Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do *you* want to date?
Chihaya
Kana
Taichi
Arata
Porky
Tsutomu
Hisashi
Shinobu
that tiny motherfucker that styled on taichi
Retro
View Results

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Everything Burrito posted:

While I am holding out hope for a season 3 and haven't jumped over to the manga yet, my patience isn't infinite and if an announcement doesn't pop up sometime soon after Ore Monogatari!! is done I'll start reading it.

I voted for Arata :goleft:

It takes a year or more before the first episode to plan and stuff, so don't expect anything before summer 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I didn't notice Shinobu on the poll when I voted for Kana. Beef Waifu, can you change my vote for Kana to a vote for Shinobu?

This show is legitimately one of my favorite Anime of the past few years.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
Voted Shinobu obv but really you can't lose with most of these characters. The poll makes the decisions seem more lopsided than they are. At least the ranking looks correct based on average opinions (Kana > Chihaya > Shinobu > Taichi).

EDIT:

Harettazetta posted:

Why was there no option for obese Shinobu? This poll is so thin privilege
When you truly love someone you love all of them. Fat Shinobu is Shinobu.

Twiddy fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Feb 11, 2015

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I'm finding that I really like the card game aspects of the show. Like, I find the strategies and mind games to be absolutely riveting stuff.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Razzled posted:

You guys are the worst how could you not vote for Taichi.

Kana gets priority. But yeah, I totally would have chosen Taichi as well.

Out of all the characters, to me he has some of the most satisfactory development. I was cheering so hard when he finally won the B-rank tournament. Good for you, Taichi. :unsmith:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

PunkBoy posted:

I'm finding that I really like the card game aspects of the show. Like, I find the strategies and mind games to be absolutely riveting stuff.
Yeah! Chihaya tries to blow through everything on sheer reflex, but the show actually gets into how that both helps her and hurts her depending on the situation. its really cool stuff.

And Taichi is pro at yomi (the japanese word for reading the mind of your opponent)

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I'm going to watch this show again. Its the right thing to do, I feel

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Endorph posted:

Yeah! Chihaya tries to blow through everything on sheer reflex, but the show actually gets into how that both helps her and hurts her depending on the situation. its really cool stuff.

And Taichi is pro at yomi (the japanese word for reading the mind of your opponent)

Chihayafuru amazes me as being at Akagi levels of detail of both psychoanalysis and gameplay.

The Devil Tesla posted:

It's not really that exciting.

:catstare:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Cake Attack posted:

Someone with more effort than me should start a Simulwatch thread. I think it's also time for a rewatch...

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Endorph posted:

Now I want to see an alternate universe where they decided to play fighting games.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

It's a really well put adaption that adds a lot with it's direction, music, and performances.

i coukdnt get into the comic either

Hearing the poems being spoken out load really adds to the experience.

It's the little things that count.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

A Chihayafuru thread!???

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

are you talking about the coach lady or is there antoher one?
Don't you guys forget Sakura-chan :mad:

See that thing Desktomu's doing with his hands? There's at least one other time a character does that and it's hilarious. I only wish I could remember who and when so I could gif that as well.

And remember: a vote for Kana-chan the only way to go.

linall
Feb 1, 2007

a kitten posted:

Don't you guys forget Sakura-chan :mad:

The best thing about Chihayafuru was that this woman only recurred once(?)

The episode she was in was great, an important step in Chihaya's development, but that voice. Ughhhhhhhh.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I am watching the first episode. Chihaya is really nice, and Taichi is a big jerk.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

That was an insanely good first episode.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

a kitten posted:

See that thing Desktomu's doing with his hands? There's at least one other time a character does that and it's hilarious. I only wish I could remember who and when so I could gif that as well.

Since we've got new folks in the thread, I'll put it behind spoilers: The captain of the Fujisaki team that Taichi played against in the Team Finals. He does it a couple times, but it's introduced in episode 15 of the second season.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've been busy the past two days, sorry.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

i love you almost as much as i love japan

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Wait, what? A Chihayafuru thread and no one told me?!

...Ow.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Just got done with season 2 again. :cool:

e: It would refer to a top that spins smoothly. It almost looks like it's completely still, focusing its power in perfect balance, with no lean in any direction... Strong enough to repel anything that makes contact, while projecting stability. A decorative word used for gods.

Terper fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Feb 12, 2015

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

fix the poll

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

yes, fix the poll to show Shinobu as the winner to troll the hatersaccurately reflect the reality of the situation, tia

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Congratulations Kana.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The bit in the 2nd recap episode with Nishida's sister picking up Retro is the funniest thing in the anime now, I've decided.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Shinobu and Chihaya developing an understanding through anime snowmen is adorable.

EDIT: Holy poo poo that Taich v. Nishida final is episode 19 was absolutely intense. That was some samurai duel poo poo.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Feb 13, 2015

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

update: i watched the first two episodes and im watching the third now. it's really good

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Harada being voiced by Heihachi Mishima feels absolutely perfect.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
I watched both seasons because everyone in the chat thread was talking about it and absolutely loved it. I suggested it to a friend, and he watches the first two episodes and asks me when they'll stop going on about boring poetry games, so now I think I have to sever.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Cake Attack posted:

update: i watched the first two episodes and im watching the third now. it's really good

I've watched through this show three times now I think? The only anime I've watched more than this one is Azumanga Daioh. Though I'm pretty sure I like it more than Azumanga.

Also people should watch some real Karuta games. poo poo is insane.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I watched last years Queen match and it was such a massive curb stomp, I felt sorry for the other girl. First match was ok but the second one was so one sided you'd think the woman just broke down mentally.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I watched last years Queen match and it was such a massive curb stomp, I felt sorry for the other girl. First match was ok but the second one was so one sided you'd think the woman just broke down mentally.

Is there a way to watch them properly in the West? It'd be nice to watch the official games but with translated commentary.

e: Oh, I wonder if they use highspeed camera's to film them?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

Is there a way to watch them properly in the West? It'd be nice to watch the official games but with translated commentary.

e: Oh, I wonder if they use highspeed camera's to film them?

They dont but they really should

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HtT0I9Kxpg

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

I appreciate how even the mat-slapping sounds authentic in the anime.

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012
Saw this thread, thought a Season 3 had been announced. Kinda disappointed :smith: Though it was kind of a miracle that we got 50 episodes of this.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
As Shirobako teaches us all: miracles happen in the anime industry.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
There will never be a season 3.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Actually, there will.

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

i loving love cardslappers

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

The Devil Tesla posted:

Actually, there will.

Quote some hard evidence so I can truly believe.

e: Also the existence of this thread makes me want to watch everything again.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Feb 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

There isn't any hard evidence but the manga has only recently gotten to a point where there's enough material for a season 3. So if they're going to do one, we'll find out over the next year.