Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

AweStriker posted:

One of the edit videos that's always stuck with me is one that seems to have been lost to the internet - it was of Lockstep from the DS Rhythm Heaven, with stabbing Spies.

I cannot remember the name of it, and haven't been able to find it for probably at least a year.

That being said, I'm looking forward to how this proceeds.

Tap Spy?

Anyway, this looks pretty cool! I wonder if you could play it blindfolded, going by audio cues alone.

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Feb 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD

Jsor posted:

All Chopin, all the time.

This man speaks wisely.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

I do like the musical analysis and gameplay combo you have going here. But (not to be a pedant) I'm not sure if I agree with your conclusions regarding 3/4 and 6/8 time. 3/4 time CAN have each beat emphasized, but I'd say that different forms emphasize different beats. A waltz emphasizes the first beat of each measure, but something like a mazurka can particularly accent the second or third. And many of Johann Strauss Jr.'s waltzes have the 6/8 emphasis (ONE-and-a-TWO-and-a) while being written in 3/4 time. Case in point, the Blue Danube Waltz. It's especially noticeable around 2:48 or so.

• Locked thread