Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That girl has impeccable form with her middle finger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It reminds me of some of the photo collections the Library of Congress has online. They sent photographers all over the country to record the state of things and there's a lot of "documentary" shots like that.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ExecuDork posted:

That's really cool, does anyone still do anything like that? Sounds like a sweet gig, for anyone not independently wealthy.

I don't know if they still do it, almost all of it is from the 60's and earlier. It was the same sort of program that got us all those depression era shots from Dorothea Lange.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm glad that even in the 60's people weren't afraid to make jokes about recent tragedies.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Nah, keep the vintage sepia. Fixing it takes away from the photo.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

DJExile posted:

Oh my god far right kid's outfit is loving amazing

I was never dressed up like that but his haircut is a horror I had to live with for almost 15 years.

Every time my mom brings out the pictures she's all AWW CUTE and I'm all "what the gently caress was wrong with people in the 70's and 80's" :geno:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I like how even in the 40's/50's there were assholes that couldn't be bothered to clean off their windows before going for a drive.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Is he the soldier from TF2?

Those colors are so loving juicy.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

He's definitely the free spirit of the group, always coming up with crazy get rich quick schemes.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It goes back even further than that, it started back before color was invented when villains would tie girls to the rails.

So it's good to see some progress on that front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

For me it was my first full day at a new job, figured I'd picked a cool place to be if everyone stood around all morning watching tv. Don't remember how long after that I stayed ignorant, but I know I watched none of it live.

Crazy there was a world where we didn't all have the internet in our pocket 24/7.

• Locked thread