Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Here's a bunch of Grandad photos and one Dad photo. Grandad used to shoot quite a bit with his Kodak Retina apparently.

Living in the very remote north-west Queensland there were animals around:

And a orphaned joey who was the family pet:

Grandma in full 1950's mode, rad frames:

And the dad photo, he and his best mate shooting each other, in full 1970's Aussie bloke mode:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

This has quickly become my favourite thread, keep posting rad family pics everyone.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Going through old Dad photos and this one came up, I just can't stop laughing every time I see it, at least I know my Dad kept his sense of humour bringing up his five kids:

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Here's a slice of life from the 70's in Perth and Melbourne, hopefully there a little bit interesting:

Crazy Uncle:

Dad's sweet Torana, 3rd one in the state, which he rolled at some point:

Rad hair all round:

Smashing some Emu Export while doing burn outs in the dunes:

Parents first home I think, just gotta wait for the neighbours:

Smashing more beers, and getting in on that cigarette advertising:

The Uncle who took a lot of these shots with his Pentax ME Super, which he handed on to me, which still works!:

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Catsby posted:

Really nice thread.
I scanned some of my belated grandparents prints earlier this year, that some of you might enjoy.

My grandfather was working for some time on Svalbard, here my grandmother is visiting him.

Grandfather in front of some Svalbard mountain.

Grandfather in his Svalbard office. My personal favorite of these.

Grandfather and grandmother cozying up.

Grandfather and my mother, some time in the 70's

New Year's Eve sometime in the 70's

These are my favorites, I have a few more if people are keen.

Don't hold back, keep sharing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

akadajet posted:

My great uncle and a cat. 1954. Some kind of mold or mildew on these slides. I'm afraid to try to clean them though.

Those colours :eyepop:

• Locked thread