Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

My life is the most blessed and most cursed in existence (blessed spiritually, cursed physically)
Madden 08 was a good one. I haven't played the new ones because I don't have any consoles. Bye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Bye.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I haven't owned a Madden game since Madden 99 on the playstation 1. It was OK. Bye.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

i like the one with the dude on the box

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i liked that n64 game where you got powers and could set the football on fire and stuff

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Bobnumerotres posted:

i liked that n64 game where you got powers and could set the football on fire and stuff

yeah RIP blitz

madden 97 on the genesis was my jam

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Madden is one of my favorite games because it has the best hot seat multiplayer. The randomness of player outcomes on a given play make people go insane. Friendships have almost been ruined because of this franchise lmao

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

i got kicked out of college because all i did was sit around getting stoned and playing Madden on the genesis.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i think blood bowl is alright with some friends. it's like the same thing right?

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwKCo77he78

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Madden games have been downhill since they took out the ambulances running over players.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

SirPhoebos posted:

Madden games have been downhill since they took out the ambulances running over players.

lmao what

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

sports games have been really bad the last few years. nobody making them actualyl gives a poo poo anymore. it pisses me off.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Famous TV Dad posted:

sports games have been really bad the last few years. nobody making them actualyl gives a poo poo anymore. it pisses me off.

why would they. people buy the latest sports games in droves regardless of quality or content like the latest smart phone

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

why would they. people buy the latest sports games in droves regardless of quality or content like the latest smart phone

this has never been true. people bought them every year yeah but the quality was still good. now sales of sports games are way down and even games for major sports barely get released

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Famous TV Dad posted:

this has never been true. people bought them every year yeah but the quality was still good. now sales of sports games are way down and even games for major sports barely get released

Still $59.99 for each one.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

youre gonna tell me that isnt true for FIFA lmao maybe this year it changed with the new gens but you're dumb if you think people dont just mindlessly upgrade in the millions

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

FIFA has always sucked.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Also I dont think you understand what I'm saying.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Tecmo Super Bowl is superior

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

that guy coaches in the wnba now so basically nice pic of the highlight of his life

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it's a barn burner!

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
the Bye meme

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

ESPN NFL 2K5 was my personal jam, OP.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

zen death robot posted:

MLB The Show is a consistently good sports game series

I've heard that but I've never played them.

LEGO Genetics posted:

Tecmo Super Bowl is superior

Its really good and its funny that it was probably made by some Japanese dudes that had never watched an actual football game before

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
larry bird is the tony hawk of basketball if you really think about it

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

zen death robot posted:

MLB The Show is a consistently good sports game series

I think it's a decent baseball game. But it basically is just three different mini games with much waiting. It could be a flash game.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

starbarry clock posted:

larry bird is the tony hawk of basketball if you really think about it

very very white

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

i'm pissed off that NFL Blitz, NBA Jam, and NHL Hitz are effectively dead because people would rather play "realistic" sports games that get shat out every year. gently caress that poo poo, i want my players to be on fire

the fact that Midway went under and EA took over the licenses doesn't help

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_138p6uzhUk

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

Man that soundtrack was so good.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

that owns

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Y-Hat posted:

i'm pissed off that NFL Blitz, NBA Jam, and NHL Hitz are effectively dead because people would rather play "realistic" sports games that get shat out every year. gently caress that poo poo, i want my players to be on fire

the fact that Midway went under and EA took over the licenses doesn't help

the only hope of wacky sports games these days is mario _____.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

the only hope of wacky sports games these days is mario _____.
i know nintendo is the only big video game company that gives a poo poo anymore but mario sports just don't do it for me

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Sports games are a lot like Dark Souls. I don't play them.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

but dark souls is good?????

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

John Madden!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
my only experience with madden since 2006 has been reading jon bois' breaking madden articles

http://coub.com/view/4rl7q

• Locked thread