Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
Last September I visited my family in Indonesia. There, I asked my grandmother whether there were photos of my grandfather, who died ten years before I was born. After the coup d'etat in the mid-sixties, he was detained as a political prisoner for fifteen years. He was released in 1980 but died shortly after as a result of health complications from his captivity.
The pictures she showed were the first images I had seen of my grandfather, and I'm pretty sure they are the only ones that exist. There are more pictures in the album but these are the strongest, especially next to each other.

A family picture before he was detained. That's my mother on my grandmother's lap.

This is a portrait of my mother, I'm guessing roughly five years old. I'm not completely sure but I think this was taken shortly after my grandfather was detained. My grandmother told me stories of how my mother would ask her 'Kapan bapak pulang?' or 'When is dad coming home?'

I'm currently planning on going back to Indonesia this year, to start a project on Indonesia. I'm going to then properly digitalize the pictures in the album and use them as an underlying base for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread