Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Karate Bastard posted:

Hmm... looks promising. One question, how deep down the rabbit hole are we going here? Like are we hitting the Skrillex depot before plunging through the main Dream Theater shaft to base jump into the caverns of Meshuggah, or will we just get a mild dose of Coldplay?

All Chopin, all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
The other time signature is going to be cut time, isn't it? Unless it's something completely bizarre like 5/8, but that's not exactly common.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
In my experience playing and conducting, waltzes generally "feel" like ONE two three, ONE two three. Even in the underwater theme you played that's what my bones feel. (Though the backing is evenly stressed, when it works with the melody, I think it clearly stresses 1 on each measure). I also slightly disagree about 4/4. You're right about ONE two THREE four, but I think the third beat is generally less emphasized than the first. It's more like ONE two THREE four. When one and three are equal, you're usually secretly in 2/4 (e.g. for a lot of songs you'd file under "marches"). In general, the downbeat is usually the strongest IME.

• Locked thread