she managed to accidentally feel up just about every diva on the roster. She's a treasure.
That sounds highly dubious. I believe Layla is a known prank groper, and an all around rapscallion.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

beergod posted:

Getting into wrestling again after a 16 year hiatus and just watched wm17. Holy poo poo that was incredible. Is that generally considered the peak of that era? Ive never seen a crowd so hot. Their reaction as the rock kept kicking out over and over again was amazing. I was blown away. What else should I watch? Where does cena peak?

I suppose it could be argued that Cena peaks at Money in the Bank 2011 at the same time as Punk. That's a great match to watch regardless.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

beergod posted:

Mania 17 is widely considered one of the best PPVs of all time, yes. Cena's peak is pretty recent, his match at Money in the Bank 2011 is amazing, he and CM Punk had incredible chemistry together. There's also a match from RAW a couple of years ago that is probably one of his best, you can find it on YouTube, not sure about the Network. It's from the 25th of February 2013.

edit: Network link here.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

beergod posted:

I find it hard to pin point Cena's peak. Its probably better to find his best feuds. CM Punk is probably his best feud. Also check out his recent Lesnar stuff going back to the 2012 match, his feud with Batista, and his matches with HBK.

I also really like some of the stuff he did with Orton but there seems to be a ton of it.

Also, HBK vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania 25 and 26 are must see wrestling

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

If you meant in terms of crowd reaction, though, he never comes close to that

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

beergod posted:

That's the absolute peak. That event would have drawn 200,000 in a building large enough. Peak Cena is hard to say, it's not WM 21, business wise it was WM 28 but that's the Rock's show, he loses at MITB 2011 but it's kind of peak Cena in a way so go with that.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Cena's peak is ECW One Night Stand 2006 in my book. Money In The Bank 2011 is great too, it's almost like ONS2006 part 2. Pretty much, it's always fun to boo Cena and root for the underdog. And I like Cena, just not as the superface.

Cena was pretty great in the title match in the Royal Rumble this year though. It's just that his character has been coasting forever.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Heavy Metal posted:

That sounds highly dubious. I believe Layla is a known prank groper, and an all around rapscallion.

Yeah, if twice is a coincidence, then doing it nearly every single match sure as hell seems intentional.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Blast Fantasto posted:

Best theme (sorry american males):

http://youtu.be/C06jAb-e_iU

I feel like it adequately expressed the duality of Billy Gunns character, namely that he likes to both love and kick asses.

A lover AND a fighter?! Billy Gunn truly is a man of contrasts. A walking contradiction, if you will.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Suben posted:

A lover AND a fighter?! Billy Gunn truly is a man of contrasts. A walking contradiction, if you will.

Also he likes butts

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

keevo posted:

How long has Randy been doing house shows?

Just want to note, house show Randy is best Randy. Last time he did Smackdown in Des Moines he was in the dark main, and stopped mid beatdown to get on the mic and cut a promo on how much he hated being stuck in town thanks to the blizzard outside before belting his opponent with the mic. Totally fired up and 100% not the slow-rear end lazy bastard he plays on TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Liquid Communism posted:

Just want to note, house show Randy is best Randy. Last time he did Smackdown in Des Moines he was in the dark main, and stopped mid beatdown to get on the mic and cut a promo on how much he hated being stuck in town thanks to the blizzard outside before belting his opponent with the mic. Totally fired up and 100% not the slow-rear end lazy bastard he plays on TV.

He'd be reaching for the tag, Bryan would get cut off and he'd just flip his poo poo on the apron. It was great to see him doing something other than being boring in Tampa.

• Locked thread