Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm pretty sure you all mean Cena hasn't peaked yet, jack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Heavy Metal posted:

Cena's peak is ECW One Night Stand 2006 in my book.

i haven't seen a ton of Cena but i've never seen him perform better than this. the way he plays off the crowd, that pouty little face he puts on at first, and the terror in his eyes after is all incredible

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Aye Doc posted:

i haven't seen a ton of Cena but i've never seen him perform better than this. the way he plays off the crowd, that pouty little face he puts on at first, and the terror in his eyes after is all incredible

Cena is an incredibly good performer when the situation calls for it, and is an amplifier for everything. If the person and him don't mesh well, you wind up with a gigantic pile of poo poo. If you pair him with someone who can also adapt and react accordingly, you get an amazing match and a potential motyc. Lesnar/Cena 1 and 2, CM Punk/Cena @MitB and Raw, Cena/RVD, Cena/Bryan, Cena/Cesaro.

It's the reason why I'm so excited for Cena/Rusev. Rusev has been shown to be able to sell and improvise extremely well, he's a big guy, but not a standard big guy, and has genuinely been intriguing. Outcome of the match aside, I expect to see a great match from those two at fast lane.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Many thanks for the WWE themes on Spotify. I'd forgotten about BANANA at beginning of undertaker's ministry theme.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Blast Fantasto posted:

Also he likes butts

Which is how you know you can trust him, he cannot lie.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Cena's problem is rarely ever his matches, the problem is the endings which end in Rapadoo bullshit. That happens and the match essentially means nothing since Cena sells none of it. He doesn't even have a Hulk Up to establish that he's pissed now and is going to Fighting Spirit your rear end, it's just an out of nowhere "Now I ignore the last fifteen minutes."

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I am really dreading Rusev-v-Cena precisely because no matter who wins, Rusev will sell the gently caress out of it as the biggest beat-down he's ever had and Cena will be smiling and giving the thumbs-up with kids 20 seconds after the final bell rings.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Imagine the end of Rocky 4 except Rocky is hopping around undamaged and unfazed and rapping his "IF I CAN CHANGE AND YOU CAN CHANGE" speech in brightly colored k-mart clothes

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

Cena's problem is rarely ever his matches, the problem is the endings which end in Rapadoo bullshit. That happens and the match essentially means nothing since Cena sells none of it. He doesn't even have a Hulk Up to establish that he's pissed now and is going to Fighting Spirit your rear end, it's just an out of nowhere "Now I ignore the last fifteen minutes."

It's one reason the Bryan match worked, because there's that spot about 2/3 in, where it turns into a New Japan match and both guys just slap the poo poo out of each other and FIGHTING SPIRIT takes over.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

That DICK! posted:

Imagine the end of Rocky 4 except Rocky is hopping around undamaged and unfazed and rapping his "IF I CAN CHANGE AND YOU CAN CHANGE" speech in brightly colored k-mart clothes

I think you're misremembering Rocky 4. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HitsB05O9eI

Rusev crush!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Of course. I mean, he's fighting an old man. Cena probably shouldn't be so proud and just use his walker to come down to the ring at Fastlane.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
What the gently caress is Cena gonna do with the US title anyway?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Restore it to its former glory.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

oldpainless posted:

Restore it to its former glory.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Immigrate to Canada and turn heel making it the Canadian championship. He can cut promos about how America is poo poo, pretty much Detroit from coast to coast, and talk about the superiority of poutine.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

It would be pretty funny if Cena were such a terrible, annoying heel that smarks start immediately clamoring for him to turn face.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
There's no way Cena is winning at Fastlane. Either it ends in a DQ or Rusev actually beats him (cheating or otherwise) to set up comeback angle for Wrestlemania.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Rusev is definitely winning at Fast Lane and Cena is winning at Mania.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Retromancer posted:

It would be pretty funny if Cena were such a terrible, annoying heel that smarks start immediately clamoring for him to turn face.

He could be WCW 2000 Kevin Nash and cut promos about how he's booked to go over in the next match, then walk out and win the match. The internet would hate it!

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
In a twisted way I do sort of hope 'Cena pastes the monster heel' becomes the new WrestleMania streak. He's done in Bray, now Rusev; he can kill Baron Corbin's heat next year and Kevin Owens at WM33. WWE is pressured into putting Daniel Bryan in the main event every year, so to say gently caress you to the smarks they have Cena halt somebody else's career each year.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Retromancer posted:

but that makes a good heel imo

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

So after someone posted that thing about WWE high, I had a look through some more of the WWE Inside articles. Most of them are like the worst GBS photoshop threads you've ever seen.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Sex Robot posted:

So after someone posted that thing about WWE high, I had a look through some more of the WWE Inside articles. Most of them are like the worst GBS photoshop threads you've ever seen.

The cat shops were awesome though.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Sex Robot posted:

I wonder how much Tyson paid the photoshop team to create this masterpiece?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Sex Robot posted:

That article owned.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

They also have an article on "WWE Transformations"

Apparently Darren Brown got less black at some point

Edit: This Whole loving Article

Sex Robot fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Feb 16, 2015

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
It's really astounding how good WWE"s truck monkeys are are putting together video packages yet how poo poo their photoshoppers are.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

pressedbunny posted:

It's really astounding how good WWE"s truck monkeys are are putting together video packages yet how poo poo their photoshoppers are.

10 Superstars you didn’t realize were in Adam Rose’s entourage!

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
Cena was at his best from mid 2006 to his injury in 2007, he was having killer matches every PPV. Off the top of my head he had the TLC against Edge, the awesome LMS with umaga, two great matches with HBK, a freaking **** match with Lashley, and the Khali miracle might've been around that time as well. That year made me a fan.

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

Cthulhu loves me, this I know, for ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!!
I realize it was from a page or so back, but I would watch the hell out of a "WWE High" cartoon.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
oh my god the kung fu naki theme is on spotify

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Sex Robot posted:

They also have an article on "WWE Transformations"

Apparently Darren Brown got less black at some point

Edit: This Whole loving Article

... Darren YOUNG?

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

armoredgorilla posted:

... Darren YOUNG?

Oh poo poo. You found me out. I was the racist all along :gonk:

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Also, while the rest of it sucked, Sheamus should start wearing the Ireland flag facepaint immediately.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Don't be a lemon, get Hep C!

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Gonzo McFee posted:

Don't be a lemon, get Hep C!

X-Pac: Finally, a shoot gimmick! :haw:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mystery Opponent posted:

the awesome LMS with umaga

That match was so loving good, Cena using the ring rope to choke out Umaga just to keep him down for a 10 count made them both look great. It was excellent.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

Mechafunkzilla posted:

The same thing everyone does with the US title.

Never defend it and randomly vacate it in a year to give it to someone else who complains about being given nothing to do.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Authorman posted:

The same thing everyone does with the US title.

Never defend it and randomly vacate it in a year to give it to someone else who complains about being given nothing to do.

Maybe he has the necessary clout to streamline some of the red tape regarding title defenses.

Lousy paperwork! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
What they should've done with the US Title is have Rusev mod it into a Russian Federation Title for cheap heel heat. Then have whoever takes it off him mod it into whatever personalized belt fits them, like Sheamus having an irish flag belt. Belts are always huge merch and every douchebag in Boston would want a dumb irish belt. Then in six months or so have a Brit/Canadian/Mexican take it and mod it themselves for their own flag. When this gimmick runs out of steam then have Cena or Swagger take it and reset it back to the useless US Title, for America, jack.

There I just made the US Title mean something to someone.

• Locked thread