Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR
How about some cool mom pics?

My mom traveled around the world in 1967-1968 with her first husband. From Paris they drove a Citroen 2CV via Turkey, Iran, and Afghanistan, all the way to India, where they sold the 2CV to buy boat tickets to Singapore. There my mom bought a Nikomat FT (which I still have and occasionally use), which she used to take Kodachromes in the other places they visited - Bali, Cambodia, Laos, and Japan. I got a V500 in 2009 for the express purpose of scanning the Kodachromes, and having the scanner is actually part of what encouraged me to pick up film photography again.

I wish she'd had the Nikomat in Iran and Afghanistan :sigh:

Whole roast pig in Bali:

Fabric workshop in Bali:

Laotian mother:

Japanese mother:

Octopus for sale in Japan:

Train derailment in Japan:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread