Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Mom had me scan in my grandfather's slides. Among a lot of "here is everyone standing in front of a car, standing in front of a house" shots, there were some gems. These are all either Kodachome or Ektachrome ranging from the mid 60s to mid 70s. Amusingly, almost every picture of my grandfather was out of focus. Much like me, he couldn't get anybody else in the family to focus a camera.

img384 by mattphilpott734, on Flickr

img464 by mattphilpott734, on Flickr

img488 by mattphilpott734, on Flickr

img699 by mattphilpott734, on Flickr

img344 by mattphilpott734, on Flickr

They took a trip out west in the early 70s that looked amazing flipping through the slides, but it turns out my grandfather was so intent on making time in the car he forced my uncle (10-11 at the time) to shoot these beautiful, sprawling landscapes out the window of a moving RV. Almost every single one is useless.

Also in that album for the NASCAR minded, some very early shots of Martinsville Speedway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ExecuDork posted:

Sorry to hear about your dad, he certainly had some cool pictures. Also, you should definitely shoot that old SLR yourself.

Seconding this. I inherited my dad's old OM-10 a while back and shooting my kids with the same camera my dad used to shoot us has a nice warm circle of life feel to it.

• Locked thread