Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Lovechild of Anthony Keidis and Jared leto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Here is a moustache attached to my father circa 1980

My father was a commercial pilot most of my formative years, I got to see him like a month a year tops. Good man, but he and I are only starting to get to know each other now.

Before he flew 747s in the 90s and 00s he flew passenger prop planes around Papua New Guinea in the 80s.

There is a photo I'm trying to get from him where him and him mates are wearing penis gourds and drunk as skunks

Here is the plane being loaded with men women and piccaninnies

I'll try and dig up some video of him drunk and shaving, it's pretty funny.

Jestery fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Feb 14, 2017

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Hollow Talk posted:

Children. The word you are looking for is children.

Forgive me for using the Linga franca

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

akadajet posted:

they speak in spoiler tags?

I figured some people just like the dad pics, some people like the provenance, pick your own adventure :words:

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

ExecuDork posted:

This discussion about vocabulary is a distraction.

Please post more pics of/by your awesome pilot-in-PNG dad.

I'll post that video of him shaving tonight. Its a long video but I'll post the highlights

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

ExecuDork posted:

This discussion about vocabulary is a distraction.

Please post more pics of/by your awesome pilot-in-PNG dad.

If a picture is worth 1000 words how much is a video?

https://youtu.be/ee21gvbCKtE
Your mileage may vary on how entertaining(I'm bias) this is but the long and short of it is my father(center with the glasses) and his two friends all decided to shave off their mustaches to surprise their wives. And my father and his friends tried to make a vodcast of it.

there is a weird vapourwave quality to the whole vid

My father being the sneaky bugger pretended and pranked them, they weren't happy about it and strong armed him into shaving.

I think my father set up the camera to record their reaction but they were getting so pissed they got preoccupied with shaving and trashing the room to find beer.

highlights
00:35 have we got a problem
00:48 "Jolly good chaps"
01:00 Phil the prankster
01:20 "you look like a dark skinned john lennon"
01:50"Im in serious trouble with the wife"
03:45 my dad shaves his friend and then calls for more beer
04:52 "these work razors are lovely what did you expect"
05:55 "we need more beer, cant have shaves without beer"
06:55 The great mostash ruse is up
08:20 drunk shaving face
08:50 strongarmed shaving

by the end of it they've trashed the hotel room

The audio is a little hosed from being converted to digital, and there is some no signal parts of the video.

https://youtu.be/6ys4SIiCI1U
This one is also kinda cool if you like plane-dads
Due to flight simulator time being so expensive back in the 1990s my father made his own simulator using a chalkboard. and ran through his emergency protocal stuff on it. its pretty cool. Enjoy my sister being a cute kid and interrupting

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

SoundMonkey posted:

On second thought this will probably not be as entertaining as I'd hoped.

The shaving video probably best appreciated just skipping round for a minute or two.

I just put some choice moments up so cool plane dad can be seen with mates

The emergency protocol one is neat I felt aswell

As for piccaninnies, I grew up in PNG speaking Pisin ,I always understood it to be a general term for children. Used by locals and expats alike for both white and black children.:mrwhite:

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I was there a little while ago ,it's really gone downhill. Barely a tourist trap and the pineapple itself has see much better days

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Thank ya...I'll try and keep the dumps more reasonable in length in the future though

I remember on this day, when he came home he mentioned that he had been too busy running hither and yon that he barely saw any of it. Our local government people and grounded plane passengers gravely looking on were the order of the day.

I've posted my father earlier in this thread, at the time he was flying planes very similar to the ones that hit the towers.

One of his pilot mates had called him at 3 in the morning local time and was like
"Mate, turn on your TV"
"What the gently caress it's 3am"
"{Name} turn on your TV"
"What channel?"
"Doesn't matter"

I woke up to him glued to the tv for the whole day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I've posted here about my pilot dad a bit and as a bit of a suprise I got myself a VR head set and put him in a flight Sim in his favourite aircraft to fly. He hasn't flown a plane in nearly a decade but was able to run a circuit round our local airport no issues once he acclimated to VR. He was talking me through airspeeds and trimming and climb rates etc. Was really cool

Here he is having the time of his VR life

• Locked thread