Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd0ZiQJVzTM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Wasn't DarkSydePhil one of the Insane Clown Posse guys going into LP?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh, i remember who he is, he's the really bad at dark souls guy.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Larry Parrish posted:

oh, i remember who he is, he's the really bad at dark souls guy.

BAD AT DARK SOULS??? *steam comes out of ears as bow tie spins*

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i laughed really hard at the mirror knight video when i first saw it because its such an easy boss

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context

Dexters Secret posted:

BAD AT DARK SOULS??? *steam comes out of ears as bow tie spins*

No, see, he's really bad at Dark Souls literally any game.

I wonder how he can even dress himself.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

1upclock posted:

No, see, he's really bad at Dark Souls literally any game.

I wonder how he can even dress himself.

I wonder what it was like when he was employed somewhere.

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Futapult posted:

I wonder what it was like when he was employed somewhere.

I can't see that man keeping a job longer than five minutes.

I can't see that man making it past the interview.

I can't see that man getting his resume picked up.

I can't see that man having a resume.

Larry Parrish posted:

i laughed really hard at the mirror knight video when i first saw it because its such an easy boss

If he made it that far, I'm going to assume he skipped the Smelter Demon (honestly one of three actually hard bosses in DS2), or if he couldn't figure you could do that (most likely scenario) he probably summoned some dudes and let them do all the work.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

1upclock posted:

How many times do you think it took him to pass his driver's test?

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Futapult posted:

How many times do you think it took him to pass his driver's test?

Enough to the point where they just gave him one out of frustration. Like when you buy enough sub sandwiches earning a free one.

A secret rule of the DMV enacted only for him and nobody else.

Either that or his license is fake.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCP9QMS07Xo

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

1upclock posted:

If he made it that far, I'm going to assume he skipped the Smelter Demon (honestly one of three actually hard bosses in DS2), or if he couldn't figure you could do that (most likely scenario) he probably summoned some dudes and let them do all the work.

Dsp makes a living filming himself playing videogames and eating chicken sandwiches. He's better than you.

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Dsp makes a living filming himself playing videogames and eating chicken sandwiches. He's better than you.

If that's a living then I welcome death.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
My favourite DarkSydePhil moment was when I saw someone had made a three-hour long video compiling his mistakes at Dark Souls and YouTube played the whole thing as an advertisement.

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
DarkSydePhil appeals to the lowest common denominator. He's essentially the personification of that Exploding Kittens card game that raised $6 million on Kickstarter. His fans subscribe to the theory that even the most trite, mundane bullshit can be made interesting if you yell loudly enough and create compound words out of every day objects and profanity. These people are so loving desperate for relevance, for a sense of identity, that they'll latch on to an Internet personality, and I'm loathe to even call him that, thinking that it will make them somehow interesting by association. And the worst part is he's praised for being so RANDOM AND ZANY MONKEY loving CHEESE when in reality all his unfunny garbage is completely, one hundred percent scripted. gently caress these people. They are the unfortunate end result of a generation raised by the Internet, and when the revolution comes, they will be the first against the wall.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thanks, Yolomancer.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Thanks, Yolomancer.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yolomancer posted:

DarkSydePhil appeals to the lowest common denominator. He's essentially the personification of that Exploding Kittens card game that raised $6 million on Kickstarter. His fans subscribe to the theory that even the most trite, mundane bullshit can be made interesting if you yell loudly enough and create compound words out of every day objects and profanity. These people are so loving desperate for relevance, for a sense of identity, that they'll latch on to an Internet personality, and I'm loathe to even call him that, thinking that it will make them somehow interesting by association. And the worst part is he's praised for being so RANDOM AND ZANY MONKEY loving CHEESE when in reality all his unfunny garbage is completely, one hundred percent scripted. gently caress these people. They are the unfortunate end result of a generation raised by the Internet, and when the revolution comes, they will be the first against the wall.
Didn't have time to read this as I only live once.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Yolomancer posted:

do u want some cheese with that wine?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

1upclock posted:

i played a str/fth cleric for my first run and i was able to mostly cheese it with lightning spears. then again i one-handed a lightning mace for that fight too.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Yolomancer posted:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Thanks, Yolomancer.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Yolomancer posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wow dude

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

do u want some cheese with that wine?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I kinda like the DSP tries it more than the game videos now is this normal

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Eye of Widesauron posted:

I kinda like the DSP tries it more than the game videos now is this normal

No. Get out of it while you still can.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Yolomancer posted:

thanks for the epic sig el spider

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I wonder why any of you care about this at all. He is a gross, fat, stupid man who thinks he's amazing at videogames. The only people more ridiculous are the people obsessed enough to go through endless hours of retarded footage to make lovely youtube videos detailing exactly how pathetic he is when anyone else looking at him for 20-30 seconds has a pretty good approximation and the sense to not look further.

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Yolomancer posted:

DarkSydePhil is basically a Sin City villain.

Which means killing him would let him win.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Yolomancer posted:

Another ruthless takedown from the Yolomancer.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Goofballs posted:

I wonder why any of you care about this at all. He is a gross, fat, stupid man who thinks he's amazing at videogames. The only people more ridiculous are the people obsessed enough to go through endless hours of retarded footage to make lovely youtube videos detailing exactly how pathetic he is when anyone else looking at him for 20-30 seconds has a pretty good approximation and the sense to not look further.

It's a train-wreck that's hard for some to look away from. The last thing I'm gonna add is that he made a speech about getting insulted with the whole pandalee comment in his destiny LP. He stated that insulting somebody's family is a big no-no but he called his parents "loving stupid" for not buying a special edition toy he wanted early enough when he was younger.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Another ruthless takedown from the Yolomancer.

It's not because I don't think anyone praises dsp.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Goofballs posted:

you are posting in the imp zone

on something awful

on the internet

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It's not because I don't think anyone praises dsp.

i praise dsp because he's managed to turn being aggressively bad at video games into a career that makes a lot of money

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Dexters Secret posted:

i praise dsp because he's managed to turn being aggressively bad at video games into a career that makes a lot of money

i dont think he makes much money

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i went on his youtube channel and all his vids only get a few thosuand views whereas the ones making fun of him get like 400 thouasnd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

I.N.R.I posted:

i went on his youtube channel and all his vids only get a few thosuand views whereas the ones making fun of him get like 400 thouasnd

i think he gets most of his money from streaming

e: oh wait he streams on youtube... huh i guess you're right. i was basing his financial success off the views the videos of his fails get lmao

• Locked thread