Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

I love this thread and everything in it.

My dad did a tour of duty in Vietnam as a medical corpsman and has tons of slides of his time there. I'll have to see if I can get them from him and scan them in.

In the meantime, here's a (less-interesting) photo taken by my mom, of my dad and me, circa 1978. We're on a ferry crossing between Delaware and New York -- it's my favorite photo of me with my dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Getting a real Sean Connery vibe here.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

This photo is great but why did he borrow his son's tie?

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

DJExile posted:

#1: Holy god that's a great av
#2: Maybe a safety thing if he worked somewhere with machinery, I don't know when clip-on ties came into vogue (I want to say it was invented in like the 40s). That's a stab in the dark though.

1. :hfive:

2. I'll accept this answer.

• Locked thread